I need someone to tell me if im doing okay

• Thread starter Himiashi
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Himiashi

Himiashi

I'll post pics here and there as updates but I just wanna make sure I'm doing this somewhat right for the setup I have , never done this before so no real idea what I'm doing. Iv read alot and took a metric fuckton of notes but the practical side is hard af

I need someone to tell me if im doing okay
I need someone to tell me if im doing okay 2
OdlaFett

OdlaFett

Looking good so far, soil looking realy wet might want to chill with watering until its completly dry again. You have a bit too much of stretch on her, but you can fix that with lowering the lights a bit, also later when repoting you can bury 80% of the stem and within a couple of days/weeks the stem will start producing roots.

London bud

London bud

Agree with @OdlaFett .maybe if you can get a bag of perlite, mix some with your soil when you repot. Definitely bring your light down a bit closer, take it slowly, bring it closer a little each day til u find the sweet spot. Looking good so far though your on the right track

Himiashi

Himiashi

So I should wait until the dirt is legit dry? I just been lifting it and when there's a definite weight difference I'll water. And how do I know when I have the right spot for my light ? Also when do I know I need to repot, when I can see roots at the top or bottom of the pot itself ? Also sorry for being a nub . But I always wanted to do this just never had the money or ability to until recently so I actually wanna know what I'm doing but thank you for the help.

Himiashi

Himiashi

Also currently my setup is super ghetto until I move after december but this is what it looks like, I just keep using things to lift and keep the plant itself up, also is the stem being so small due to the light being to far ? P.S. is the last pic to close ?

OdlaFett

OdlaFett

Like Londonbud said you need to lower it a bit at the time each day. That defnitly looks like too close, and you risking burning her beyond repair, but i cant know, you need to get a thermometer and measure the temps at the canopy.

Himiashi

Himiashi

Like Londonbud said you need to lower it a bit at the time each day. That defnitly looks like too close, and you risking burning her beyond repair, but i cant know, you need to get a thermometer and measure the temps at the canopy.
Okay I dropped it some but what should the temp be around also i know humidify has alot to do with it also

OdlaFett

OdlaFett

about 25C is good. RH around 60ish but at this stage even higher RH wont hurt. But you risk of shocking her with light since shes not used to it thats why he told you to only drop the lights a inch or so per day

Himiashi

Himiashi

about 25C is good. RH around 60ish but at this stage even higher RH wont hurt. But you risk of shocking her with light since shes not used to it thats why he told you to only drop the lights a inch or so per day
Issue is atm I have no way of doing that small of a change. The light is hanging on a hook you put over your door lol. I know it's less than ideal but I'm trying to manage till I move after december and get a real tent

OdlaFett

OdlaFett

I dont buy that excuse, if you cant higher your light then you can lower tha plant ;) Also nice balancing skills, one sneeze and shes a goner :P

Himiashi

Himiashi

I dont buy that excuse, if you cant higher your light then you can lower tha plant ;) Also nice balancing skills, one sneeze and shes a goner :P
Lol it's on a flat candle . And I could put it just on the table , either way I'm gonna have to get a chain or something to adjust it and a thermometer

Leelandgrow3

Leelandgrow3

A moving strap is what I use not the ratchet ones but the ones with little push down tab and have the teeth on them there cheap at Walmart I wouldn't like to see my plant fall

Himiashi

Himiashi

A moving strap is what I use not the ratchet ones but the ones with little push down tab and have the teeth on them there cheap at Walmart I wouldn't like to see my plant fall
No you're right, that's a good idea. Any way you could post a pic so I know what I'm looking for ?

Himiashi

Himiashi

So now I'm at the point that I'm getting worried about transplanting, when should / how I know when it's a good time to do that

20191223 180641
Top Bottom