I think this is magnesium deficiency.

• Thread starter emanresu
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
emanresu

emanresu

I think my two fat banana auto plants have a bit of magnesium deficiency. Looking for second opinion before I give them cal mag. I stopped using it a few grows back. It consistently gave my plants magnesium burns. I have a lot of calcium and magnesium in my tap water, and it seemed to be enough until now.
I think this is magnesium deficiency

emanresu

emanresu

Eman,

Howdy. Can you send a pic of the entire plant
They look a little droopy, but that's from them being overly thirst. I just watered them today and they are coming out of that. It's 77 degrees in their closet. Humidity is a little high at 67. I have another dehumidifier coming. Mine crapped out on me. It's more towards the top half of the plant and it's not really that bad yet. It may be from the lights as well. I have them 20 inches above these two plants and they are hitting 900 on my light meter. Tips are burnt just slightly to. They way it's in the veins is what's making me think it could be mag deficiency.
IMG 20240416 055237011

IMG 20240416 055203333

G

GreenNotYellow

I'd say potassium deficiency, but can be magnesium too. Also check water ph

Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

I'm really leaning toward light burn. Light should be 30 inches above tops.
Although keeping an eye on the PH is a good plan, I do not believe your dealing with a Magnesium or Calcium issue.

You can clean up the tip burn easy enough with a good flush watering, She is far enough along that you can switch to a flowering mix, Flush water well with feed solution. At least 25% run off 50% would be better. This will get rid of the salt buildup causing the tip burn and re introduce fresh fertilizer at the same time. Be sure you let her dry out well before you water again.

Last edited:
R

RhastaBlasta

If not Ph then nutes, doe not look like light burn...magnesium, potassium or perhaps calcium

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
Nothing wrong with the nutes here toxicity wise
It’s not ph
So with really good leds these days, they cause the plants to go into mag over drive. The plant pulled all the mag from medium and went after the next source, your leaves. But im not sure it’s that bc it would have shown up sooner, if your lights settings have been where they are for a while.
Also when the plants go into flower, and your plant switches gears from veg, a mag deficiency will stop because the plant doesn’t really need that at that point. More cal issues show up in flower.

I think she is hungry for p&k

But also, how long have the lights setting been set this way? Since flip?

Last edited:
Top Bottom