I Plan on Growing with in a Tent with No Ventilation...

• Thread starter GardenWeasel77
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GardenWeasel77

GardenWeasel77

...and would like to know if others have had success. The problem is my last run was so noisy I got 5 months of terrible sleep and am not willing to go through that again.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

What was the noisy part? There are some things you can do to reduce some things.

GrowHobo

GrowHobo

Have you considered putting the fan farther away? I think I saw a video of someone putting a fan outside a tent in a foam cooler with the lid on. They just put holes the same size as the duct work on each side and pull the air out the tent and push it through a filter. I have an ac infinity I could sleep by. Unless it was running wide open maybe

crustycorcus

crustycorcus

I run a cloudline t8 in a 4x4(plans on adding another 4x4 later) and I cant even hear it next room over. Only has to be set on power level 3 out of 10. Overkill is definitely the way to go.

crossfader

crossfader

Currently growing 2 plants in a 2x2 tent without ventilation. Since it's a small tent/grow in a temp controlled basement I've been getting by with a small vortex fan blowing fresh air in thru the bottom vent flap.

Temps and humidity are easily monitored & controlled. One plant flowering, the other just starting to flower.

The only issue is smell....the wife is complaining plus I know I can't keep farming without controlling odor, as luck has it I'm ordering a fan/carbon filter from Amazon tomorrow.

If odor weren't an issue I'd continue using just the fan however when you live in a townhouse you really don't want to advertise, even here where it's legal 🇨🇦✌️

elduderito

elduderito

My first grow was in my first tiny 1 room apartment that was on the top floor - in summer my apartment became a sauna and I basically had to strip down to my underwear and was still sweating like a pig... it was not successful and I sold of the equipment...

currently I have a slightly bigger apartment - but I still have my 2x4 veg tent in my living/bedroom ... I've got small clip fans inside for air movement and a small extractor fan... Find yourself some good earplugs - pharmacies sell wax ones that are the best imo...

KDB42

KDB42

I went to the dollar store and bought 2 4 inch fans stuck one in the top duct vent and one in the right vent both blowing out. First grow came out awesome second not so much but think the seeds I used were crap. Going to be upgrading to an ac infinity on next attempt I think.

Top Bottom