i need to cut the the big leafs?

• Thread starter ixelium
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
I

ixelium

i need to cut something? or everything is ok?
this is automatic seed

I need to cut the the big leafs
I need to cut the the big leafs 2
Gmix

Gmix

No you don’t need to cut anything.

The big leafs as you call them are fan leafs they store nutrients no need to cut them off the plant will benefit from you leaving them alone.

Taking fan leafs off is mainly for bushy indicas imo over the years the resons for doing it or not got lost in a cloud of bro Science.

Autos do well left alone allbeit there a toping fans that do top autos & do well it’s a marmite situation tbh if you kwim also some strains will be more tolerant to it than others

If you was to remove fan leafs unless your dealing with a photoperiod were you have more time to let a plant recover and are super cropping then you only really would do it when the plants in flower after it’s stopped stretching roughly week three and only take 10% of at a time honestly I would just leave it alone.

The topping part will as said some love it some don’t it’s down to you tbh what you prefer 😋

Looks good btw 👍

I

ixelium

I would cut off the bottom fan leaves if they are touching the soil.

Are the plants in their final pots?
yes they are in the final pots.
but they have a 4 6 cm from the soil
so when they touched the ground to cut them?

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
yes they are in the final pots.
but they have a 4 6 cm from the soil
so when they touched the ground to cut them?
If the very lowest leaves, from the first leaf set, are touching the soil, you can cut just those. Your plants are still young, and they're autos. For the most part yes, you should leave them alone. Maybe a little more in a couple of weeks....

Last edited:
Gmix

Gmix

I would agree that a bit of lollypoping ( taking the lower leaves off ) won’t hurt

Top Bottom