I recommend this Nice, Easy way to Medicate (I use Harlequin)

• Thread starter caregiverken
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
My wife Doesn't smoke weed. She doesn't Like to be High.
So for the past year I have been making CannaButter with bubba kush...
It has been helping her sleep better.

When I harvested my Harlequin, I made a bunch of Dry Ice Keif/hash..110m

Now, I have been making keifoil pills with it.
Those are working well too:) and they give her a healthy apatite .

I mix the Keif with just enough oil to make a thin paste
(i use Olive oil cause i have it on hand. Grape seed oil would be good. But I think any oil would do.)

I mix it in a dish and put the dish in the crock pot with an inch or two of water in the pot.(double boiler?)
Put on high for the 1st hour then low for a couple more....

then I spoon it into a disposable piping bag and cap it up...easy

and the 50/50 thc/cbd in these make it a great body relaxer,
while still having a clear head. And motivation to do stuff.
icon7.gif

I recommend this nice easy way to medicate i use harlequin
Keifoilcooking
Keifoilpils
skywalkerOG

skywalkerOG

Was wondering how to do this thank you so much. How do you find the pills to fill?

Confuten1

Confuten1

exploitin strengths - perfectin weaknessess
Supporter
Yo Ken, doesn't the keif need to be heat acctuvated to have the desired effects?

Confu...

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Yo Ken, doesn't the keif need to be heat acctuvated to have the desired effects?

Confu...

Yes it does Confu.
That's why I put the oil paste mixture in the crock pot bath for a few hours...Makes the house smell great!

Confuten1

Confuten1

exploitin strengths - perfectin weaknessess
Supporter
Yes it does Confu.
That's why I put the oil paste mixture in the crock pot bath for a few hours...Makes the house smell great!
Word! I missed that part. Ima have to try that!
How much keif per capsule ie .25 gram?
Confu...

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Word! I missed that part. Ima have to try that!
How much keif per capsule ie .25 gram?
Confu...

Yeah thats a good guess..

Those caps come in all different sizes..

the 1st time I made these I made em with the small caps (#3 i think)
I weighed 10 g of keif and added just enough oil to make a paste...
It made about 100 pills so we called em .1g pills

Those are too small though and a pain to fill...so we went with the 0 size
(the ones pictured)

I didn't weigh the keif this time though..Im guessing, but I say they have about a 1/4g of Keif in em...the pills weigh about .75g each...so maybe closer to a half g of keif...I dunno...sorry :sad0047:

Please do try it and report back...would be great to hear from others that do this too.

:animbong:

HeLLMuTT

HeLLMuTT

Thinks of Stinks
Supporter
Mmm I bet these are wonderful! My friend make caps with trim and coconut oil. They are great! I'm a big edible/tincture guy. :)

Nice job with these. I agree about this being a fantastic way to medicate. No smell that way... unless your have a big burp! hehe

K

kolah

Very nice, Ken! I am hoping to grow some Harlequin this spring.(and another medicinal strain with high CBD)

The empty gel caps can also be picked up at local health food stores.

That's cool to hear about your lady popping them for sleep aid. Pretty soon your wifey will be diggin for the daytime highs...:) umm you could also let her know that it enhances sex.

K

kolah

another thought:

I would imagine those caps would be great for suppositories. You would have dial in the proper dosage though.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
another thought:

I would imagine those caps would be great for suppositories. You would have dial in the proper dosage though.

LMAO...I was gonna try that...But I chickened out
icon11.gif

I will share something with you folks...
These CBD caps (and smoking GC) have replaced the Zoloft i was taking for anxiety!

My wife only medicates right before she goes to sleep
icon6.gif

and she keeps these by the bedside cause they only last bout 4 hours.

She says if she eats after taking one...its even stronger...

M

mrdizzle

I just bought a bunch of caps, Im wondering why they need to be heated to work proper. Im going to make a couple and just mix them with the oil to see how it works out. I will let you know how they work unheated

singingcrow

singingcrow

I have been looking all over for exactly this method, with pics. Thank you so much! Everyone else discusses other methods for capsules, but with what trim I have from harvests, this method exactly fits my materials.

Every harvest I use a simple shake box, magnetized and it gives out a very green kief. Not good for anything except capsules, which would be excellent. I also plan to try these new dry ice bags which came in the mail, but for a busy mom this is perfect as I can sit and shake this little box while doing a million other things.

And the capsules are perfect for my need too: sleep, anxiety and depression. Funny enough, capsules usually last in my system over 8 hours. I am curious to see if I get the same length and strength of affect with your method... :)

El Cerebro

El Cerebro

I just bought a bunch of caps, Im wondering why they need to be heated to work proper. Im going to make a couple and just mix them with the oil to see how it works out. I will let you know how they work unheated

Decarboxylation of the thc acids into psychoactive form (lots of discussion on this in medibles and tincture threads here and elsewhere). There's also talk of non-decarboxylated cannabanoids having therapeutic effects, including the work with thcv in Parkinson's and also cbd from raw juice of fan leaves.

M

mrdizzle

so I made about 75 out of 20grams, I did use a double boiler but I think I could have heated it more. the paste of still a little gritty when I was piping it

2 pills is highly relaxing but not like eating a serious brownie. So Im going to make another round and heat it more

El Cerebro

El Cerebro

so I made about 75 out of 20grams, I did use a double boiler but I think I could have heated it more. the paste of still a little gritty when I was piping it

2 pills is highly relaxing but not like eating a serious brownie. So Im going to make another round and heat it more

There's a semi-tested time vs temperature curve from the only literature on the subject I've found. Can't put my hands on it right now, but it's in an oil thread somewhere, not this site though. The effects can vary based on how long or how much heat you use. Longer and warmer should mean more cbn conversion = sedation. But also you can degrade to the point of losing potency. Cbd is not a degradation byproduct however. I'll find the links and report back..

M

mrdizzle

I just busted out another 75pills, let it double boil for a little over a hour. added a little more oil than last time and the mix was too gritty. much easier to deal with.

little tip, instead of putting the tip of the piping bag into the pill, which creates and air pocket that stops more oil from going into the pill that needs to be stirred with a paper clip so it settles to the bottom before you can finish filling the pill, instead hold the the tip in the air above the pill and let it slowly drip out of the piping bag so that when the oil its the pill it slides to the bottom and fills to the top with no air pocket

dankworth

dankworth

I need to get into this when I have the free time. Thanks for showing this everyone.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Great info and tips you guys! Thanks for sharing em :)

That air pocket can be tricky

I hope more folks see this and try it and those that have tried it chime in too

:banana1sv6:

cannabeans

cannabeans

Here's what I have been loading my capsuls with. I found them at the farm and ranch store in the medical section... Works really well while the oil is warm.

Oil 004
Top Bottom