I Think It Is Just Too Cold

• Thread starter oLd1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
oLd1

oLd1

I’ve been growing Autos in one corner of an add on doing just fine without a Tent.

Winter time they are dying. I told my wife I thought it was just too cold. She said it was because I left the Main Door open so the Dogs have access to the Doggie Door. I think the floor is just too cold.

Have a Tent across the room close to a heater. Temperature in it before Light comes on is 79F and plants are doing fine.

My Son had some Photos starting them in that one corner I moved them into the Tent.

oLd1

oLd1

oLd1

I’m wondering if I just put a Heat Pad over there will work or if air temperature will still be a problem.

It is in 70’s in the room. It is my Man Cave and I spend most my time in there.

I’m thinking the floor is just too cold.

oLd1

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I’m wondering if I just put a Heat Pad over there will work or if air temperature will still be a problem.

It is in 70’s in the room. It is my Man Cave and I spend most my time in there.

I’m thinking the floor is just too cold.

oLd1
You won't get much growth and you'll find it hard to go through water..If you can enclose the small area with panels to keep any heat generated by your light contained while lights are on. and get it up to 75 -76f and keep your root zone warm with the mat you'll get better growth. good air movement around the pots to help dry them out so your roots don't stay wet. My belief is when the plants are going though water they are doing good.....damp wet roots all the time bad..

GreenMtnGuru

GreenMtnGuru

Are your planters raised up off the floor Old1?

A plant riser plus a piece or two of 1” foam would be a good start.

Do you know your day/night temps in there? Autos and LEDs prob want to hover around your 79 mark you have in the other tent.

oLd1

oLd1

You won't get much growth and you'll find it hard to go through water..If you can enclose the small area with panels to keep any heat generated by your light contained while lights are on. and get it up to 75 -76f and keep your root zone warm with the mat you'll get better growth. good air movement around the pots to help dry them out so your roots don't stay wet. My belief is when the plants are going though water they are doing good.....damp wet roots all the time bad..
Yes I’m finding a little dry is much better.

oLd1

GreenMtnGuru

GreenMtnGuru

I grabbed a sweet oil-filled radiator from Lowe’s a couple years ago - digital thermostat, 3 wattage settings, etc. I think it was $80? Right around there.

Gets me through those chilly Jan/Feb nights for negligible costs in a 12x12 flower room. I bought two more (one for the clone room and one for our laundry room). I like that they do not wick the humidity out of the air as dramatically as other heaters.

oLd1

oLd1

My wife says we got a bunch of Heaters. This is where I have no Tent raising Autos. The floor is cold I put my House Shoes on.

oLd1

oLd1

oLd1

My Son said during cold months just use the Tent.

Going to use that area later to start my Garden stuff then try Autos again.

oLd1

SofaKingHigh

SofaKingHigh

If you can use the tent I would do that. I use my basement for grow room so cold concrete floor. I use pallets and a sheet of plastic to keep them off the floor plus makes my drain trays work even better.
4AF66B12 F855 492F BE41 88341360B9B9
B2E908CF 14A8 4E6A 8EA7 3F329173DE24

oLd1

oLd1

Tent is working fine. Thinking of turning the light up but got one plant lagging behind.

Running the light at 50%. Not sure if turning it up will help with Autos.

oLd1

oLd1

oLd1

Thinking of getting another Tent and putting it where it has been too cold, put a Heater in it.

I know Fireplace is close to Tent but it has been fine. I don’t want to do what my wife said move the Fireplace down and have Tent on each side but I think that will be too warm on both Tents.

Might do what she said Autos in one and Photos in the other.

oLd1

A5060B67 08B4 4F29 819A 7FD6DD4D1D0B
370AA3B9 CF4E 4F00 9F25 A669C1CFE1C5

Latest posts

Top Bottom