I recommend this Nice, Easy way to Medicate (I use Harlequin)

• Thread starter caregiverken
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

mrdizzle

Is that straight hash oil? I tried a something like that but the hole was too small for the keif grit to push through

I like them, I wish I used better keif but I had what I had

10x better than eating a brownie that taste like dick

cannabeans

cannabeans

Mine is straight oil.... but if I were to add keif to the mix I would just cut the syringe so the hole is larger.

El Cerebro

El Cerebro

Do the straight oil caspsules leak a little after a while? Some of the commercially made herbal caps do and it can get messy if you're not careful with them (and i'm not). Seems like the kief could eliminate that, thx for the tip.

I need to get back on capsules too, i'ts very convenient. I vaporize at low temps and ingest the leftovers (lighter effect than heated kief or oil). This link might save you guys some time stuffing capsules: http://www.capsuleconnection.com/ (there are also much nicer automatic versions for more $ of course)

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
thanks to everyone that replied..
It is a great way to medicate for sure. :)

ElcereBro; My last batch of 00 caps (sour tsunami) kinda sucked up funny a few days after I filled em.
and some leaked a bit
icon9.gif

1st time that has happened though.

The 00 Sour Tsunami caps have been working really well for me at work..
3 in the morn and 3 more at lunch
.Makes work suck less for sure...even found myself acting kinda goofy...:talking

Im making a batch of JillyBean tonite.....Gonna see how that works at work
icon10.gif

El Cerebro

El Cerebro

I forgot to check back on both these threads, here's one version of the temperature curve for decarboxylation, but there's a much better discussion about it somewhere (will find eventually).

Ken, how would you characterize the effects of sour tsu at the dosages above? You've mentioned you use cannabis mostly to enhance mental function, is this also the effect you're seeking from the capsules, or for physical pain too?

Cort

Cort

Would a bbq flavor injector work a little better? They have large gauge needles so spices can pass through with the liquid.

bbq_inject.jpg

Oddly enough, I didnt even think about the feed store... I use one of these as a measuring device for nutes.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Cort; that looks like it would work well.

dirk d

dirk d

Excellent Thread guys, thanks for sharing. That filler looks perfect. im trying to get a high cbd strain for a few of my patients. looks like this is exactly what i need to do.

So basically the easiest way looks to just kief the plant and then use that to fill the caps. correct me if im wrong but im very new to this.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
I made some JillyBean caps...They work great!
Takes away my anxiety Completely :)
And allows me to do a great job at work
:banana1sv6:

JillyCaps
El Cerebro

El Cerebro

So basically the easiest way looks to just kief the plant and then use that to fill the caps. correct me if im wrong but im very new to this.

You could do it with dry kief, but would need to heat/decarboxylate first. Another thing is the oil carrier will help metabolize it better with less dependency on what you have or haven't eaten recently. Sugar/carb is another carrier people use, metabolizes differently I'd guess?

I made some JillyBean caps...They work great!
Takes away my anxiety Completely :)
And allows me to do a great job at work

So you really notice different effects with different strains this way, huh? I need to experiment with lower decarb temps to see if I can tolerate edibles better. For me the levels seem to build up quickly and I turn zombie. Fine for sleep or heavy rest/recovery, but I'd like a low-psychoactive med for rheumatoid pain that I can stay awake on. I'm thinking the variation from trich maturity might be even more significant than when inhaled? I tend not to get super-stoned on strong medibles like some people, just real sleepy.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
You could do it with dry kief, but would need to heat/decarboxylate first. Another thing is the oil carrier will help metabolize it better with less dependency on what you have or haven't eaten recently. Sugar/carb is another carrier people use, metabolizes differently I'd guess?

Bingo!
Thanks for pointing that out!

So you really notice different effects with different strains this way, huh? I need to experiment with lower decarb temps to see if I can tolerate edibles better. For me the levels seem to build up quickly and I turn zombie. Fine for sleep or heavy rest/recovery, but I'd like a low-psychoactive med for rheumatoid pain that I can stay awake on. I'm thinking the variation from trich maturity might be even more significant than when inhaled? I tend not to get super-stoned on strong medibles like some people, just real sleepy.

I do notice the difference...The Harlequin is more body high and less stoney because of the high CBD.But still a motivator for me.:banana1sv6:
The Sour Tsunami is pretty much the same..maybe a little more sleepy
Coffee works well to counter act that and the dry mouth

And I have to admit the JillyBean makes me kind of silly...I sing and have a good time when I take those.

So I think Harley in the Morning and Jilly at noon is working really well for me :)

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Do the straight oil caspsules leak a little after a while? Some of the commercially made herbal caps do and it can get messy if you're not careful with them (and i'm not). Seems like the kief could eliminate that, thx for the tip.

I did have some Sour Tsunami caps get meltly in the bottle...
I'm pretty sure I use too much olive oil. I have been making more batches with less oil (thinker paste) and haven't had any problems with them melting

the Paste should have the same consistency as toothpaste

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
I Hope more folks try this....

I bought some dry ice last nice and made Bubba Keif (with Purple Bubba Buds) Cooked it, let it cool over nite and capped it up this morning. :winking0067:

I also made some Himalayan Gold Keif last nite...got that cookin right now

I will give a report on the HG next week :)

M

magiccaldron

My wife Doesn't smoke weed. She doesn't Like to be High.
So for the past year I have been making CannaButter with bubba kush...
It has been helping her sleep better.

When I harvested my Harlequin, I made a bunch of Dry Ice Keif/hash..110m

Now, I have been making keifoil pills with it.
Those are working well too:) and they give her a healthy apatite .

I mix the Keif with just enough oil to make a thin paste
(i use Olive oil cause i have it on hand. Grape seed oil would be good. But I think any oil would do.)

I mix it in a dish and put the dish in the crock pot with an inch or two of water in the pot.(double boiler?)
Put on high for the 1st hour then low for a couple more....

then I spoon it into a disposable piping bag and cap it up...easy

and the 50/50 thc/cbd in these make it a great body relaxer,
while still having a clear head. And motivation to do stuff.
icon7.gif

(i use Olive oil cause i have it on hand. Grape seed oil would be good. But I think any oil would do.)

I mix it in a dish and put the dish in the crock pot with an inch or two of water in the pot.(double boiler?)

icon7.gif

M

magiccaldron

icon7.gif

M

magiccaldron

Hi, can I make a topical rub from Keif/hash (dry ice extraction)? my thought is to use dry ice extraction then mix the hash with what ever carrier oil...would this work?

El Cerebro

El Cerebro

Hi, can I make a topical rub from Keif/hash (dry ice extraction)? my thought is to use dry ice extraction then mix the hash with what ever carrier oil...would this work?
No reason not to, I sometimes rub straight bubble hash into dry cracks in my hands during winter, keep a little piece in a tin for that purpose. Coco and shea butter are nice bases too.

Although personally for topicals I'd just use butane extract, and if you had a closed recovery system the carrier could go right into the extractor for easy handling/blending afterward. Just depends on what equipment you have handy I guess, but any concentrate will work.

Does anyone have experience with decarboxylation vs not re topicals?

Latest posts

Top Bottom