I overwatered my plants on Rockwool

• Thread starter Garderner88
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Garderner88

Garderner88

What’s up guys I’m new here and not too sure if i put it in the right category sorry

so i have my plants growing in a hydro system which includes a groblock on top of a unislab with a drip system.. i keep reading about how it’s impossible to over water Rockwool but it just doesn’t seem to get better i let them sit for a day and a half with no water and today i watered them for about 5 mins with run off and before the watering they were picking up a bit but now after i watered cause i felt they were a little dry they are all droopy again and tacoing up on new growth i have 2 pictures of two different trees i empty the resivoir and only added my nutes with nothing extra have my ph about 6.0 and my ppm is about 1000 what could it be should i not water them till they are dry like almost completely ? Just worried it might kill them please help me out want to get these on the right path and keep growing !

I overwatered my plants on rockwool
I overwatered my plants on rockwool 2

FourthCity

FourthCity

What’s up guys I’m new here and not too sure if i put it in the right category sorry

so i have my plants growing in a hydro system which includes a groblock on top of a unislab with a drip system.. i keep reading about how it’s impossible to over water Rockwool but it just doesn’t seem to get better i let them sit for a day and a half with no water and today i watered them for about 5 mins with run off and before the watering they were picking up a bit but now after i watered cause i felt they were a little dry they are all droopy again and tacoing up on new growth i have 2 pictures of two different trees i empty the resivoir and only added my nutes with nothing extra have my ph about 6.0 and my ppm is about 1000 what could it be should i not water them till they are dry like almost completely ? Just worried it might kill them please help me out want to get these on the right path and keep growing !

View attachment 948553View attachment 948554
You can over water rockwool if you dont have proper drainage or water too often. I would start by giving it less water less often, wait until it feels light when you pick it up before feeding it again. Your ppms are also about 3-4 times stronger than they need to be which will also reduce the plants ability to drink.

Terpz719

Terpz719

What FourthCity said. I feel ya - they say the same shit about coco, lol. I don't grow in RW, but I think the pH should be lower than 6.0 in veg. You might want to double check that.

Garderner88

Garderner88

Just checked my room haven’t watered since last night, unislabs still feel heavy plants are opening up but still kinda droopy how long should i let it go for without water ? And for the Ppms and oh I’m going to drain half of my resivoir water about half way and fill it up with just ro water and check it to see where it’s at

Garderner88

Garderner88

Wait until the rockwool feels light when you pick it up before feeding it again.
Some are lighter then others was thinking of hand feeding those and leaving the heavier ones to dry out a little more

Garderner88

Garderner88

Thanks for the video i followed his exact steps when setting up my blocks and uni slabs but my mistake was i watered them for 15 mins for run off and that’s where my issues began

Almasy

Almasy

I did twice on during veg, give them time to dry out and water after

Almasy

Almasy

just water or mixed with nutes ? How did they do did they snap out of it and come back ?
I didnt water until the rockwool of the overwatered ones almost dry out. you will see the leaves pointing up again as they recover.

Garderner88

Garderner88

I didnt water until the rockwool of the overwatered ones almost dry out. you will see the leaves pointing up again as they recover.
Watered them this morning they seemed fairly light i also opened up some more drainage holes weird thing is the stocks on them are big and sturdy and roots are growing through the slab and they are growing just feel like they are struggling, i had my room at 79-80 degrees so i brought it down to 75-76 and i increased my lights from 600w to 700w

Garderner88

Garderner88

You can over water rockwool if you dont have proper drainage or water too often. I would start by giving it less water less often, wait until it feels light when you pick it up before feeding it again. Your ppms are also about 3-4 times stronger than they need to be which will also reduce the plants ability to drink.
So i waited and watered them this morning i also brought down the ppms to about 550-600 to see what happens

Top Bottom