I think my plants are starting to 'smell'

• Thread starter PhoenixFlower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PhoenixFlower

PhoenixFlower

But here's the thing. They don't STINK, they actually smell pretty darn good. Like they're emitting a smell that I would describe as sweet, not skunky or stinky like is often described. I'm debating on returning this fan/filter combo I purchased cause I could get used to this.

Is this normal? Or will they eventually start to reek?

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Some strains are fruity, some are floral, some smell like cookies, etc. Then others smell like The Springfield Tire Fire is being doused with diesel fuel or a diaper full, produced by a baby who ate a jar of peanut butter.

But no matter the smell, if a grower caught a wiff of your grow, the grower would know you were growing.

TomH

TomH

The smell of some of my plants seems to evolve as the grow matures.
I've had plants start out sweet or lemony, go through chemical, diaper, perfume, etc.

It seems like an ever changing target.
And, what mysticepipedon mentions, people that know the smells, will know what's going on.

PhoenixFlower

PhoenixFlower

The smell of some of my plants seems to evolve as the grow matures.
I've had plants start out sweet or lemony, go through chemical, diaper, perfume, etc.

It seems like an ever changing target.
And, what mysticepipedon mentions, people that know the smells, will know what's going on.
What does the smell source from, the resin that's developing in or on the buds themselves?

TomH

TomH

What does the smell source from, the resin that's developing in or on the buds themselves?
PFM?

I presume it's the trichomes as they develop, they release their various aromas.
As the grow matures, trichomes at different levels of maturity release slightly different aroma profiles.
That's where the smell evolves, if I'm not mistaken in how the flowers develop.

This is all just my own guess, I could be way off!

Latest posts

Top Bottom