i think im allergic

• Thread starter vaporedout
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
vaporedout

vaporedout

i can smoke, ingest, vaporize weed but when im in my garden and the buds rub up against my arm, i break out in hives where the buds touched me, kinda weird. anyone else??

420Gator

420Gator

i water by hand so halfway thru flower whenever im in there any exposed skin gets really sticky from the buds then itches a little but i dont break out. i do love smelling like that the rest of the day

HeadGrow

HeadGrow

I don't get hives but i'll get a rash. My skin doesn't like the raw crystals or whatever it is. My hands don't mind it so much but if a plant touches my neck or rubs on my arm a bunch the area will become irritated and sometimes a rash forms. I still don't like touching the plants ( I hate being sticky ) so when i clip or mess with them I either use latex gloves or leather garden gloves. When I'm cutting down a crop seems to be the time I end up getting the most weed rubbed all over me, so now I wear sweatshirts and try not to touch any of it with my bare skin. It makes me clothes smell so sweet :)

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
doesnt surprise me since THC is an irritant - dont trim and rub your eyes or better yet take a piss with THC on your fingers

its why gloves are king - that and its easier to get the hash off gloves then your skin

HeadGrow

HeadGrow

doesnt surprise me since THC is an irritant - dont trim and rub your eyes or better yet take a piss with THC on your fingers

its why gloves are king - that and its easier to get the hash off gloves then your skin

Oh man did i learn that the hard way a while back. hours into clipping with no gloves and i scratched the corner of my eye. I swore i started a fire in my eye ball; i flushed my eye with a lot of water and it still didn't go back to normal til the next day.

Dan Knuggs

Dan Knuggs

I always get itchy rashes when my skin touches my ladies..my arms and neck always seem to break out after Ive been workin with em..not like thats gonna keep me from farming! LOL

Dynamite

Dynamite

rash on my arms while working with the plants ,more so once into flower - I grow indoor trEES so it's hard to not have the plants smacking into you ..

While harvesting my sinuses get all messed up , eyes watering , sneezing -- for sure I am allergic , been indoor growing since I was 18 , am 35 now and every year it seems to progressively get worse , but the strains also get better ..:sick0018:

COCOLOCO

COCOLOCO

After years of mixing GH without gloves im now allergic to all things sulphate... Soaps, shampoos, nutes, etc.. Wear gloves when you mix nutes is the moral of the story..

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
After years of mixing GH without gloves im now allergic to all things sulphate... Soaps, shampoos, nutes, etc.. Wear gloves when you mix nutes is the moral of the story..

wow - very solid advice man

Str8Dank

Str8Dank

yeah walking through my jungle letting the buds rub aginst my skin also causes me to break out. i know lots of people this happens to. i think it is much more common then you think. i bugged out the first time it happened to me then when friends started reporting the same thing i realized it was pretty common.

F

FairyDust

Chances are that is likely to be a chemical or fertilizer used in the growing/treatment of the plant that causes this irritation, as if you are able to ingest it the chances are you are not allergic, although stomach acid may slightly break down the composition of said chemicals. Go figure, hey :)

Misterdirt

Misterdirt

This allergic reaction never occurred to me, because it never happened to me. I have had it happen when I brush by other plant species (like junipers).

Allergic reactions can change as you get older, too. I lost allergies to several things, but I also see some people develop allergies to things that never bothered them before. Sure hope I don't develop one to trichomes!

vaporedout

vaporedout

heres the thing, i was fucked up as a kid, allergic to everything, fruits, animals, weather, pain meds...... i did the allergy shot thing once a week but then when i turned about 22 all of them seemed to drop off, i have heard of THC allergies but i dont think i fall into that. and seeing as how im paranoid of bugs i go in my room practically naked :makeup which makes it harder to avoid buds. its just kinda cool to see so many people with similar situations.

Melvan

Melvan

If you're going to be trimming and handling the buds around harvest it might help alleviate the reaction if you take a MILD antihistamine before you get started.

vaporedout

vaporedout

If you're going to be trimming and handling the buds around harvest it might help alleviate the reaction if you take a MILD antihistamine before you get started.

i wear gloves then, not usually a prob. its mostly my forearms and legs that rub up against em.

PorchMonkey4Life

PorchMonkey4Life

while trimming ......my nose runs for several dayz and i go threw rolls of paper towels tell my nose is raw........like a faucet. liker dyno , but i get no contact irritation, just the hay fever or mowing grass effect

sky high

sky high

For my wife the allergic reaction seems to be strain specific. She helps me trim all the time, but if/when there's something in the garden that has Sour Diesel in it she instantly reacts....eyes watering/swelling...sinuses goin' nutz....etc. No other strain I've grown so far seems to set her off EXCEPT the Sour Deez and her crosses.

s h

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
Chances are that is likely to be a chemical or fertilizer used in the growing/treatment of the plant that causes this irritation, as if you are able to ingest it the chances are you are not allergic, although stomach acid may slightly break down the composition of said chemicals. Go figure, hey :)

chances are that THC is just an irritant and no chems are seeping out of the buds causing the reaction

if you were to eat thc raw chances are it would fuck with your stomach really bad

thc is the plants natural defense to keep animals from eating it

H

hemdigler

allergies

might be allergic to pollen... i get a runny nose and my buddies dog itches when he puts his girls into flowering..

Space Cab

Space Cab

I break out bad when I am in there, always make the mistake of not wearing shirt when in get or beginnig of flower and breakout everywhere. I also have eaten raw buds though with no ill effect. I do sneeze like crazy anytime I start smelling a lot of flowers(seems normal)

Top Bottom