I need serious help with these clones

• Thread starter Ryboburton
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ryboburton

Ryboburton

So I’ve got serious issues going on I can’t figure out. These clones were taken over a month ago from some monster plants. Cloned in rapid rooters. Rooted right away put in NFTG #4 and immeadiately they started suffering but only when under the light. I had issues with three plants that never took off for me from the ten seeds I started. I used them to try and figure out the light I bought. Want to clone and veg small I hope in a closer while I flower them in my grow box.
So here’s the details
Horticulture light group do it yourself 135 led qb
NFTG #4 soil
Small starter pots. About the size of solo cups
76 f
50 or so rh. Can’t get it higher they have expensive hardwood floors in there but mother plants did fine in those ranges but were grew under lec
Ph 6.2
They have never been fed. But the plants they came from went all the way thru veg and would burn if fed. All they wanted was whatever was preloaded in the dirt and water. Check out some of the pics of mine. This is all my first go. So I have a hard time believing they’re hungry but never know
18/6
Only getting about 200ml of water once they dry out. I had overwatering issues with the plants I took them from by overwatering twice and my strain likes to dry all the way out. Super light when I lift them. They love it for whatever reason.
But who knows. Maybe I am over watering.
Any ideas would be much appreciated. I’m not super concerned if they’ll live for about a month. Which I personally think they will. I hurt the mothers a couple times. Weed lol. But to me it’s something with the light. They responded well I thought when I dimmed it.
Lights 24 inches from them by the way

I need serious help with these clones
I need serious help with these clones 2
I need serious help with these clones 3
I need serious help with these clones 4
Ryboburton

Ryboburton

It’s just the oddest thing to me. The plants not have what looks to me like too much nitrogen. But they’ve never been fed. And it’s just started now. Five weeks later

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

feed at 250 ppm and 6.5 ph for soil 6.0 coco,i have no clue what necter soil is.
raise the light make um stretch ,when you notice them stretching for the light,start lowering the light a little at a time to they stop stretching
your plants are showing classic death from no feed and high temps from lights,why would you ever think drying a plant out would be good?
when folks say let the dry,they mean when the plant gets to about 45% moisture ,then feed it mate,just as your own body would do without water ,it dehydrates too,especially under beaming lights,be like you on a tan bed for 12 hours and you hadnt drank nothing in couple days,

Rcubed

Rcubed

Listen to Oldskol, you have a lot of perlite in that soil so it's draining everything out quickly. If you have soil that drains that fast you need to water more not less. Also, if you don't know what's in that soil I would make a mix with some quality compost, some peat moss, earthworm castings, and a little perlite if you want. Transplant those babies in the new soil and they'll probably recover. Or if you want to feed liquid fertz just do what Oldy says.

dire wolf

dire wolf

Listen to Oldskol, you have a lot of perlite in that soil so it's draining everything out quickly. If you have soil that drains that fast you need to water more not less. Also, if you don't know what's in that soil I would make a mix with some quality compost, some peat moss, earthworm castings, and a little perlite if you want. Transplant those babies in the new soil and they'll probably recover. Or if you want to feed liquid fertz just do what Oldy says.
Walking, thru the park just the other day , what do ya think I saw .....Jimmie page , hero

bigslimdawg79

bigslimdawg79

They looking like they need some food ..

how many days were they in the cloner?

Ryboburton

Ryboburton

Little over a week. I’ll try a light feed today see if it helps. Just seems so odd to me because the mother plants never wanted food until they were in flower.

Ryboburton

Ryboburton

Have them a light feed at 250 ml tonight. Came out to 300 ppm but I only mixed one gal of water so was close. Was using eye dropper. Gave them
Power si as well. The mothers loved the shit. The light is all the way dimmed and I raised it to 24 inches. See how they do in a day or two. Temp was 76 and rh at 51 when I took them out to water today

Ryboburton

Ryboburton

Current pic. Guess it’s too early to know in 24 hours but how does someone think thenfeed went. I’ll cut the dead leaves off in a day or two. Don’t want to hurt them too bad

00EE1C86 3B6F 4766 8E70 61CE50375552
F0A8D551 F3FB 4A8F 827F 5215C426EBF1
13E27E81 2C9A 4501 B480 A70F6A76DE39
bigslimdawg79

bigslimdawg79

Looking a bit better
Leave all leaves on till they recover you doing too much chill

