I need some wisdom please

• Thread starter Dopey28
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dopey28

Dopey28

Little info I live in southern Ontario legal plant limit here is 4. Cold winters warm summers.
So I have an out building that’s insulated but not cooled or heated. I was gathering the necessities to start a grow.

I have a 10x13 room. Plan was to climate control the room and set up and 8x4 tent inside the room (to better control plant environment). Run 3 air cooled 600 watt hid. Scrog our 4 plants in the 4x8.... have the lights the tent pretty much everything but fans.

Then a uc4xl fell for the heavens and landed in my lap complete with chiller!

The advice I’m looking for is space. (Plan is to remote the epicentre outside grow space)
I’m not good in the 4x8 anymore right?grow area is more like 5x6?
Should I be looking for like a 6x6 or 8x8 tent? Or scrap the tent entirely?
Any input advice would be greatly appreciated!

dire wolf

dire wolf

Little info I live in southern Ontario legal plant limit here is 4. Cold winters warm summers.
So I have an out building that’s insulated but not cooled or heated. I was gathering the necessities to start a grow.

I have a 10x13 room. Plan was to climate control the room and set up and 8x4 tent inside the room (to better control plant environment). Run 3 air cooled 600 watt hid. Scrog our 4 plants in the 4x8.... have the lights the tent pretty much everything but fans.

The advice I’m looking for is space. (Plan is to remote the epicentre outside grow space)

Hey Dopey , the tent is always a good idea to better control light leaks etc , but my question is , can you utilize the room by insulating and warming / cooling the shed ? Might be the best option if you are going to run 3 600's, is odor control an issue ?
I would just set up the shed if you have that luxury

Dopey28

Dopey28

Hey Dopey , the tent is always a good idea to better control light leaks etc , but my question is , can you utilize the room by insulating and warming / cooling the shed ? Might be the best option if you are going to run 3 600's, is odor control an issue ?
I would just set up the shed if you have that luxury

That was kind of the idea with the tent. The out building is actually a 4 season trailer. There is a forced air heater already in there (although electric). I was just going to use the back bedroom as it’s already a 10x13 space (plenty of room for my legal limit). heat and cool that smaller area when our climate requires instead of trying to het the whole thing. Then have the tent in that room just to control light, air temps, humidity etc a bit easier (and also stop me from having to do major modifications on the room itself)

The 3 600watts were for the 8x4 tent I already have. I’m fine with passing them along and grabbing new lighting. Odor control is not an issue. I’m 100% legal and live rurally anyway.
I guess my real question is
Is a tent still realistic with a uc4xl? And what size should I be shooting for?

Mospeada

Mospeada

You'll easily be able to run the uc4xl in a 4 x 8 space. If anything I'd modify the system to take up the whole tent. Unless I read this wrong and you're going 2 x uc4xl. Which would still be enough space but you'd have to manage your plants a lot more during the grow.

I agree with Dire though. People only grow in tents cause they kinda have to. Do the tent thing to get your bearings but I'd work towards using the whole room as a sealed environment instead. Honestly I think managing that space would be a lot easier than tent space management.

I'm currently growing in a 4 x 8 and I hate it...I'm in the process of converting the room it's in into a proper grow space.

Dopey28

Dopey28

You'll easily be able to run the uc4xl in a 4 x 8 space. If anything I'd modify the system to take up the whole tent. Unless I read this wrong and you're going 2 x uc4xl. Which would still be enough space but you'd have to manage your plants a lot more during the grow.

I agree with Dire though. People only grow in tents cause they kinda have to. Do the tent thing to get your bearings but I'd work towards using the whole room as a sealed environment instead. Honestly I think managing that space would be a lot easier than tent space management.

I'm currently growing in a 4 x 8 and I hate it...I'm in the process of converting the room it's in into a proper grow space.

Thanks for the advice. I seen the 5’5” canopy in the cad drawings and freaked a bit that I was too narrow. Can’t wait to try this puppy out.

Mospeada

Mospeada

Thanks for the advice. I seen the 5’5” canopy in the cad drawings and freaked a bit that I was too narrow. Can’t wait to try this puppy out.
There are heaps and heaps of ways to manage height in a tent...Although I say I hate it now the learning process was still a blast so yeah I'm sure you'll be fine. It's still good knowledge to have and I wish you the best of luck on the coming grows :)

Top Bottom