I need to regain control

• Thread starter Howstar
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Howstar

Howstar

My tent is full, which is a good thing. I have 10 super sour diesels in a 4x4 tent. As you can see they have stretched out of control. I think it was due to my 7 week veg. So at any rate i'm left trying to make it work. I have read different things regarding trimming of water leaves. Some say do it. Some say don't. I really think that these ladies would benefit from a little thinning. It has been 7 weeks since I turned them to 12/12. They still have a long way to go. And they are under a 400 watt light, so they need all the lumens they can get.

DSC_0116.JPG

S

Seed Buyer

I dont see any signs of flowers especially for a plant already 7 weeks into bloom. Is this your first grow? I would take cuttings and start over.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
7 weeks in to flower? a sour diesel goes about 10...

there should be more flower on those I agree.

sealed138

sealed138

First Starfighter
Supporter
Looks like week 2 in there bro.
I might think about taking cuts like said earlier

Howstar

Howstar

Looks like week 2 in there bro.
I might think about taking cuts like said earlier

I wouldn't take cuts from these at all. I don't know whats up with them. They have been a problem ever since i tried to get them to flower.

This was them two weeks into 12/12.
DSC_00892.JPG
DSC_00861.JPG

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
Are they from seed? Regular or fem seeds? Or are they clones from the same mom?

S

Sasha

I got clones from craigslist. So the possibilities are endless. But these girls are riding the slow boat that's for sure.

not knocking you just curious...why would you get clones off craigslist in cali when you can walk right into a clone shop?

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
Did they stop stretching?

I would ride it out and supercrop them as they needed it. If they are all the same cut then just take a few out and supercrop the rest into a even canopy at the distance away from the light that you want them to be.

Take charge of those girls. Firm but gentle bending over. Pinch the stem and crush it some so it bends over and does not snap. get rid of everything under the canopy you make at the bends.

phenotyper

phenotyper

You have any light leaks? As others said, even for SD, that does not look like week 7. Looks maybe like week 2-3, depending on how much she stretches. I would bend them over, clear out plants that are obviously taking up too much space, and get rid of the entire lower canopy. At that rate, your plants are just going to produce almost all popcorn, larf buds, and you'll be a sorry sorry ganja smoker. Better to cull a few plants, make a fewm prime colas and baby those than to continue with the plant numbers and crowding you have right now.

Cort

Cort

I agree with the others... somethings up.

Check your timer, check for other light leaks,

You can do as Pheno and others have suggested and try to fix this run, but Id buy a few good clones and start working on them just in case. I run a 4x4 and 6 good plants will fill it up. Extra veg time (while you try to save these) you could easily do it with 4.

Im just a noob tho.

Howstar

Howstar

Did they stop stretching?

I would ride it out and supercrop them as they needed it. If they are all the same cut then just take a few out and supercrop the rest into a even canopy at the distance away from the light that you want them to be.

Take charge of those girls. Firm but gentle bending over. Pinch the stem and crush it some so it bends over and does not snap. get rid of everything under the canopy you make at the bends.

I think so. I thought they were done at week 3. So i moved the light up. But they have stretched up to it. I keep pushing the trellis down but they always get pushed back up. I will supercrop them. But still remains the fan leaves. Should i remove some of the fan leaves? Thanks

phenotyper

phenotyper

As we have said, yes, remove the fan leaves, remove the bud sites, strip those ladies down so that light is not blocking prime bude sites. You don't have to do it all at once, do the pruning over the next few days as to not shock the plant when removing fan leaves and lower canopy. After pruning, foliar seaweed, which includes thiamine and other awesomeness to reduce stress. Check for light leaks. For prime colas, only remove fan leaves that support independent branches if they block bud sites. They are sugar factories, if you remove them from the wrong places, the nutrient reserves will be destroyed and the plant will be stressed. Tuck leaves under even. But honestly, I would clear out 2/3 of the canopy and just throw it in the trash. Per canopy, you can only produce so much bud under HID lighting. If you leave it the way it is, the plant will distribute the nutrients to all of the larf instead of the dank you're looking for.

Howstar

Howstar

You have any light leaks? As others said, even for SD, that does not look like week 7. Looks maybe like week 2-3, depending on how much she stretches. I would bend them over, clear out plants that are obviously taking up too much space, and get rid of the entire lower canopy. At that rate, your plants are just going to produce almost all popcorn, larf buds, and you'll be a sorry sorry ganja smoker. Better to cull a few plants, make a fewm prime colas and baby those than to continue with the plant numbers and crowding you have right now.

I agree with the others... somethings up.

Check your timer, check for other light leaks,

You can do as Pheno and others have suggested and try to fix this run, but Id buy a few good clones and start working on them just in case. I run a 4x4 and 6 good plants will fill it up. Extra veg time (while you try to save these) you could easily do it with 4.

Im just a noob tho.

Thanks guys. I will have to start with something else.

Howstar

Howstar

As we have said, yes, remove the fan leaves, remove the bud sites, strip those ladies down so that light is not blocking prime bude sites. You don't have to do it all at once, do the pruning over the next few days as to not shock the plant when removing fan leaves and lower canopy. After pruning, foliar seaweed, which includes thiamine and other awesomeness to reduce stress. Check for light leaks. For prime colas, only remove fan leaves that support independent branches if they block bud sites. They are sugar factories, if you remove them from the wrong places, the nutrient reserves will be destroyed and the plant will be stressed. Tuck leaves under even. But honestly, I would clear out 2/3 of the canopy and just throw it in the trash. Per canopy, you can only produce so much bud under HID lighting. If you leave it the way it is, the plant will distribute the nutrients to all of the larf instead of the dank you're looking for.

Thanks alot! I had a good feeling I wasn't going to get the dank i was looking for the other way. It looks very larfy, as is. I appreciate your time.

S

Sasha

looking at the pics i can see all your vents are wide open. they should all be shut because light will come in. if you need it open for venting run a duct through it and close it around the duct like you did for the light. as far as i can tell they are all wide open

Howstar

Howstar

looking at the pics i can see all your vents are wide open. they should all be shut because light will come in. if you need it open for venting run a duct through it and close it around the duct like you did for the light. as far as i can tell they are all wide open

They have flaps on the the outside of the tent with velcro to seal them. But I will close them for good measure. Make them pucker like an asshole in a puckering contest. thanks

Cort

Cort

To check for light leaks in my tent i turn on all the lights i can OUTSIDE the tent while I get sealed inside like you would your plants. After 10 mins or so your eyes will pick up the slightest pin point of light.

Latest posts

Top Bottom