I take one hit and lose sense of taste.

• Thread starter Fuqer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Fuqer

Fuqer

So I made a mistake and sprayed Crop Defender during the 7th week of flowering even though it says you can use it up until harvest.

It left some orange spots on some of my sugar leaves, so I ended up pulling an ounce of the worse looking ones. I trimmed, dried, and put it up to cure. However after just a few days I tried to vape a few small buds and I completely lost my taste. To be sure that is was the weed I tried again a couple days later and after only one hit my taste was gone. On top of that my eye site gets a little hazy. I don't get nausea or a headache.

I talked with the sales manager and he said he's never heard of it happening before.

I'm wondering if it's even safe to smoke and if there is anything I can do? Would a long cure maybe help?

I just harvested a whole plant from the same crop and this time I did a bud wash hoping that would help.

I'll never spray during flower again.

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Doesn’t sound like it is safe to smoke! Unless those side effects kick in after you have been coughing your ass off on the floor! If those side effects were happening to me, I wouldn’t smoke it! Bring in a guinea pig and see if they get the same reaction! Good luck! Safe to use Right up till harvest may not be the same as safe to smoke at harvest! Five or 600° Can make a big difference!

budsofgeorgia

budsofgeorgia

So I made a mistake and sprayed Crop Defender during the 7th week of flowering even though it says you can use it up until harvest.

It left some orange spots on some of my sugar leaves, so I ended up pulling an ounce of the worse looking ones. I trimmed, dried, and put it up to cure. However after just a few days I tried to vape a few small buds and I completely lost my taste. To be sure that is was the weed I tried again a couple days later and after only one hit my taste was gone. On top of that my eye site gets a little hazy. I don't get nausea or a headache.

I talked with the sales manager and he said he's never heard of it happening before.

I'm wondering if it's even safe to smoke and if there is anything I can do? Would a long cure maybe help?

I just harvested a whole plant from the same crop and this time I did a bud wash hoping that would help.

I'll never spray during flower again.
maybe diabetes is kicking in what you don't have 1 day and you can the next

Fuqer

Fuqer

well how did you dry?
did you control temps/humidity?
dry in the dark?
little airflow?
plants suffer from overfeeding? light stress?
overhandling buds?
lots of reasons why,..
I have dedicated dry tent.
Temp 65 Humidity 60
Was dark.
Vornado Fan was blowing, but not on buds.
I had some nutrient burn from overfeeding a few weeks earlier after contacting Advanced Nutrients about their feeding schedule and EC. They told me EC isn't a good metric for their pH Perfect line, so I fed at full strength a few times before going back to half strength.
I don't think I overhandled the buds.
Doesn’t sound like it is safe to smoke! Unless those side effects kick in after you have been coughing your ass off on the floor! If those side effects were happening to me, I wouldn’t smoke it! Bring in a guinea pig and see if they get the same reaction! Good luck! Safe to use Right up till harvest may not be the same as safe to smoke at harvest! Five or 600° Can make a big difference!
I didn't cough at all. Good idea, if I can find someone willing to knowingly be a guinea pig.
maybe diabetes is kicking in what you don't have 1 day and you can the next

I'm a skinny dude and was screened for diabetes as a routine checkup about a year ago, which was negative. I have half dozen other strains right now that doesn't have this affect.

I thought maybe it was a one time thing until I tried again and it happened after just one hit.

budsofgeorgia

budsofgeorgia

Temp 65 Humidity 60
Was dark.
I had some nutrient burn from overfeeding a few weeks earlier after contacting Advanced Nutrients about their feeding schedule and EC. They told me EC isn't a good metric for their pH Perfect line, so I fed at full strength a few times before going back to half strength.

I didn't cough at all. Good idea, if I can find someone willing to knowingly be a guinea pig.

I'm a skinny dude and was screened for diabetes as a routine checkup about a year ago, which was negative. I have half dozen other strains right now that doesn't have this affect.

I thought maybe it was a one time thing until I tried again and it happened after just one hit.
well long as you skinny you good then those fcking fat people

B

Budclarkson

Temp 65 Humidity 60
Was dark.

I wouldn’t touch it again. Allergic reactions always get worse and more serious the next exposure.

The stuff is concentrated, how much did you use? I didn’t see cautions and poison control on the Amazon listing but it’s fungicide and pesticide. There’s always the chance of contaminated batch.

Fuqer

Fuqer

I wouldn’t touch it again. Allergic reactions always get worse and more serious the next exposure.

The stuff is concentrated, how much did you use? I didn’t see cautions and poison control on the Amazon listing but it’s fungicide and pesticide. There’s always the chance of contaminated batch.
I used the recommended dose on the bottle. 40ml per gallon. I sprayed right as lights went off and kept fans off for 3 hours like the instructions said.
have you had children already if planning too?
No. I'm 46, been with same woman for over 30 years now and she's unable to conceive.

budsofgeorgia

budsofgeorgia

i would say get checked for diabetes or thyroid problems might could even be glaucoma and they say if you stop smoking your taste comes back

Fuqer

Fuqer

I've smoked for over 30 years, and most of that has been crap reg weed with a lot of Mexican brick weed and have never had this happen.

Would it be OK to make hash with
i would say get checked for diabetes or thyroid problems might could even be glaucoma and they say if you stop smoking your taste comes back
My taste comes back in less than 24 hours and it doesn't happen when I smoke a different strain.

I'm pretty sure it's this weed.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
won’t matter what you make with it, the taste will either be diluted or enhanced,.. qwiso might be best for that stuff considering the circumstances

Beachbumm

Beachbumm

Agree I'd toss it in the compost pile.

Top Bottom