I thought it was a cal mag problem

• Thread starter Pzero9
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Pzero9

Pzero9

My plants are doing something. Everything led me to cal mag problem. New to this so any help would be great. Thanks in advance.
Kokobop
It’s PhD 6.2
Light feeding with big bloom and grow big fox farms
I haven’t put my growers choice 630w on them yet. Just using my sf1000 for veg

I thought it was a cal mag problem
Pzero9

Pzero9

The led doesn’t put off enough heat. So I’m going to add my 630 and set it on the lowest setting

Pzero9

Pzero9

I started them in a small rock wool cube. Then put them in the pots. They have been in those 2 weeks.

Pzero9

Pzero9

I’m feeding low doses every other day. And a lil water the off days.

SadBadGrower

SadBadGrower

I personally don't grow in coco.....but it really looks like watering is your problem here. Give it a little to allow the coco growers here to guide you.

02trueblue

02trueblue

Yeah over-watering looks like the main issue. Is the coco still wet on top when you water again? When transplanting clones from 2x2 cubes to 1gal pots... I wait about a week after transplanting before watering. I let the coco dry out a bit (only the first time or two after transplanting). It keeps the plants from getting overwatered, and it makes the roots search for water. After that, I just wait until the top inch or two starts showing signs of drying out. You don't want to soak an already saturated pot of coco. Space your waterings out by at least another day or two, for now. Once the plants grow and start drinking more - you'll know... then you can increase the watering frequency.

Also, never ever give plain water to coco. Use nutrients every single feeding, or else you're just asking for problems.
Keep your pH at 6.0

Cal-mag is not the issue here, i promise you that.

SadBadGrower

SadBadGrower

Looks like the roots aren't getting enough oxygen....Any foul smells coming from it?

dire wolf

dire wolf

Chemdog 91 arent good swimmers .... are they Chemdog 91 ? Or does 91 stand for something else ?

Pzero9

Pzero9

Yeah over-watering looks like the main issue. Is the coco still wet on top when you water again? When transplanting clones from 2x2 cubes to 1gal pots... I wait about a week after transplanting before watering. I let the coco dry out a bit (only the first time or two after transplanting). It keeps the plants from getting overwatered, and it makes the roots search for water. After that, I just wait until the top inch or two starts showing signs of drying out. You don't want to soak an already saturated pot of coco. Space your waterings out by at least another day or two, for now. Once the plants grow and start drinking more - you'll know... then you can increase the watering frequency.

Also, never ever give plain water to coco. Use nutrients every single feeding, or else you're just asking for problems.
Keep your pH at 6.0

Cal-mag is not the issue here, i promise you that.
Will do and thank you for your information

fatconeskills

fatconeskills

Ph lockout which is giving you all the deficiencies. COCO is a bitch, and I'm slowly learning as I go along, you must never let your coco dry or the issues will get worse as the ph will shift dramatically. Even if you're giving ph'd water doesn't mean your medium ph is going to be the same. Water daily with runoff with your feedshedule. The symptoms of lockout will give you a multitude of issue to look for, you cannot overwater. So I have to ask, coco brand ? If it came from a block, most likely it was salts, so if you didn't was your coco, so you're already at a very high ec. You want the coco to be as natural as possible, keep in mind its almost sterile like with some phosphorus, but other than that, you're going to need cal mag for coco esp with led. YOU DO NOT NEED TO INTRODUCE NEW LIGHT, IT WILL STRESS THEM OUT EVEN MORE. Flush with light nutrient feed, go to the bathtub, 3xpot size worth of phd water, or you could just flush with 3 gallons and see how that works if a flush is too invasive for you. Keep checking runoff ppm and ph, if you don't have a ppm meter, get one, but for now, make sure the ph going in is the same going out. Once the droops is over, you will see newer vigorous growth. Once plants have fully recovered you can introduce new light, but feed regiment must be adjusted for increase wattage. I cannot stress this enough, and sorry for the rant. Coco is not soil, unless amended. COCO is hydroponic, you cannot drown a plant in DWC, but you could suffocate is with lack of oxygenated fertigation. The more you water, the more the oxygen, the more stable the medium ph is. Don't treat coco like soil if it is not amended. Again, sorry for the rant, I hadn't smoked a spliff till a couple min ago.

fatconeskills

fatconeskills

Also I may add. There may be root issues, which are caused by stagnation of the feedings you're giving. When no runoff is happening, you're not refreshing the medium, but just adding more moisture to an anaerobic environment which will cause destructive bacteria growth. I have used hydrogen peroxide in my fertigation as a means to resave this, but have little to no information as to how much it helped. Greatwhite with my feedings helps me get some good fungus going at the roots.

fatconeskills

fatconeskills

You can easily reverse this. Notice medium is bone dry, but still looks overwatered. Thats because its a ph lockout. 30 days later with 1-2 feeding per day.

IMG 20200127 221416
IMG 8331

Latest posts

Top Bottom