i think this may be a zinc def? any ideas

• Thread starter wtjames
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
W

wtjames

2nd week of flower,i use pureblend in hydro, under a air cooled 1000 watt hps ppms are at 1000 or so,i also use calmag and hydroplex as of today,this is only showing up on my 3 tallest plants…any ideas would be greatly appreciated

Leaf defjpg
Skunkmasterflex

Skunkmasterflex

Premium Member
Supporter
looks like lack of N to me in this picture. calmag will probably fix this problem so it sounds like you are off to the right start them player. is this leaf off a plant in veg or bloom?

Skunkmasterflex

Skunkmasterflex

Premium Member
Supporter
PS.....if i had that going on id probably use some liquid karma and calmag, just my opinion though, im sure someone else may have a better idea

W

wtjames

its off a plant 2 weeks into bloom…and thanks for the reply..this is my first grow so i really wanna stay on top of it

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Need better picture as well as overall picture of the plant. How much CalMag are you using? How much of everything? Progression and speed of interveinal chlorosis? Where was the leaf you did picture located on the plant? (Older vs newer growth helps for Dx)

H

Holy Piby

Whats the flower period for your strain(s). seems alittle early for the Hydroplex might be causing some type of lock-out. I agree with a few farmers here that think the bloom enhancers have a sweet spot in the 3rd quarter of a strains flower period. On an 8 weeker weeks 5&6. on a 10 week 6 -8 week.

Another option is decrease the hydroplex to half of what you using then build it up to what level your are using at week 5.

D

doBpop

Need better picture as well as overall picture of the plant. How much CalMag are you using? How much of everything? Progression and speed of interveinal chlorosis? Where was the leaf you did picture located on the plant? (Older vs newer growth helps for Dx)
At top of plant - leaf in pics is first big fan.

Here are pics of the front and back of the leaf.
Just made these but it still looks the same as this AM.

Just discovered early this AM so not sure of the progression rate and they are sleeping now and can't see much of anything ATM with green light.

The yellowing was obviously obscured by the yellow tint of the HPS and went unnoticed for a bit.

PPM was at 705 (from 900 day b4) and brought back up to 1000 with 50/50 calmag and hydroplex right before noticed this problem just after midnight this AM.

Just started the hydroplex so that's why I said that wasn't the problem in the other post.

16th day into 7pm-7am 12/12.

SnapshotJPEG10102205
SnapshotJPEG10102206
D

doBpop

OK there has not been major changes with the condition described above. The new growth leaves in the buds are possibly 'thin' and twisted but too soon to tell yet.

Some of the petioles of the affected plants are turning purple.

Also, some plants that were NOT affected by the original condition have some petioles turning purple as well.

No camera for photos yet.

From what I can tell nitrogen deficiencies start from bottom leaves going up. This started from the tops. (new growth)

TIA ..... :cool:​

B

bluejay

Its a mag deficiency but you can not tell if its from lockout unless you PH the runoff..Flush very well then add epsom salts..

D

doBpop

Its a mag deficiency but you can not tell if its from lockout unless you PH the runoff..Flush very well then add epsom salts..
Thanks everyone for the responses.
Mag defs also start at bottom and go up right? Here again this is at the top going down.

Trying to keep the PH right at 5.5 to 6.0 at highest.

Thanks again for the help!

D

doBpop

How do you "PH the runoff" bluejay? Only just now caught that.

Thanks!

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
How do you "PH the runoff" bluejay? Only just now caught that.

Thanks!
Measure the pH of what comes out of the pots. I personally haven't found this to be a good method and have achieved nothing, fixed nothing, using it as a method to determine what direction to take.

Crysmatic

Crysmatic

pure blend is an additive! a weak one at that. you have to run it at much higher ppm (obvious from the deficiency). how much pure blend do you add? botanicare suggests 15-45 ml/usgal. make sure ph is in that range quoted above and raise ppm until they're happy. ime you should be [well] over 1300 ppm.

seamaiden: i used to measure run off, and over compensate to bring the soiless back to ideal. now i just run my preferred ec and ph and allow good run off. it seems to work better. canna tests the soil ph by testing the soil...not run off.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I do exactly that as well, Crys. There has been one instance to date where I had a weird thing happening, practically white growth on well-rooted new transplants, and I knew the coco was charged and that I was feeding at decent EC/pH levels, all within range. So I did a little searching and hit upon this method to test both parameters, I feel more accurately because I feel the results speak for themselves (i.e. I was able to solve the problem, even though I was following the guidelines you mention).

Take equal amounts of medium and 0ppm water, making sure to log pH prior to mixing (I use that PureWaterClub RO/DI 6-stage unit), mix and allow to settle for 5-10 minutes. Filter out the solids, then measure parameters.

I discovered that the coco I'd used to transplant had a very high EC and pH, likely from being allowed to dry out in between transplants. A good flush brought it back to very acceptable levels and the babies in question greened right back up and growth took off again, just like it should.

supercharged

supercharged

ive gota go with a mag def bro, i think it effects the middle growth 1st more so the fan leaves
or it cud b n def?

D

doBpop

Thanks everyone!

So best way to add N and Mg other than calmag? Epsom salts? Or not? Or what LOL!

Remember it's ebb n flow. 4'x4' trays - 60 gal res - 15mins on every 3hrs light and zero dark.
20 days into 12/12.

Thanks again!​

D

doBpop

More info:
PPM down to 850-+ and 5.5-6.0 PH today. (in dark)
6"x6" square with viastone
20 days into 12/12

They seem to be drinking a bunch but not using much nutes.
Only down like 150 in two days.

Thanks again for the help!

EDIT: 01:16 EDT 10/27/2010
I made a new post around 10:00PM (3 hr ago) with new info and a bunch of images but it hasn't been 'approved' yet.
How long does it usually take?

D

doBpop

More info:
Added to last post while waiting on this one to be approved.
EDIT: 08:24 EST 10/27/2010

Latest posts

Top Bottom