I pull 1.5 lbs per 1kw with the UC

• Thread starter reggiebaseball
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
U

UCCONFUSION

I've read about dissolved Oxygen several times in this thread but nowhere does anyone explain how to test for it or anything more than that. I've googled it and I find nothing. I have heard a lot about Reggiebaseball though..

Can someone kindly tell me how me what I need to know about dissolved Oxygen, how to test for it, and how to dial it in?

B

Buddy Hemphill

I've read about dissolved Oxygen several times in this thread but nowhere does anyone explain how to test for it or anything more than that. I've googled it and I find nothing. I have heard a lot about Reggiebaseball though..

Can someone kindly tell me how me what I need to know about dissolved Oxygen, how to test for it, and how to dial it in?

You could buy a DO meter. I think they are expensive.

UC's come dialed in.

lava

lava

I tried a DO meter, not really helpful. I think a god baseline to start with is 1 watt of air pump power to every 1 gallon of water in your system. That along with clean air stones will give you plenty of DO.

J

jdubz401

Top or not to top

Hey guys I was wondering do you guys who pull those numbers do you guys top or just let them go. A lot of people top and a lot of people don't. I guess what I really wanna know is are there people not topping that pull the same numbers as people who choose to top?

Papa

Papa

Supporter

it's all at the farm, you've just got to look:

i've been told that DO meters are not easy to get accurate readings from, but that fact shouldn't prevent one from designing and building a system that provides high levels of DO.

ttystikk

ttystikk

I understand your confusion on this point, so allow me to be a bit Zen on this point: you don't measure this parameter, you set the conditions for optimization of it and then let the system tell you it is adequate.

The conditions are:
1. Keeping your water temps low, because the lower the water temperature is, the MORE dissolved oxygen it can hold in solution- this is the reason why trout need cold water; they're a relatively primitive species and don't have efficient enough gills to survive in warm water. 62-64 is what I run and often see others here saying is ideal.

2. Actively oxygenate your water, with airstones, waterfalls, mazzei injectors or what have you. If the water has lots of bubbles emanating from the equipment you're using to add O2, then you're succeeding. For 24 5 gallon buckets in RDWC, I run a 200 liter per minute air pump.

3. Monitor the health of your plants- they'll tell you very quickly whether your water is sufficiently oxygenated. If they're standing tall, good tension, white roots, you're on the right track.

4, Monitor all the other essential parameters necessary to good growing outcomes, like good lighting, proper air temps and humidity, water pH and EC.

ttystikk

ttystikk

...and one more thing; if Desert Squirrel says to do it this way or use that technique, then I'd pretty much take it as Received Truth. :rock

D

DreaminBig1207

Ghetto said it I wouldn't be anywhere without these threads. All of y'all showed me how to grow basically.

Started hitting 1.5 per now with co2 and good genetics hitting 2+ per. Only been growing for 2 years now, 4th UC Run. 6th total!!! UC has been the best system I've had Hands down. I can leave for a week or 2 and have no worries. I run 2 of the Evo 15 site 13 gallons.

9lbs in this pic under 6k, co2 and a blueberry strain got 13lbs the next run. 2.5 weeks veg, 7 week flower and 4 day flush...
http://i1104.invalid.com/albums/h330/DreaminBig1207/DSC01120.jpg

QuarterbackMo

QuarterbackMo

I pull 1.5# easy every run with the UC so far and I have been running a low yielding bubba kush! My man running AN in promix gets less then 1# per 1000w with the same cut and his plants are super healthy always. My consistency has been better then ever with the UC... even with operator error I havent had a shitty crop yet.

Bubbacured2

Go ahead and full size that pic and there is the results of the UC... btw that pic was taken with an iphone 4 camera under an analog 400w mh and has zero editing... I wanna see your coco grows fuck with that lol... I can run circles around dirt and soil grows and produce even better quality of weed then they can lol :yes

Truth of the matter is the UC is easy to use and delivers consistency. I stand by this thing over any other rdwc or dwc and depending on who the grower is I think the UC shits on ebb tables too. Honestly IMO I think its the best system design out here as far as water culture or hydro is concerned and soil(less) definitely can't hang. Only real problem with the UC is the fact the buckets crack on you out of nowhere once they figure that out it will be unstoppable.

D

DreaminBig1207

I wanna be like dreaminbig when I grow up! Very Nice!

Lol thanks bro. I thought it would take me 10 years to hit those numbers until I bought the uc. Started with ebb and flow and hit .75 per then 5 gallon dwc buckets and hit 1 per then switched again to the uc for my third grow hit 1.25 per then better genetics and h&g nutes. 4th run 2nd in uc hit 1.5 per, 5th run hit 2 per with co2, lst, caged and netted. I was shocked. Hoping for more now Since I went to 4k in each room instead of 6k and 4k in the other.

Shane20

Shane20

So you had 6k in one and 4k in the other? Why the switch to both 4 instead of both 6k? Is everything stock on your system like airpumps and stones? I think I am going to switch to H&G for my next run. I use H&G for my ebb and grow but used Canna when I started the UC and tried to follow Jacks recipe.
I want to use H&G so I am ready to switch. What are your mix rates and what boosters do you use. Thanks in advance! Hope you have Happy New Year! I am looking forward to 2012 and Dreamin Big! :)

Top Bottom