I need to find out how to open a dispensary

• Thread starter ODankGro
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
ODankGro

ODankGro

Ok I just want to let you know I am very serious and have financial backing. I have two partners that are looking to re-locate to Colorado, both men are Lawyers and one has a Liquor license. They have very large budgets so money isn't really a issue. I am just the grower, I also manage a Hydro-shop. I will be running the dispensary. The issues we are having is, it's hard to find any info on how to do it legally that seems legit. Bunch of gimmick BS.

I can not open the dispensary because I have a criminal history, however no felonies but tons of drug charges. Literally I don't know why they haven't got me with that 3 strikes BS yet.

But the other to guys have crispy clean records.

So this is what we are planning. Harvest 4 runs here, with the profit move ME to Colorado, THEY stay here. The guy with the liquor license gets a house and a ID in Colorado I live in the house for the first year stock up on the meds while we wait till the 1 year rule is up.

Can anybody lead me the right way? I need to know exactly how to do this.

ODankGro

ODankGro

So one of my partners found a dispensary lawyer he cost 300 a hour, little insane but my partner dropped the money we discussing the legal issues on Wednesday

Skoosh

Skoosh

Hi ODank, there's quite a bit of information here in the Colorado section of the farm.
I highly doubt it's the information you're gonna wanna hear/read.

$300/hr might wind up being cheap to tell you what already posted here.

Competition is pretty fierce here, and some pockets (seem to be) extremely deep & getting deeper by the day.
(I'm not bullshitting, I'm 52 and a former trading pit broker in the financial industry. I've been a grower since 1983, with a decade of pretty serious outdoor experience in Nor Cal.)

You're precluded from the industry here for a ton of reasons. check the CDPHE. (Your lawyer will have a paralegal send you copies if you don't want to search them out yourself.)

One school of thought is to stay where you are and work to change the laws there.
I've seen some talk about expunging previous drug convictions (assuming it was THC) here, which makes a lot of sense from the stand point of not precluding the deepest knowledge base in the industry from obtaining licensure and participating in more key roles.

Good luck in your endeavor.

Sk
;-)_~~

ODankGro

ODankGro

Well said... thank you

Hi ODank, there's quite a bit of information here in the Colorado section of the farm.
I highly doubt it's the information you're gonna wanna hear/read.

$300/hr might wind up being cheap to tell you what already posted here.

Competition is pretty fierce here, and some pockets (seem to be) extremely deep & getting deeper by the day.
(I'm not bullshitting, I'm 52 and a former trading pit broker in the financial industry. I've been a grower since 1983, with a decade of pretty serious outdoor experience in Nor Cal.)

You're precluded from the industry here for a ton of reasons. check the CDPHE. (Your lawyer will have a paralegal send you copies if you don't want to search them out yourself.)

One school of thought is to stay where you are and work to change the laws there.
I've seen some talk about expunging previous drug convictions (assuming it was THC) here, which makes a lot of sense from the stand point of not precluding the deepest knowledge base in the industry from obtaining licensure and participating in more key roles.

Good luck in your endeavor.

Sk
;-)_~~

Skoosh

Skoosh

You're most welcome, and I'm not trying to harsh your mellow, but there's a shit ton of people in the biz here in Colorado posting regularly here who (I think) would do just that. (harsh your mellow)

I'm definitely not trying to make you sad, more like save you some $ by illustrating there's a couple threads on this specific subject that would save you the $300/hr*.

What I AM trying to point out to you is there's plenty of people here in Colorado who know how to grow weed for real, (not saying you don't know how to grow, but here's the thing they have that you don't) no prior paper on their ass, 2 year residency, and legit money behind them already, and most importantly deep botanical knowledge in this specific climate. (High Arid Desert) under the demands of a production schedule, with MANIFESTED plants. (that means plants that had a home from the minute they rooted.)

