I need some wisdom to help cool my grow room!

• Thread starter TheForechecker
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
TheForechecker

TheForechecker

The deets…

This is a 6x10x7ft tall insulated (used to be cold storage room) room. it’s in my basement and I can keep basement temps any temp I want (I keep it at 68 to 71f for the propagation area).

I have a 6" ac infinity exhaust (short 2 ft run), and have a 4" ac infinity being used as an intake for troubleshooting purposes.

I have a tower fan, 16" and two 8" blizzards.

The RH here is about 38%, and i use a humidifier to bump it to 45 or 50%.

I have a 650 watt and 550w bar light (and keep drivers outside the room.

The daytime temps stay between 82 and 86f, so id like to get these temps down in this flowering room a few degrees to about 70-77f. I run my 6" out fan on 5 or 10 and the temp stays the same. if I open the door halfway, it drops to 77f, which id be happy with.

I don’t want to install AC for multiple reasons....mostly because its -20f outside, power...and everything I read, I should NOT be having heat issues.

I have a 6" ac infinity duct fan on order but I worry if the 4" ac infinity isn’t doing it the 6" won’t either? any ideas? I have an 8"x15" passive air intake that I used, but the room still went to 85f. Now I put the 4" intake fan in it, but that seems to make no difference.

The exhaust is on the top at NE side of the room, it dumps into the furnace room. The air intake is pulled from the west wall on the bottom. The intake air is coming from what used to be a freezer room without any heater ducts, but my grow tent (5x5) in there keep it’s at the ambient basement temp, which I keep around 68 or 70f. So its pulling in air from the freezer room.

What kind of cannabis grows well at 85f during the day and 68f at night during flower!? lol

Thanks in advance. I feel like I'm missing something obvious.

I need some wisdom to help cool my grow room
I need some wisdom to help cool my grow room 2
I need some wisdom to help cool my grow room 3
I need some wisdom to help cool my grow room 4
TripsRabbit

TripsRabbit

Hook the 4" fan to a duct and run it to a window or outside wall hole. Get a thermostat controlled outlet and plug 4" fan into it. Use the 4"fan to cool the lung room where your other rooms draw their air from.

Reactions: PK1
TheForechecker

TheForechecker

Hook the 4" fan to a duct and run it to a window or outside wall hole. Get a thermostat controlled outlet and plug 4" fan into it. Use the 4"fan to cool the lung room where your other rooms draw their air from.
Oh man, I'm liking this.

The 4" AC infinity belongs in another tent, but with a thermostat controlled outlet, I can go directly into my garage right through the wall (which I can keep at any temp) and gets fresh air anyone enters or leaves the house. Plus its cold air (60f, not -20f which would be harder for me to manage during our cold af winters). I could probably get away with a 4" duct booster I think since the room won't need boatloads of cool air. Also, I have a thermostat-controlled outlet, I bought for a heater that wasn't required.

Thanks, I appreciate it, I'm definitely going to pursue this, it'll give me a lot of flexibility.

PK1

PK1

Supporter
have more air circulation. The little fan above the light sure makes the plants branches move but it's not circulating the air in the confined space. In your case a wooden room. Wood absorbs more heat for a longer period of time. Since outside air is cold, I would bring some outside air inside. This gives you fresh air VS a air from another room.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Oh man, I'm liking this.

The 4" AC infinity belongs in another tent, but with a thermostat controlled outlet, I can go directly into my garage right through the wall (which I can keep at any temp) and gets fresh air anyone enters or leaves the house. Plus its cold air (60f, not -20f which would be harder for me to manage during our cold af winters). I could probably get away with a 4" duct booster I think since the room won't need boatloads of cool air. Also, I have a thermostat-controlled outlet, I bought for a heater that wasn't required.

Thanks, I appreciate it, I'm definitely going to pursue this, it'll give me a lot of flexibility.
I bought a high/low temp controller which allowed me to dial in my grow tent by controlling my fans and heater (in my case) with high low settings. It worked like a charm. It might be of use in your situation.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01KEYDNKK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

TheForechecker

TheForechecker

I think ill just put a 4" fan with filter, filtering air from garage into my basement lung room. I can adjust my garage temp accordingly.

I knew I was missing something obvious. ✌

Top Bottom