I need some advice!! Please read this post!!

• Thread starter TMurr
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
dirtyoldman

dirtyoldman

I have 2 plant growing in a RDWC and they seem to grow really slow compared to what I have seen. The seeds are Girl Scout Cookie and the were placed in Rockwool 27 days ago. The seedling were placed in System 15 days ago. I topped them for the first time and defoliated about 3 days ago. Here are the water and Air Conditions:

It was correct to back off the light. I would never put seedlings that small under even under my 400 MH. My seedlings are nurtured under full-spectrum fluorescents until they're considerably larger than that. I have six seedlings right now and two of them have just been topped. The tallest are a little over 6 inches. Plants should not be topped until they reach the fifth node. Topping them too early will stunt them.

Reactions: N4M
TMurr

TMurr

It was correct to back off the light. I would never put seedlings that small under even under my 400 MH. My seedlings are nurtured under full-spectrum fluorescents until they're considerably larger than that. I have six seedlings right now and two of them have just been topped. The tallest are a little over 6 inches. Plants should not be topped until they reach the fifth node. Topping them too early will stunt them.
DOM
After the first topping how long do you wait to top again. A period of time or wait for 5 nodes again

dirtyoldman

dirtyoldman

DOM
After the first topping how long do you wait to top again. A period of time or wait for 5 nodes again
No, you won't wait for 5 more nodes. I will top the new growth as soon as it develops enough to snip. Get that new division started right away.

Top Bottom