I think they're spider mites

• Thread starter GuySmiley
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GuySmiley

GuySmiley

Been battling these guys for weeks now. I've been picking them off & using fly paper to get the ones I can see. I know there's a natural predator for spider mites that is inline with my no pesticides grow. I don't want to invest the money in the bugs if what I have isn't spider mites.

Can anyone confirm my guess?

I think theyre spider mites

chemistry

chemistry

Sap suckers (Aphid), spray them with soapy water, they hate that. 🙂

Homesteader

Homesteader

You need to do a soap solution spray. They will blow up if you don't take care of them. Oil/soap/water. Spray the leaves not the buds. Wash off after about 10 minutes.

GuySmiley

GuySmiley

You need to do a soap solution spray. They will blow up if you don't take care of them. Oil/soap/water. Spray the leaves not the buds. Wash off after about 10 minutes.

Ok, will do. Thanks for the ID too. At least I know who my foe is now.

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Saves you the hassle of making your own and potentially messing up the recipe. I’ve seen people burn the shit outta their plants because they thought they did it right.. it’s safe up to harvest.

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
My first grow I had something eating my leaves. I sprayed it with this insecticide I got and after an hour my plants were fully droopy with shiny yellow leaves. After a day they were dead.
Here's my advice:
Use a store bought one that someone else has tried.
Spray 10 minutes before lights off.
Wash off a couple minutes later.

Homesteader

Homesteader

The soap is what kills the bugs, it stops them from being able to breath. the oil allows the soap to attach instead of just dropping off with the water. You need to spray warm water about ten minutes afterwards (probably would do so with the store bought too). Soap will shrivil up leaves because it clogs the stoma, thus the warm water flush down and the dead bugs fall off.
Buy thr store bought if you don't feel comfortable but if you want to make your own, I use 1 tablespoon of dawn dish soap, 1 tablespoon of veg oil and a gallon of water. Just make sure you douche it after with warm water. You have time but I would say five minutes if enough to kill the bugs then rinse

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
The soap is what kills the bugs, it stops them from being able to breath. the oil allows the soap to attach instead of just dropping off with the water. You need to spray warm water about ten minutes afterwards (probably would do so with the store bought too). Soap will shrivil up leaves because it clogs the stoma, thus the warm water flush down and the dead bugs fall off.
Buy thr store bought if you don't feel comfortable but if you want to make your own, I use 1 tablespoon of dawn dish soap, 1 tablespoon of veg oil and a gallon of water. Just make sure you douche it after with warm water. You have time but I would say five minutes if enough to kill the bugs then rinse
And the oil will act like a magnifying glass on the leaves which is why you need to do it before lights out.

Homesteader

Homesteader

Personally I never had any issues with it as long as you douche it after. You can always turn the lights off for a minute if your worried. I try to avoid moisture at night but probably wouldn't be an issue either way

GuySmiley

GuySmiley

I thought I had em under control with Manual removal/squishing them so I put off sprayying them down. I figured out the lower leaves that were yellow with brown areas were not that way due to PK feedings like I thought. The bad looking leaves had many aphids living on the underside. I mixed a 1/4 batch of soap, water, & oil for my 32 oz. Sprayer and made 2 rounds of spraying, then.2 rounds of a warm water rinse after a 10 minute wait. I turned my oscillating fan on high to dry things up as quickly as possible as I started spraying just after lights-on.

Oldschool61

Oldschool61

Been battling these guys for weeks now. I've been picking them off & using fly paper to get the ones I can see. I know there's a natural predator for spider mites that is inline with my no pesticides grow. I don't want to invest the money in the bugs if what I have isn't spider mites.

Can anyone confirm my guess?

View attachment 1075765
If you see webs that spider mites. I'm dealing with them now. I heard non-pest strips my hot shot looks like an air freshener I got two at Walmart for $13. Ones now in my bedroom one and flower room. The spray you showed I put that on first. I'm going to see how they work when lights come on.

Top Bottom