I Need Input From Minimalist Style No Till Growers (permaculture)

• Thread starter Organikz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Organikz

Organikz

Ok so here's the story. I introduced h.miles. along with other predatory mites about 1 month ago. I pretty much thought they were a dud. I continued neem/karanja foliar and even mulch soakings. Somehow it didn't interrupt my population at all. In fact it's booming. It did however handle the broad mites or at least beat them down enough to let my plants become healthy enough to start assisting in the fight. Silica foliar feeds played a huge part also.

I also use predatory nematodes which I have seen to be working since I am seeing more full sized larvae busting nematodes and less fungus gnat larvae on my moisture probe. I'm partly to blame. Cheap moisture meter had me overwatering a bit.

Anyway...i just wanted to give you guys an idea of my inputs and responses.

My question is with these biological IPMs...I am afraid to use neem oil and karanja...i dont want to harm beneficial mites. In a healthy no till bed the system (Soil good web) should naturally balance out. Population control vs eradication also feeds this cycle therefore the soil therefore the plants. Should I stop soil surface sprays for now? I think h. Miles only like soil.

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
Ok so here's the story. I introduced h.miles. along with other predatory mites about 1 month ago. I pretty much thought they were a dud. I continued neem/karanja foliar and even mulch soakings. Somehow it didn't interrupt my population at all. In fact it's booming. It did however handle the broad mites or at least beat them down enough to let my plants become healthy enough to start assisting in the fight. Silica foliar feeds played a huge part also.

I also use predatory nematodes which I have seen to be working since I am seeing more full sized larvae busting nematodes and less fungus gnat larvae on my moisture probe. I'm partly to blame. Cheap moisture meter had me overwatering a bit.

Anyway...i just wanted to give you guys an idea of my inputs and responses.

My question is with these biological IPMs...I am afraid to use neem oil and karanja...i dont want to harm beneficial mites. In a healthy no till bed the system (Soil good web) should naturally balance out. Population control vs eradication also feeds this cycle therefore the soil therefore the plants. Should I stop soil surface sprays for now? I think h. Miles only like soil.

I personally let the h.miles run wild and do their thing. I see them everywhere yet I see no flies, spiders, or wierd bugs.

I found some spring tails under my pot But the miles just hang out down there snacking on them :)

The other day I lifted my pot and the spring tails were gone.

Latest posts

Top Bottom