I Screwed Up - Could Use Advice!!

• Thread starter Transfixed
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

Transfixed

Hey all!
I'm a first time grower, and it definitely shows with what I just did :/
So, I'm using Sea Green as an additive to my nute mix (in soil) and normally I use about 2ml/gallon as you're supposed to - but I switched feeding containers today and had to do some math to adjust the ratios - and long story short I lost track of what I was doing and put an entire TABLESPOON (about 15 ml) of Sea Green into my gallon and then fed my plants with that ratio.
So, what should I do about this, should I worry? Should I flush them immediately? No big deal?
God I hate being a noob, haha.

Thanks for any and all help.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
I'm assuming nutes of some sort. If it truly is too hot of a mix you can flush that will help so you dont burn the plant. However I'm not sure of whats in seagreen maybe someone hip to the product will pipe in. You may not have to worry

T

Transfixed

Ah, sorry. Sea Green is this stuff, which is 1.5 - 0.5 - 4.0
It's mostly meant to boost micros and help nutrient uptake, so I wasn't sure if overfeeding (by x7.5!) would be an issues or not.

Smallseagreen
Twistedtreez

Twistedtreez

A tablespoon is 30 ml, you have to slow it down , I always double check math way before and have exact numbers that do not change , 1add nutrients, 2 check ec (fert streanth) if your low add if your high cut it with water. Adjust your ph if your doing hydro resurculating (I start at 5.5) soil 6.3-7.5, if your solution has proper ec and ph then you feed, teaspoon 15 ml, tablespoon 30 ml, ounce: 30 ml , 1 gram is equal 1 ml, good luck , soil is more forgiving than hydro.

primordialsolutions

primordialsolutions

Primordial Solutions
Supporter
I realize this thread is old, but to answer your question, it's difficult to overdose Seagreen. I had someone use 4 OUNCES, that's 2 entire sample bottles, on a potted fern to see if he could kill it. A month later it was 3 times the size of the fern next to it that didn't get any. I am not saying to try this at home, but the stuff is tough to overdose.

GanjaNGains

GanjaNGains

Hey all!
I'm a first time grower, and it definitely shows with what I just did :/
So, I'm using Sea Green as an additive to my nute mix (in soil) and normally I use about 2ml/gallon as you're supposed to - but I switched feeding containers today and had to do some math to adjust the ratios - and long story short I lost track of what I was doing and put an entire TABLESPOON (about 15 ml) of Sea Green into my gallon and then fed my plants with that ratio.
So, what should I do about this, should I worry? Should I flush them immediately? No big deal?
God I hate being a noob, haha.

Thanks for any and all help.

Haha Noob mistakes happen we have all been there my friend (good vibes) sounds like it won't b an issue from what the members above are saying.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
A tablespoon is 30 ml, you have to slow it down , I always double check math way before and have exact numbers that do not change , 1add nutrients, 2 check ec (fert streanth) if your low add if your high cut it with water. Adjust your ph if your doing hydro resurculating (I start at 5.5) soil 6.3-7.5, if your solution has proper ec and ph then you feed, teaspoon 15 ml, tablespoon 30 ml, ounce: 30 ml , 1 gram is equal 1 ml, good luck , soil is more forgiving than hydro.
It is indeed. But another way to look at it is once you have dro dialed, because your dealing typically with a 55 gallon rez the buffer zone compared to 3-4 gall soil pots will take more abuse than soil.

primordialsolutions

primordialsolutions

Primordial Solutions
Supporter
Interesting note, I have been told by people who run our products in hydro, that it becomes a bit more forgiving. When microbes help feed your plants, you can fuck it up a bit more without negative consequences.

Latest posts

Top Bottom