I Think I Messed Up Please Help

• Thread starter Catmicas
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

Catmicas

Hey so this is my first grow and i germinated two seeds one for each of my huge pots, long story short i worried about whether i had put my little taproots too deep and tried to dig one out, i didnt find it, i spread out the soil that i dug out from the middle (where i put the seed) and filled the hole with soil from the corners, do you think it could still sprout? is there a chance i burried my seed even deeper? i tried to grab deep when i pulled the soil out

madgrower

madgrower

Hey so this is my first grow and i germinated two seeds one for each of my huge pots, long story short i worried about whether i had put my little taproots too deep and tried to dig one out, i didnt find it, i spread out the soil that i dug out from the middle (where i put the seed) and filled the hole with soil from the corners, do you think it could still sprout? is there a chance i burried my seed even deeper? i tried to grab deep when i pulled the soil out
i did that a few times .it sucks and had to sprout a new one

Dan789

Dan789

Yah, too bad they don’t make a seed finder yet, so good luck on the next attempt to sprout one. Btw it sounds that these are going directly into the “big pots”, say it ain’t so.

C

Catmicas

Yah, too bad they don’t make a seed finder yet, so good luck on the next attempt to sprout one. Btw it sounds that these are going directly into the “big pots”, say it ain’t so.

they are, i heard its bad but since its an auto i thought it was better to put it in the final pot, was it wrong?

madgrower

madgrower

they are, i heard its bad but since its an auto i thought it was better to put it in the final pot, was it wrong?
autos are supposed to be a great seed for the beginner but imo they are for someone with experience.my first seeds were auto and grew about a foot tall with about 4 grams on them lol.i did like you the second time i grew them .i put the seed directly into a 4g pot thinking that they wouldnt stunt and fared well i tried hard not to over water them at first ,i ended up with 4 oz a plant of cured bud and 1 oz of small oil bud

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Keep the dirt moist and warm...just give it time

C

Catmicas

thank you guys im just really bummed out now it was my favourite strain of the ones i bought and now i only have 3seeds left and they r not even the same strain,i really hope it works out

brazel

brazel

If you seen the tap root, wait a couple days it might pop up.
Planting in a big pot was a good decision.
Transplanting is for when you bring a plant home and you need to plant it or starting plants indoors cause it's too cold outside and that way you'll have a jump start when spring comes.

Transplanting is real popular in the cannabis world but I've never seen any proof that it's beneficial to allow your plants to grow, stop growing, replant and wait for it to start growing again... and maybe transplant again.

I mean I don't know maybe transplant shock is myth!? And all the products they sell for transplant shock are placebo...

Dan789

Dan789

C6DABE20 BE7B 44A9 9203 27C545A41D9C
Not sure what your talking about when mentioning transplant shock. Here’s a shot of the male root base (from the bottom of the 7 gallon pot it went into on 12/28) I just trashed (the surprise male I had) it was “transplanted” 12/28/17, so all these roots grew in just 6 days. Sorry for the bad shot, it’s dark here so bad light and such.

brazel

brazel

View attachment 769466 Not sure what your talking about when mentioning transplant shock. Here’s a shot of the male root base (from the bottom of the 7 gallon pot it went into on 12/28) I just trashed (the surprise male I had) it was “transplanted” 12/28/17, so all these roots grew in just 6 days. Sorry for the bad shot, it’s dark here so bad light and such.
Nice what size container was it in before the transplant. Yeah, you won't get transplant shock all the time. I use to transplant for years, sometimes I'd get transplant shock but a lot of times I didn't.

There's more benefits to planting straight in its final home, next grow try it with one of your plants and let me know your findings!
Happy growing

Dan789

Dan789

3 gallon fabric pot to 7 gallon plastic pot.
I’m experiencing seemingly the opposite with great growth which I noticed after the plants came out of their solo cups to the one gallon pots. Same thing when they were moved into those three gallon bags, and in that only one of them has turned out to me male and was destroyed, that’s how I got the view of the root mass in that pot.

zeNeTixGeNre

zeNeTixGeNre

Consider this roots shoot to the bottom of the container before the plant grows up top.
So the bigger the container the longer it takes for roots to establish
Get where I'm going here.

Transplanting seems most logical considering this
1) your not growing in beds
2) your not growing no till
3) you don't disturb your root ball drastically

Plus it's great to add some beneficials to your root ball for added growrh

That's my thinking

Dan789

Dan789

Word. So you have grown directly?
Do they come out of the 3 gallon fabric intact? Or do you cut the fabric pot off ?

Just one male! Nice
Just grab the sides of the bag, balance (the bag) on your knee, and pull the sides of the bag down, push up on bottom. Plant will push up like a popsicle. Roots hold everything together, place ball/plant into new pot.

brazel

brazel

Consider this roots shoot to the bottom of the container before the plant grows up top.

That's my thinking
When the taproot pops out, around seven days later you should have your first true leaves. Your taproot is probably around 4" and lateral roots have been growing.

I'd say they roots establish faster, I mean everytime you transplant the roots need to established in their new environment.

Yes on no till, I grow no till so my beneficials are already there.
IMO
It's good to share our ideas, thoughts and opinions(:
Happy Sunday!

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
So true, I have tried starting out in bigger pots but they take forever to really take off. Never seen transplant shock either.

brazel

brazel

This from mofo. 45 gallon sprout to harvest. water only
20180107 084755

I'm in the process of moving my grow, once I get it set up ill take pics of whole plant.
Mine I have now are just bud pics, I've posted them here.

Cheers

Thejoeybrown

Thejoeybrown

View attachment 769466 Not sure what your talking about when mentioning transplant shock. Here’s a shot of the male root base (from the bottom of the 7 gallon pot it went into on 12/28) I just trashed (the surprise male I had) it was “transplanted” 12/28/17, so all these roots grew in just 6 days. Sorry for the bad shot, it’s dark here so bad light and such.

That's my thinking
He said he is growing Auto no?
Common knowledge says not to transplant autos. Start them in their final pot. If it was a photo period plant I would not recommended starting in a big pot. I’ve done it and agree if you’re not doing no till, beds, then up pot

Top Bottom