I sure miss Montgomery Wards

• Thread starter pvtpilot
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

pvtpilot

I dunno bout you guys and gals but I sure miss the old department store.

You could always get a nice deal on a washer, dryer refrigerator or what ever.
My friend owns a house that his dad purchased from wards back in the 30's. He's added rooms and such over the years but I always thought it was cool that his dad bought the house from the catalog.

You could buy 6 shooters, saddles, stage coaches and even horses back in the day.
In my area we have an old Wards and they finally took down the old sign that hoovered over the freeway for close to 60 years.

Venom818

Venom818

Maybe it was good at some point but i worked for them like for 3 years and the quality of the products were the worst I would never buy anything from them.

S

Simple Simon

Yea; It was kinda cool thumb'n through the old "Monkey Wards" book for hours and hours back in the day. Now I thumb through the INTERNET for hours and hours LOL things change but stay the same.

R

Rolln J

I miss monkey wards too - not sure how the stuff there could be any worse then any other place (IE WALMRT) they sold the same name brands as other dept stores - the one where I grew had a great auto service dept and if you slipped the smog guy a sack of dank he'd hook you right the fuck up!

TrailerTrash

TrailerTrash

I dunno bout you guys and gals but I sure miss the old department store.

You could always get a nice deal on a washer, dryer refrigerator or what ever.
My friend owns a house that his dad purchased from wards back in the 30's. He's added rooms and such over the years but I always thought it was cool that his dad bought the house from the catalog.

You could buy 6 shooters, saddles, stage coaches and even horses back in the day.
In my area we have an old Wards and they finally took down the old sign that hoovered over the freeway for close to 60 years.

There still around...

online only...remember..gemco..zodys..fedco..white front..market basket..ahhh..memories.:movie

E

easypleasie

Didn't know they were still around. Internet gives companies that lose their store fronts a chance to keep going. Isn't this what Circuit City is doing?

R

Rolln J

rofl gemco - I bought about half of everything I needed for my first grow (besides the HID) at gemco...

memories!

thats a trip bout wards being online - they went under before the net was prevalent...

how about drive through liquor stores?

B

Beeronymous

oh my god.i remember circuit city.that shit is sooooooooo old man. when i lived in ventura the parking lot of the montgomery wards was a christmas tree lot during the holidays.i think it was still open until a few years ago too

S

ShorelineTex

My Grandmother has a Sears catalog from the turn of the century...you could get just about anything from horse buggys to laudanum cough syrup lol (not suggested for use together). I love looking through that catalog...

P

pvtpilot

For a marriage gift, my parents bought a washer and dryer for me and my wife.

I've bought tires, air compressors, tools furniture and even bedding at Wards over the years.

I don't expect the online thing will last long as they don't carry jack. Sears has always been a good store too. In fact Sears and Roebuck were the first to offer homes in their catalog.

Imagine ordering this home and having it delivered to your lot for less than $2000 in 1940.

1934_3397.jpg

R

Rolln J

that does kick ass! - my parcel has 6 addresses be sweet to put up 6 of those! my own little track home developement

Latest posts

Top Bottom