I this 100w light enough

• Thread starter Educatedbystoned
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
E

Educatedbystoned

The light is really small and possibly 3 fit in my 2x2 but a fire was mention so I rather just fit 2, my environment is 75-80f and humidity is 55-60 ish. Goes up and down a little not much though.

No air scrubber or filter atm, budget grow. Has 2 fans, one at the bottom and one big one at the top that expels air out. I will get some sort of filter before flowering due to smell

I don’t think I’ll need humidifier since my outside humidity is a constant 70-80% from where I’m from

I don’t know anything about par, I just know that the light claims it doesn’t produce unusable light

This is a budget indoor grow in testing for my closet. The budget so far is about $300 everything included

Stokes

Stokes

The light is really small and possibly 3 fit in my 2x2 but a fire was mention so I rather just fit 2, my environment is 75-80f and humidity is 55-60 ish. Goes up and down a little not much though.

No air scrubber or filter atm, budget grow. Has 2 fans, one at the bottom and one big one at the top that expels air out. I will get some sort of filter before flowering due to smell

I don’t think I’ll need humidifier since my outside humidity is a constant 70-80% from where I’m from

I don’t know anything about par, I just know that the light claims it doesn’t produce unusable light

This is a budget indoor grow in testing for my closet. The budget so far is about $300 everything included

This is what a 5 gallon plant looks like in a 2x2 after the flower stretch

Your light isnt your biggest constraint right now, its your tent size

IMG 0228
IMG 2324
IMG 5796

Docgrows

Docgrows

You can get by without humidifier if it stays on the high side there, but you will need to lower that going thru veg and especially into flower. I understand the budget part but you have to have a bare minimum of equipment to be successful at growing. A dehumidifier will be a must. If this grow is a test, mabey consider using what you have , buying only what you have to, and start thinking about the closet when you buy new equipment, how big is the prospective grow closet?

ChuckFinnl3y

ChuckFinnl3y

If your on Budget and got an android phone get the Photone App from Playstore, its on Ios aswell but needs a sheet of white paper (specific one at best iirc) to be precise.
Then check how much ppfd your plant needs in the given stage and compare that to your Reading from the App. It wont be 100% precise but precise enough for most uses, and def. will let you know how far that light will get you through the grow in your enviroment.

No need to step far into it just check for recommended Ppfd for Cannabis in the phase your in, loosly put its just the Light energy available for the plant.
Remeber to check the corners aswell and not just directly under the Light, and might play with the height of the Light aswell.

And as other have said, keep your enviroment in mind aswell, i totally get the budget aspect but with less light you prob still get by and just not getting much out of it but if the High Humidity screws you over in Flower you might loose everything and "wasted" the energy you put in aswell as the power costs/bill accumulated over the months.

With the tight space it will prob get tricky anyway, if the budget doesnt allow it i would say rather invest in a dehumid and Air circulation and put a few more outside so you can get by with the Light your using.

7munkee

7munkee

Wheres your air scrubber? How much load can the frame safely hold in the 2x2? Would air adequately be able to vent out of the tent?

A light is only part of the battle, alot of growers fail because they cant control their environment. You do you tho
Room depending. My tent sits open in my bedroom until lights off. Me and my old dog hang out in there all day and just our breathing raises co2 to 900ppm. No extraction, no humidifier. Only a couple fans. If you're comfortable, the plant is comfortable.
BananaDaddyDay43
IMG 20230506 225056

ChuckFinnl3y

ChuckFinnl3y

Just as an Idea, also might be worth reconsidering your Photo/Auto Setup.
If you only keep your Autos inside youll have to wait for them to do their thing even if they outgrew their room without having tranistioned to flower yet where even more stretch will occour. With the Photo you could atleast somewhat eyeballing it

Stokes

Stokes

Room depending. My tent sits open in my bedroom until lights off. Me and my old dog hang out in there all day and just our breathing raises co2 to 900ppm. No extraction, no humidifier. Only a couple fans. If you're comfortable, the plant is comfortable.View attachment 2173322View attachment 2173323
Do you have central air? Tent door open is huge. I dont think most people would want to stink up their house lol. Cool about the co2 from your respiration. I was considering putting a carboy in the tent and fermenting anything for the co2, just as an experiment

I post assuming that most people live in a prohibition area.

7munkee

7munkee

Do you have central air? Tent door open is huge. I dont think most people would want to stink up their house lol. Cool about the co2 from your respiration. I was considering putting a carboy in the tent and fermenting anything for the co2, just as an experiment

I post assuming that most people live in a prohibition area.
I do live in prohibition land, and I don't care. We are a 'no home-grow medical only state'. If they want to lock this old man in a cage for growing his own rheumatism medicine, then I will politicly destroy them.

That being said, I do stick to low odor strains.

Galgrows

Galgrows

Room depending. My tent sits open in my bedroom until lights off. Me and my old dog hang out in there all day and just our breathing raises co2 to 900ppm. No extraction, no humidifier. Only a couple fans. If you're comfortable, the plant is comfortable.View attachment 2173322View attachment 2173323
I grow the exact same way except i don't sleep in the same room LOL. But i don't have no exhaust or humidifier been growing this way for 7yrs indoor. Just have a fan outside the tent door oscillating air around and i work in the same room so yeah it gets all my bad breath too plus my dogs!! I love the taste and strength of my homegrown, i'm low budget non techie but have a very good light.

E

Educatedbystoned

I grow the exact same way except i don't sleep in the same room LOL. But i don't have no exhaust or humidifier been growing this way for 7yrs indoor. Just have a fan outside the tent door oscillating air around and i work in the same room so yeah it gets all my bad breath too plus my dogs!! I love the taste and strength of my homegrown, i'm low budget non techie but have a very good light.
What light do you run? How many watts? I just ordered another 100w light as recommended by some others

ChuckFinnl3y

ChuckFinnl3y

For the fire mentioned there are 2 causes that could cause it, doesnt matter if its one Big light or 3 small ones.

The one thing that happens the most is a combination of the two.

-"Cheap" China Lights non branded for the most part that have faulty connections and starting to melt at some point with the potential of causing a fire.

- Extreme excess Heat thats not vented outside or circulated and left to accumulate over time kinda leads to the problem over time as the faulty connections.

If you have a decent/well known brand with good Drivers and have a fan circulating the air above the Light you almost can eliminate the fire hazard caused by the Lights.

7munkee

7munkee

I hear ya. I bought a 300 watt for $350 and its PERFECT for my 3x3. I still have 4 100-watt lights, 2 Atreum and 2 no name blurple things. that I dont use.
The rest of my everyday gear doesnt add up to $300. I did pay $250 for a premium Apera pH meter in case I want to try hydro someday. And I bought a quantum ppfd meter that I cant use. I pulled the wires out somehow and I'm not sure what order to solder them back in.

And I got a real cheap Dulytek dab press that my kids use a lot.

And a set of Bubble Dude Bags.

Damn I got more than I thought into my 'hobby'

Latest posts

Top Bottom