I think I over dried my White Widow

• Thread starter Darkskywa1k3r
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Darkskywa1k3r

Darkskywa1k3r

I just finished up my first grow, 2 White Widow plants. I dried them for 1 week, average temperature in tent was 62°, average humidity 55%.
I trimmed them up and jarred them yesterday. It's been over 24 hours now, and humidity reading 52% in jar.
Did I over dry my plants? Also I tried some last night, it tasted awful, burnt taste really bad. Is that because it hasn't cured yet? It did get me high AF though.

Gmix

Gmix

Supporter
Firstly it takes longer than a week to dry.
So if they are dry and I do have my reservations they are you definitely rushed it but at them temps and that humidity I don’t think there dry

Second if you jar them up to early they will taste harsh and yeah they need a cure to bring out the flavours

You can buy some things called grove bags ( if I got the name right ) you put in jars to keep the humidity higher but I don’t use them myself so can’t comment on if there worthwhile

cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ fat colas
Supporter
Firstly it takes longer than a week to dry.
So if they are dry and I do have my reservations they are you definitely rushed it but at them temps and that humidity I don’t think there dry

Second if you jar them up to early they will taste harsh and yeah they need a cure to bring out the flavours

You can buy some things called grove bags ( if I got the name right ) you put in jars to keep the humidity higher but I don’t use them myself so can’t comment on if there worthwhile
It depends on a ton of factors, one for instance is how wet were they during chop? I've had plants take 2 weeks with big buds, that were watered right before chop and smaller nugs that were overdue for water at chop and they took 5 days and be a little too dry almost 🤷‍♂️
Just my 2 cents

Gmix

Gmix

Supporter
Ah right I did get the spelling wrong
There boveda packs you put in jars as said not tried then myself but I do read a lot use them

Newty

Newty

Grove Bags is correct but the bags themselves regulate humidity and you put the bud right in them.

Boveda packs you put into the jars, same concept except you need a container for the Boveda packs.

I've not used Grove Bags myself, just recently seen them on the forum and did some research. Boveda packs are definitely more expensive, idk which lasts longer though.

Top Bottom