I seriously need help sprouting ...

• Thread starter Nellyyortiz9
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Lisa22

Lisa22

Nellyyortiz9 - I have been going through the same thing. tomatoesarecoolto sent me a video of a fellow using Root Riots https://www.thcfarmer.com/threads/my-seeds-wont-sprout.109532/page-2#post-2539710 this is the tread. The videos were difficult for me as they don't all work but I was able to get the idea and accomplish getting the seeds to sprout. Out of 12 seeds, 3 different strains, I have had 100% success. I have some problem seeds and out of 15 seeds that I have tried everything on the Root Riots still are not working at day 6.

I think one of the things I was doing wrong was using water that was too cold and shocking the root when I transfer out of the coffee filter to rockwool. I now am checking the temp as well as I was not adjusting for winter temps. Anyway these seem to be easier for me. I like not having to transplant and being able to see their progress under the dome.

Mr.Juice

Mr.Juice

When the taproot sprouts, wait until it it’s long enough to “hook”. When you plant, ensure the hook is pointing downward. If it’s pointing up then it needs to spend more energy to grow back down again. If the medium is too wet in this phase you will have greater risk of it not making it.

Nellyyortiz9

Nellyyortiz9

When the taproot sprouts, wait until it it’s long enough to “hook”. When you plant, ensure the hook is pointing downward. If it’s pointing up then it needs to spend more energy to grow back down again. If the medium is too wet in this phase you will have greater risk of it not making it.
That’s good to know thank you
I’m so impatient and as soon as I see white, In it goes .
This is the most frustrating part of growing I think

growsince79

growsince79

growing is easy.....its the waiting that's the hardest part. takes for fricking ever!
I found that if I keep at least 3 different strains on hand, the waiting ain't too bad. If I only have 1 or 2, I want something new.

Nellyyortiz9

Nellyyortiz9

I found that if I keep at least 3 different strains on hand, the waiting ain't too bad. If I only have 1 or 2, I want something new.

I got that going on in my flower tent now..4 different strains. The reason why I don’t like doing that—- once harvested and cured in the end, I only have a certain amount of one strain and it makes me anxious to know that I’m running out lol
So my next go I want to either do a sog or just have a lot of the same strain

ezenzyme

ezenzyme

heres my method and a few tips, soak in water overnight 12hrs at this point you should be able to tell what seeds are viable, but not always. then into wet paper towels in ziplock bags, you do not want to see water in the bottom of the bags, if so gently remove paper towel drain out excess water. Never put more than twenty per packet, and use a whole paper towel folded up covering the seeds. Put into a cabinet or somewhere dark, and warm high sixties or seventies. Wait 5-7 days until tap root is about a 1/4in long, if paper towels get dry lightly mist with a spray bottle. Once the taproot is about 1/4in long its time to plant. I personally like the 1/2gal sq pots that fit nicely into the trays 6 per but dixie cups work as well. Dont go smaller that dixie cups. Lets talk seedling dirt, i like to take my old dirt, or bag dirt roots or foff, mix with 30%more peat and a little bit of EWC, make sure you properly hydrate your media and if you working in a cold house you should warm the dirt by using warm water. Mix your dirt up, hydrate in the wheelbarrow and put into pots. Pack your pots down a seedling pot not properly packed will tend to fall apart during transplant, but also keep in mind that a pot too packed will slow root growth and diminish the chances of the seedling popping up. Once pots are prepped i like to gently dig a hole in the center of the pot about 1/2in deep, or just below my second knuckle and a bit bigger than my finger. You take your gemed seed and very gently place with root pointing down into the hole. Try and push it against the side of the hole rather than down into the dirt. If it tips over correct it so that the root is pointing down. Any breakage of root at this point will kill your seedling so be careful. Seed should be no more than 1/4 in from the top of the dirt. Lightly sprinkle excavated dirt and very lightly press. Mist with a pump sprayer and wait. Seedling heat mats are very helpful at this point. If you mix peat it holds the water way longer than coco, allowing you to avoid watering for the first five days, possibly misting when tops seem dry. A splash of humic can go a long way.

Nellyyortiz9

Nellyyortiz9

heres my method and a few tips, soak in water overnight 12hrs at this point you should be able to tell what seeds are viable, but not always. then into wet paper towels in ziplock bags, you do not want to see water in the bottom of the bags, if so gently remove paper towel drain out excess water. Never put more than twenty per packet, and use a whole paper towel folded up covering the seeds. Put into a cabinet or somewhere dark, and warm high sixties or seventies. Wait 5-7 days until tap root is about a 1/4in long, if paper towels get dry lightly mist with a spray bottle. Once the taproot is about 1/4in long its time to plant. I personally like the 1/2gal sq pots that fit nicely into the trays 6 per but dixie cups work as well. Dont go smaller that dixie cups. Lets talk seedling dirt, i like to take my old dirt, or bag dirt roots or foff, mix with 30%more peat and a little bit of EWC, make sure you properly hydrate your media and if you working in a cold house you should warm the dirt by using warm water. Mix your dirt up, hydrate in the wheelbarrow and put into pots. Pack your pots down a seedling pot not properly packed will tend to fall apart during transplant, but also keep in mind that a pot too packed will slow root growth and diminish the chances of the seedling popping up. Once pots are prepped i like to gently dig a hole in the center of the pot about 1/2in deep, or just below my second knuckle and a bit bigger than my finger. You take your gemed seed and very gently place with root pointing down into the hole. Try and push it against the side of the hole rather than down into the dirt. If it tips over correct it so that the root is pointing down. Any breakage of root at this point will kill your seedling so be careful. Seed should be no more than 1/4 in from the top of the dirt. Lightly sprinkle excavated dirt and very lightly press. Mist with a pump sprayer and wait. Seedling heat mats are very helpful at this point. If you mix peat it holds the water way longer than coco, allowing you to avoid watering for the first five days, possibly misting when tops seem dry. A splash of humic can go a long way.
Hmm interesting...so how do I apply the humic? I have it in liquid form and granular

ezenzyme

ezenzyme

like a spalsh into your first watering and a few drops of it into the 12hr soak. I think your issue is def too moist, mix with peat and you wont have to water until 50% of them are up. Get some swag and give it a whirle, its hard but once you get it you've got it, i had a lotta trouble at first but now i am in the 90+ every time. i would toss the domes, 80-90% percent humidity is great for growing mushrooms and molds not so much cannabis. But water and media is what you need to troubleshoot.

sambapati

sambapati

I got that going on in my flower tent now..4 different strains. The reason why I don’t like doing that—- once harvested and cured in the end, I only have a certain amount of one strain and it makes me anxious to know that I’m running out lol
Ummm? I don’t get it..is that cannabis related?
I was riffing off of seed 'bank'

growsince79

growsince79

Just have lots of everything.

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

Your makeing things to complicated, once your bean germanates sow 1 half inc deep and back your light off till they sprout, if running autoflowers sow seed in pot you intend to do your whole grow in, i have 600w led back off 34inc till they sprout mostly in 48 hours.

Nellyyortiz9

Nellyyortiz9

Your makeing things to complicated, once your bean germanates sow 1 half inc deep and back your light off till they sprout, if running autoflowers sow seed in pot you intend to do your whole grow in, i have 600w led back off 34inc till they sprout mostly in 48 hours.
K, I’ll try it. I’m going to throw one in coco right now and see what happens.

Top Bottom