I think I have a Calcium lockout...

• Thread starter PhoenixFlower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
E

ET12SECOND

The stuff I'm using right now, the OMRI granules from PROMIX dissolve almost instantly once I whisk them into the water I use.
Do yourself a favor and try a run with the standard promix I listed. It has zero nuiets added so what the plant gets you give it. Not much guessing. I run a time release dry fert (american pride) soooooo much easier. The promix is a great product but it needs a good cal shot fairly often so I feed with calmag plus. It is by far the easiest method I have found. The only other thing is I add the budswell during flower and a little bonemeal for nitrogen hungry strains. This really works well

IMG 0018
Buzzzz

Buzzzz

I'm going to attach my water report, I'm seeing no mention of magnesium anywhere within it.

About a week or two ago, I went out and purchased some Calimagic from the hydro shop. Watered in 1tsp with a gallon of water and waited, I noticed today that the problem doesn't seem to be getting better, it seems to be spreading further up the leaf. Only on one stalk though, I'll upload pics for that as well. The rest of the plant seems to be unaffected by this issue.

I'm using PROMIX regular bag soil from the hardware store with Walmart nutrients, granular organic nutrients, I JUST fertilized for the 2nd time this grow, the last being when I transplanted at the beginning of veg (I'm one week+ flipped to flower), I also watered in 1tbsp. of epsom salts into my mediums because I observed what appeared to be a sulphur deficiency. haven't been watering a lot, I've been trying to let my roots stretch out as much as possible for the upcoming flower. I plan to water my plants every three days or so from here on out now that I've fertilized and am in flower.

View attachment 1285801

View attachment 1285803

View attachment 1285804

View attachment 1285805

View attachment 1285808
Promix will have gypsum in it and so will your tap water(calcium ) , I've used it for years and years and never supplemented calcium. Coco,ro, or purified water it may need it

PhoenixFlower

PhoenixFlower

Promix will have gypsum in it and so will your tap water(calcium ) , I've used it for years and years and never supplemented calcium. Coco,ro, or purified water it may need it
This is why I think it's a pH issue, there definitely is calcium in that medium, no denying that.

I really need to invest in one of those BluLab pens.. If I was to go out and buy some of that there fast acting sulfur, how much do you think would need to be put into the 5gallon grow bag to bring the pH down by one or one-and-a-half?

AlfaDog

AlfaDog

Do yourself a favor and try a run with the standard promix I listed. It has zero nuiets added so what the plant gets you give it. Not much guessing. I run a time release dry fert (american pride) soooooo much easier. The promix is a great product but it needs a good cal shot fairly often so I feed with calmag plus. It is by far the easiest method I have found. The only other thing is I add the budswell during flower and a little bonemeal for nitrogen hungry strains. This really works well
I also am a fan on promix or substrate similar my twist is I add additional perlite at a rate of every 3 promix I give 1 perlite and dynomyco cuz the mycorrhiza I'm pretty sure is not viable and dead with all the environment abuse and what not through transportation and days in the baking sun or cold below zero days it went through

Buzzzz

Buzzzz

This is why I think it's a pH issue, there definitely is calcium in that medium, no denying that.

I really need to invest in one of those BluLab pens.. If I was to go out and buy some of that there fast acting sulfur, how much do you think would need to be put into the 5gallon grow bag to bring the pH down by one or one-and-a-half?
I think PH is blamed too much when watering practices haven't been mastered. I use rain water for indoor in promix and haven't checked ph in years. Plants will adjust to ph as long as it isn't all over the place and remains more or less constant unless it's extreme. . I grow in clay where I live and only add a bit promix to the hole to give them a bit of help and once established they seem to figure it out. Just my1/2 cents worth

E

ET12SECOND

I think PH is blamed too much when watering practices haven't been mastered. I use rain water for indoor in promix and haven't checked ph in years. Plants will adjust to ph as long as it isn't all over the place and remains more or less constant unless it's extreme. . I grow in clay where I live and only add a bit promix to the hole to give them a bit of help and once established they seem to figure it out. Just my1/2 cents worth
i have tried tons of ways. If I stay at a single ph reading I have issues. If I range from 5.9-6.5 I get the best results. but it my be my water supply is different but I have don it this way for many years. My home water ph is at 8-8.5 But Isay do whatt works for you :) I love my general purpose pro mix ! So cheap i just use new after every grow

Buzzzz

Buzzzz

i have tried tons of ways. If I stay at a single ph reading I have issues. If I range from 5.9-6.5 I get the best results. but it my be my water supply is different but I have don it this way for many years. My home water ph is at 8-8.5 But Isay do whatt works for you :) I love my general purpose pro mix ! So cheap i just use new after every grow
That's in clay last week and I don't do anything except tie them up and have only watered them a few times with rain water during a drought, I have been using the same spot in my back yard for over a decade, I'll get 2lbs plus of decent tops for a total of 5 hours work all summer. Sometimes it can be your strain choice,some are maintenance free some require it.

20220918 185116
Top Bottom