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Have them a light feed at 250 ml tonight. Came out to 300 ppm but I only mixed one gal of water so was close. Was using eye dropper. Gave them
Power si as well. The mothers loved the shit. The light is all the way dimmed and I raised it to 24 inches. See how they do in a day or two. Temp was 76 and rh at 51 when I took them out to water today
your using coco right?if so you need to feed daily mate,coco has to have exchange of air and nutes daily

dire wolf

dire wolf

Hey rybo , those clones are in pretty bad shape , I've seen many clones in this condition , I don't think they got messed up in clone stage , I'm sure they came off unhealthy mother and the deficiencies carried on .......
If it was me , I would get some bagged soil blend like fox farm or roots organic and cut it with pro mix / perlite and maybe a pinch of earthworm castings , wait 2 weeks , I guarantee they burst back into health , just a suggestion , I've seen it happen many many times......

dire wolf

dire wolf

Also , you can see by the tiny bit of green stem near the top is getting a healthy color and moving away from the unhealthy purple stem , so you may be on the way to recovery , either way , give it 2 weeks for new leaf to reveal what's going on .....

Ryboburton

Ryboburton

Hey rybo , those clones are in pretty bad shape , I've seen many clones in this condition , I don't think they got messed up in clone stage , I'm sure they came off unhealthy mother and the deficiencies carried on .......
If it was me , I would get some bagged soil blend like fox farm or roots organic and cut it with pro mix / perlite and maybe a pinch of earthworm castings , wait 2 weeks , I guarantee they burst back into health , just a suggestion , I've seen it happen many many times......
I’ll watch for that next time for sure. Here’s what they looked like when they first rooted

CB7B3866 FB96 4BDC 8D1A C3DBC45A7C3C
E14C9081 F113 43D0 9F82 3B6C327CD72E
8487AB9D A99A 4C7D 9312 C26CFAC51435
Ryboburton

Ryboburton

Also , you can see by the tiny bit of green stem near the top is getting a healthy color and moving away from the unhealthy purple stem , so you may be on the way to recovery , either way , give it 2 weeks for new leaf to reveal what's going on .....
Hey and thanks. First time ever cloning so not really sure what I’m doing but I watch a lot on here and try to learn all I can. The dirt my flowering plants are in has perlite in it and the mothers loved it. I have enough for the next round but I’m going to try your method when I cut my next clones. At least half of them. I cut two from each plant last time but only have room for seven so I’m going to try half each way and see what they like best

Ryboburton

Ryboburton

Here’s what they look like today. Some better than others but apparently they liked the food. Makes me wonder what to do once transplanted into one gallon pots. The plants they were cut from got pissed every single time they were fed which was only three in veg. No more than 450 ppm checked with a calibrated blue lap pen. Burned them every single time so may have to back off once they have some fresh dirt but we’ll cross the bridge when we get there. Thanks all for the help. It’s hard to want to feed them when I know it caused problems for the mothers. But they are in small pots and came from a mature plant so not seed so maybe that has something to do with it who knows.

A15E1BBF 8B34 447F B4EF A2411EFE4426
421B8AB2 A0FC 4D95 BC8F 85FA23CDFFB5
3A4987BB CED5 4AB3 8FB2 F377A9FC7950
1C595BA6 EB86 4893 BFDB 1DBD93BBBB1F
4A341A8B 812A 47A7 A993 33DC325CA0C7
3F682B6B CF8D 4AC8 B5F3 CE13EA39F644
A04B9370 1FB3 40CA AED9 355C53D25373
41BD8644 987E 4C9B 8B62 8FC6F7630E3D
6F10CE72 1F48 4505 B665 9CA8B1DC7228
dire wolf

dire wolf

Cool rybo , I will pm you some cloning tips that have worked very well for me , or I'll post here just give me a little time
As far as screw ups and hiccups , I'm a big believer that it all teaches us to be better growers ,
So yea I'd rather see bumps like these so growers know what to do next time......

dire wolf

dire wolf

Here’s what they look like today. Some better than others but apparently they liked the food. Makes me wonder what to do once transplanted into one gallon pots. The plants they were cut from got pissed every single time they were fed which was only three in veg. No more than 450 ppm checked with a calibrated blue lap pen. Burned them every single time so may have to back off once they have some fresh dirt but we’ll cross the bridge when we get there. Thanks all for the help. It’s hard to want to feed them when I know it caused problems for the mothers. But they are in small pots and came from a mature plant so not seed so maybe that has something to do with it who knows.
Looking a lot better , definitely on the right track now , they'll be fine in the next few leaf sets...

Ryboburton

Ryboburton

Oh make no mistake about it lol. I made every mistake in the book lol. Started by overwatering them. Then transplanted too early. Then sprayed with the lights out and fried them. Maybe the reason the mother plants didn’t need food is because of that. They were in one gal
Pots way too early and had so much food to eat from the soil. Anyway thanks for the help

Latest posts

Top Bottom