I need some cross breeding help

• Thread starter wickedest1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
W

wickedest1

I have created a new strain I like to call Auto Himalaya Big Blue Bang this is a cross of auto Blue Himalaya (not diesel) & auto Big Bang this started as a side project to my blue himalaya grow when I noticed a male from a regular seed next to a feminized seed and crossed pollinated for more blue him seeds I started to collect the pollen pods before they started to drop but still air born pollen was able to make it the my auto big bang

So my seeds are still fresh and drying out I noticed mature seeds popping up from the buds and so I collected them up before they dropped & were losted

so I decided to look into the genetic of these 2 plant to get a better idea of what I was working with

let me just start by saying I used an auto blue himalaya male to pollinate a female auto big bang & this is a first time ever cross of the 2 strains

So to get an idea of what I might expect I researched out all the parent genetics of these strains

auto Blue Himalaya is a cross of blueberry & an auto kush plant landrace from nepal

Auto Big Bang is a cross of Skunk - Northern Lights - El Nino - auto Ruderalis

So to go deeper into the genetic details Northern Lights is a cross of an Afghan - Skunk #1 - Haze

El Nino is a cross of Haze - Super Skunk - and a brazilian land race & South Indian land race

Ok so back to the parents the Blue berry In blue himalaya is a cross of Purple Thai - Afghan

Auto Nepal Kush is a hindu kush strain from nepal & is a true auto flower land race

Skunk aka Skunk #1 is a cross of columbian gold - acapulco gold - Afghan

Original Haze aka haze is a homogenous sativa from Nepal

Super skunk is a cross of skunk #1 - Afghan

The Purple Thai is of unknown genetics

Ok So what do you think? I have all these strains crossed into a seed has this many strains ever been crossed before?

So I expect it to be auto flowering of course as both parent have been crossed with a Ruderalis hybrid The auto big bang isnt really a true auto plant its an easy trigger early flowering plant the Ruderalis isnt as dominant as I would like I expect it to be or to show as mostly Indica dominant for structure & size I hope its about a 75% indica - 25% sativa but maybe more of a 60/40 I expect the auto big bang genetics will be more dominant on the big bang side then the blue himalaya I dont expect this strain to drop in quality & potency at all I hope the buds are more blue him as far as density & potency as they so far seemed to be more dense then the auto big bang but the big bang hasnt finished yet so I cant really say its potency I would like the seed to be more auto flowering them the big bang as the blue him was done at 10 weeks from seed & the auto big bang is at week 12 & isnt even into a mid flower yet it still looks like its in a pre flowering stage

Anyways just let me know what you think & Ill try to start some seeds in the next few weeks & get pictures up asap of the auto big bang

W

wickedest1

where on the list of hybrid would this new seed be in f1 f2 f3 ibl1 ibl2 ect.

would the blue him be an IBL hybrid if its pollinated with a male of the same strain right??

Im not sure how to detail if its a IBL or F1 cause no one ever told me where the seeds started at when i bought them

also i believe this strain maybe somewhat stable as the genetics keep over lapping each other from each strain

W

wickedest1

also someone told me to store my seeds in dry rice for the first week or so to dry them out so they may start germinating sooner

can you do this and what effect would it have on the seeds will it help them dry???

J

JCashman

ok, here goes..

when your two hybrids did their dirty deed and made babies, those babies (seeds) are the f1 generation.

now, if you had a plant pump out male and female parts and those parts met and made babies, those babies would be s1 generation.

what you should consider now is growing out a ton of your f1s, clone them, flower them, and finish them. then go get the clones of the ones with traits you prefer (male and female) for your search and cross them (this would result in the f2 generation, and where your selection becomes most important imo because of all the recessive traits that appear with the f2s)

repeat the process, and hopefully after much time and work your f3s will all be exactly what you are looking for ;)

GoodLuck!
JC

W

wickedest1

ok, here goes..

when your two hybrids did their dirty deed and made babies, those babies (seeds) are the f1 generation.

now, if you had a plant pump out male and female parts and those parts met and made babies, those babies would be s1 generation.

what you should consider now is growing out a ton of your f1s, clone them, flower them, and finish them. then go get the clones of the ones with traits you prefer (male and female) for your search and cross them (this would result in the f2 generation, and where your selection becomes most important imo because of all the recessive traits that appear with the f2s)

repeat the process, and hopefully after much time and work your f3s will all be exactly what you are looking for ;)

GoodLuck!
JC

Sweet!!! sounds like a plan I will try this out as the seeds dry

as for right now as far as I can tell from reading and research in selective pollen breeding is that the genetics will always be dominant to the mother side of the strain and that the selective pollen only offers a part of the genetics And from that the best of the best are selectively breed from there only if the traits are of a quality standard or if the plant show a genetic design that I would prefer in my finished seeds right? so!!

I have 200+ pure auto Blue him seeds & Im looking at 200+ auto blue him auto big bang cross seeds when the plant finishes and I still have at least a gram of blue him pollen stored

The 2 plants that I used the auto big bang And auto blue him were started on the same day but the blue him is finished and the auto big bang is the in a pre flower stage

So from that I would work with the different phenotypes and work with the best 1's male and female right? but I have only 1 problem that might make my little project harder to do is that these are auto flower seeds

So if the new crossed seeds are any thing like the blue him I wont be able to get a clone as plants max out at 10 to 12 inches and start flowering between the 2nd & 3rd week of growth & 6th to 8th week with the big bang and the total life span is only 13 to 15 weeks tops (blue him) this makes clones impossible to be stored and saved

A problem I have is that there are 2 strains of big bang regular and auto flowering the auto big bang seed details say it can be used in a SOG but I believe this is a copy and pasted error of the regular strain as true auto plants cant be stopped from flowering or be taking from a flower stage back in to a veg cycle but the auto big bang is a little large r and is taking longer topping out at 1.5 foot and is still going strong at 15 weeks and is already in a flowering stage

so this mean that I can only selective breed based on pollen right??

so how would I go about breeding out the traits of the strain that I would prefer or would meets a quality standard of a good strain???

as I was saying and as you detailed above because I am working with auto strains I believe that the genetics would be more dominant to the mothers side and the pollen only offers half the genetics and triggers the mother to produce a seed

so by that with these new seed I would have to either use a mother or father plant that I picked out for the best traits & use a pure IBL mother or father to add the genetic half to the genetics I am still looking for right? & that my seeds should show the new phenotypes until thet are inbreed back into an IBL hybrid??

example my new seeds phenotypes will show dominant of the auto big bang mother with new traits of the auto blue him father and the best of these new phenotype traits are then inbred into an IBL based on if it meets a good standard or if show the new traits that I am looking for right??? so my new seeds will have to inbreed a few time until these new phenotype traits are considered stable where only about 1 or 2 of the new desired traits become dominant in the phenotype and this will become the new IBL right? & that can then have new traits added to it by starting this cycle all over again right???

dose this also means I can produce multiple trait variations resulting in a totally different Phenotypes of the same genetics that can then be inbred into an IBL of the same genetics but be a new strain in its self??? like Blue Him#1 Blue Him#2 Blue Him#3 ect???

so like with the auto Blue Him Diesel a auto blue him father pollinated a new auto sour diesel the resulting seeds showing the desired traits were then inbred with its self resulting in a IBL of auto blue him diesel and that a male and female will always be blue him diesel??

Sorry for the long post I have been reading up on this because I'm planning to add more to this strain but was looking for the best way to produce quality results with out down breeding the strains quality & potency I would like to breed her with a cross of non auto flowering strains but the auto flowering is a trait I dont want to breed out but with all the strains over lapping from breeding I have a better Idea of what strains to work with & add to the process so that I am not down breeding a new strain

Top Bottom