I need some help with this one

• Thread starter ChaoticNeal
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ChaoticNeal

ChaoticNeal

Ok so I’ve had an auto cheese growing in some organic soil an it looks healthy as can be other than it’s growing very slow it started to flower yesterday an it might be 7” tall I thought it was her pot maybe being to small but it’s not I still ended up repoting to the 8G you see in the picture it was in a red solo cup. the roots barely come to the edge of the container it’s got like hardly no roots but the ones it does has is white as snow idk what’s going on

Am I doing something that’s causing the roots to not develop or what.
image.jpg

Last edited:
Moe.Red

Moe.Red

I don't see a plant in flower. Is that the right pic?

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Well thats a good sign that it is female, but that plant is not flowering yet. Slow grower. Things like more / better light, higher temps, higher CO2, things like that might make it grow faster.

Have you grown cannabis under these lights before? Look like maybe blurple Led?

ChaoticNeal

ChaoticNeal

Well thats a good sign that it is female, but that plant is not flowering yet. Slow grower. Things like more / better light, higher temps, higher CO2, things like that might make it grow faster.

Have you grown cannabis under these lights before? Look like maybe blurple Led?
I’ve used them before growin photoperiods but that’s good to know man other people have been telling me once you see the white hair on an auto they just bud from there on out an it had me a little worried, I was thinking it might grow another few inches at best from stretching.

ChaoticNeal

ChaoticNeal

I’ve used them before growin photoperiods but that’s good to know man other people have been telling me once you see the white hair on an auto they just bud from there on out an it had me a little worried, I was thinking it might grow another few inches at best from stretching.
If it was needing more light though wouldn’t that cause stretching or at least a lanky plant.

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
how old is that plant? can you get a better (not purple) picture? what kind and wattage is your light?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

That plant won't flower... its not mature yet.

How old is it? The answer will give a good indication if there is a problem or not

8 gal pot is way to big for it and will make watering challenging imo.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

To explain further you are seeing what's called bracts... they are not pistils nor an indication of sex.

ChaoticNeal

ChaoticNeal

It’s about 3 weeks old & the led light is a 1500w but it only pulls about 250w from the wall, I’ll put a better pic up here in a bit & the 8 gallon pot is full of super soil that’s been curing for a year. it’s the revs TLO mix, I made it last year around March & i was gonna use it as a no till pot for autos starting this year lol I hope it’s not to big I thought that would help.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

It’s about 3 weeks old & the led light is a 1500w but it only pulls about 250w from the wall, I’ll put a better pic up here in a bit & the 8 gallon pot is full of super soil that’s been curing for a year. it’s the revs TLO mix, I made it last year around March & i was gonna use it as a no till pot for autos starting this year lol I hope it’s not to big I thought that would help.
Yeah there is nothing wrong with your plant... another week or 2 and you should start to see some preflowers... but not always.

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
If it’s an auto, which it must be if your giving it more than 16hrs of light. it can show pistol formation by the 24 day plus mark.
it will keep stretching.

ChaoticNeal

ChaoticNeal

Thanks guys, yeah it’s an auto.

I do have to ask would going light on phosphorus cause a plant to grow slow an have little root development, it was in a solo cup before an when I repotted to the 8G I didn’t see many roots at all but the ones I did see were white.

I only mixed in Alf-Alfa with some peat & perlite for the starting medium & watered with seaweed an molasses from time to time, I also started the seeds with blue planet root magic.

Last edited:
Sparky1980

Sparky1980

Looks healthy and happy. Just take care with the watering and she'll be just fine.

Top Bottom