So, I guess I'm trying to say it's pretty saturated here with people who are already where you hope to be.
I would definitely caution against trying any kind of 'I'm going to grow $100 bills here in Colorado' kind of mindset at this point.
I'm also not trying to tell you it can't be done.
Plenty of information here on your specific situation if you search it out.
Peace

(* I would think an initial consultation would be free.)
Hell, I'll do the exact same work your lawyer will for half the $300. lol
(kidding, but not by much.)

merko

merko

You're most welcome, and I'm not trying to harsh your mellow, but there's a shit ton of people in the biz here in Colorado posting regularly here who (I think) would do just that. (harsh your mellow)

I'm definitely not trying to make you sad, more like save you some $ by illustrating there's a couple threads on this specific subject that would save you the $300/hr*.

What I AM trying to point out to you is there's plenty of people here in Colorado who know how to grow weed for real, (not saying you don't know how to grow, but here's the thing they have that you don't) no prior paper on their ass, 2 year residency, and legit money behind them already, and most importantly deep botanical knowledge in this specific climate. (High Arid Desert) under the demands of a production schedule, with MANIFESTED plants. (that means plants that had a home from the minute they rooted.)

So, I guess I'm trying to say it's pretty saturated here with people who are already where you hope to be.
I would definitely caution against trying any kind of 'I'm going to grow $100 bills here in Colorado' kind of mindset at this point.
I'm also not trying to tell you it can't be done.
Plenty of information here on your specific situation if you search it out.
Peace

(* I would think an initial consultation would be free.)
Hell, I'll do the exact same work your lawyer will for half the $300. lol
(kidding, but not by much.)
"I live out there, so don't go there".. -#Biggiesmalz..(weed sucks in CO)...
Step your game up!!!...

We Solidarity

We Solidarity

I'm sorry my friend, but where were you 5 years ago?!

I admire the passion but this
is what's up.

You can't start a dispensary in this state without prior residency and your dispensary must be vertically integrated...meaning you're responsible for tracking all flower you sell from seed to sale. So starting up in a house to build stock will definitely not work...and for the amount of money it would take your partners to start a successful dispensary out here (no less than 2 million, and it would be a struggle with that little) some serious lobbying and campaigning can happen for legalization in your state. It might take a little longer but I guarantee you it will be easier with way less heart-stopping stress and anxiety

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Hit me up, I can at least get you the info your looking for, I am knee deep i it all out here...and as long as you don't have any felonies your good to go, just a little trickier if they are for intent to distribute but even then there are ways to make it happen, trust me...2 year residency is going to be y'alls biggest hurdle..no growing anywhere to stock up for a dispensary, thats just not how it works out here, gotta have your state license first before you can even start to grow for your store....I know who you are and you or your partners should fly out and we can talk or even over the phone but in person works way better...a brother of my brother from another mother is always welcome

ODankGro

ODankGro

Well the lawyer was pretty much useless like yall said.. He couldn't give us a direct answer about really anything. A whole bunch of "uh, I'm not sure about that". But my two partners are ex lawyers themselves so its kinda in their blood to seek legal advice. I don't know what else to say but, I do know what I am doing, where I am doing it is highly illegal. Probably the worst state for growing to my knowledge. By no means do I think I am the best, but I do run a hydro shop. I eat, breath and shit growing, it is my whole life.

Their budgets are not huge, but surely larger then your typical idiot trying to jump into the game out there.

And we are not trying to be rich in a year of course. I understand it takes a lot of time, that is with any business.

Yes, Texas Kid I think we might actually come out there to you. If I am going to listen to anyone, it's going to be you. You were sitting in my shoes about 7 years ago, you've made it out there. It might be a little late now, I understand.

But as a legal resident I am allowed to grow 6 plants indoors or outdoors for each person living in house right? It would be and one other person I can do a lot with 12 plants in a green house with 10k of H.I.D's.

I mean is that really the way it is?

muir

muir

I have a non-douche' attorney that has been working mmj since Holder's announcements. Message me if you'd like a referral

draco

draco

i say follow your dream. we are at the tip of the spear of legalization, and the opportunities are endless.

yeah it WILL be a pain in the ass, and yeah there's a gaggle of people trying. the heard will thin out and the ones left standing will be kings of the industry - nationwide.

get you a brand, market like hell, and when other states legalize, they will be looking to us in CO for products and services.

come to colorado and give it a go. you'll either go broke or make a fortune.

pm me if you wish...

