I need help with mini split please

• Thread starter soaringfast
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
soaringfast

soaringfast

I'm going to build a sealed room that will be 5x11 or 55sqft.
I'm a going to have 4 600's that will be air cooled. I will most likely be air cooling the lights in sets of 2 instead of trying to do all 4 with daisy chained together. I will also be using a mini CO2 generator running on propane.
The room will be built within a room that has vaulted ceilings.

I have been fighting the sealed rooms for 10 years+ but I know want more control and bigger yields.

Is 9000btu plenty for such a small space?

Thanks

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

I'm going to build a sealed room that will be 5x11 or 55sqft.
I'm a going to have 4 600's that will be air cooled. I will most likely be air cooling the lights in sets of 2 instead of trying to do all 4 with daisy chained together. I will also be using a mini CO2 generator running on propane.
The room will be built within a room that has vaulted ceilings.

I have been fighting the sealed rooms for 10 years+ but I know want more control and bigger yields.

Is 9000btu plenty for such a small space?

Thanks

I am a HVAC pro. IMO you are running close to edge with 9000 btus/hr cooling 2400 watts even if air cooled. I would get a 12000 btus/hr unit if it was my room. If you get inverter type mini split then it can slow down to match heat load of room (saves electricity). Definitely cool the sets of lights in sets of 2. You can use 1 large fan with a wye in duct to cool both sets of light at once.

soaringfast

soaringfast

John, how do I get the lines charged? Can I buy lines pre charged or do I need a havoc guy to do this part of the job?
These little units are very quiet. I was worried about the noise but not anymore.

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

John, how do I get the lines charged? Can I buy lines pre charged or do I need a havoc guy to do this part of the job?
These little units are very quiet. I was worried about the noise but not anymore.

Lines are not charged. Unit is charged but need to evacuate the lines prior to startup. You need a HVAC guy for that if you want to do it right and legal.

I

I love pUC

You can buy a diy mini split...they do make them...but in the long run you will still need an ac guy eventualy...why not try one of those room ac where you duct out the heat from the compressor they make a unit that is sealed off from the evaporate coil so your not exchanging air from your room...and I think they are 12k (1ton)...also when you duct your lights it's better to blow through them then to suck....this way any air leaking through the hood will leak in to your room and will be relieved through your charcoal filter...where as if your sucking your sucking unfiltered air out...which could lead to problems if you no what I mean...good luck with your room.

tortuga1503

tortuga1503

I think thats bullshit bro about not exchanging air!!! They told me that when I bought my portable from the hydro shop. This last run my ac was blowing alot of odor out the building man. Now if itwasn`t exchanging air I don`t think it would be doingthat. I`m by no means a ac guy I just know what I`ve read here. I installed the DIY ideal air mini split and yes the lines are pre charged and yes its fricken easy as hell man. I just installed it last night but so far its working great and its very quit and now I don`t have some portable piece of shit running 24/7 sucking up 1200 watts and the room is now sealed.

F

fasteddy0

I think thats bullshit bro about not exchanging air!!! They told me that when I bought my portable from the hydro shop. This last run my ac was blowing alot of odor out the building man. Now if itwasn`t exchanging air I don`t think it would be doingthat. I`m by no means a ac guy I just know what I`ve read here. I installed the DIY ideal air mini split and yes the lines are pre charged and yes its fricken easy as hell man. I just installed it last night but so far its working great and its very quit and now I don`t have some portable piece of shit running 24/7 sucking up 1200 watts and the room is now sealed.

The portable AC from NGW says "not 100% airtight"
and the portable from hydrofarm says "This unit does not contain a sealed compressor and a small amount of room air will be exchanged through the exhaust port."

So unless they were getting their portables from other sources those two clearly state they are not sealed.

HeadGrow

HeadGrow

Hey man, just curious, is your Ideal Air DIY mini split still working for ya? I'm about to purchase one but I haven't heard much on how they perform.

Top Bottom