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Way different now than it was 8 years ago when you could walk into any store in the state and sell your gear by the duffle bag full. as much as you could round up at $4800-$5200 a pound..oh the good ol days, 10 pound days and take the rest of the week off..the problem today with growing your count and trying to make decent money at is that there are 10 other people on your block alone doing the same thing or at least with the same idea. 75% of the people in this state have 10-12k burning in their basement right now, hell maybe more than that..Craigslist hustlers are so saturated right now it would make you head spin..the other side of that is long time residence doing it and they have their network of friends and family to sell to or hustle for them and just like anywhere those circles are pretty tight. Real tricky to do greenhouses in an urban or residential environment, hard to comply legally first off and the chance of getting jacked or having a neighbor call the cops on you is about 100%. You kind of have to decide if your going to be a street hustler or get in the actual industry, can't really do both, you pretty much have to choose a horse, but if you choose to get in the industry you will need about $500k right out of the chute and better be able to get your hands on another $500k with no problems or delays...buildout, acquisition, and licensing is an expensive time consuming process and there are no guarantees that they will even let you in the club after you spend all the money and time. On top of that your competing with the rest of us already in the game that have a real good idea of how the system works and how to make it work for us and against the new kids on the block coming in now. People coming in now are dropping $2.5-$3.5 million buck on small medical dispensary stores with a small grow/OPC, under 10,000sq.ft. attached like it was candy, and if it is suitable for recreational sales even more. People with that kind of funding are lined up, we could tour 5 a day, every day, through our facilities if we were interested in selling anything..the money flooding into the market is staggering right now. $1-$2 million dollar grow facility build outs is the norm and I'm seeing some $7-$10 million dollar projects more and more now..Up where Muir is at I know a group that paid double the asking price for a dispensary just to keep it from turning into a bidding war..that's the kind of silliness going on out here now. Imagine asking $1.5 million dollars for your business and the first person gives you $3 million just to secure the deal with no competition..thats the gold rush in action..

muir

muir

yup. 7 figures for a shitty mmc that converted to rec and hadn't even sold a bag. This is in a town of 1400. Their return on investment is a long time down the road.

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
And if the Feds step in wow. New president or whatever....could be just waiting....

draco

draco

And if the Feds step in wow. New president or whatever....could be just waiting....

yeah, it could happen. but after all these years of repression most of us know what to do if it does. i know the prices would go up and that part would be ok with me...

homebrew420

homebrew420

This is all good and accurate info @ODankGro
Unfortunate by true. I wish you the best of luck. Many states are watching us closely. It is only a matter of time before other states are there with us.

Peace

ODankGro

ODankGro

Ok this is the deal, I am flying up there on the 26th and applying for my badge and getting a P.O box and I have a house lined up for August in North Denver with a large basement, so we are going to check out the house meet up with Texas Kid and talk about business... I should note that I'm not worried about opening a dispensary. I just want to grow a ton plants and buy a closed-loop extractor and make nothing but oil.. No flowers sold, just concentrates. I don't even care if they stay in the state which they probably won't. It's the whole growing in a non-med state is what I am trying to get away from..

Garden of Dreams

Garden of Dreams

Breeder
Ok this is the deal, I am flying up there on the 26th and applying for my badge and getting a P.O box and I have a house lined up for August in North Denver with a large basement, so we are going to check out the house meet up with Texas Kid and talk about business... I should note that I'm not worried about opening a dispensary. I just want to grow a ton plants and buy a closed-loop extractor and make nothing but oil.. No flowers sold, just concentrates. I don't even care if they stay in the state which they probably won't. It's the whole growing in a non-med state is what I am trying to get away from..

So you wanna go where its legal to be illegal? Grow a ton of plants and then run a extractor and then ship it out of state? Sounds Awesome! That outta help this industry a bunch! You and the Silicon valley millionaires with the spread sheets could take over the entire industry!!! Props and Good Luck to you!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom