I Wanna grow Himalayan Gold

• Thread starter caregiverken
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

SLO Grown

I have seen this plant first hand in Nepal. Nepal x North India, we were on a treck in the Mountains and ran accross a Hash farmer who had plenty of seeds. He shared a few and off we went. Had that starin for about 5 years then lost it (83-88). I here Greenhouse Seeds has a feminized version. But, really need to go to the region to get the real Landrace version. These hybrids can suck....Especially feminized. Try and find a non-feminized if you are going to buy on line. But who knows what you will get?????

S

smackramento916

I also want to see this plant in action it looks pretty good. Where would you get it though.?

S

SourPatchSwag

can u still

can u still go to the areas and get lanraces or is that super impossible now?

S

SLO Grown

Yes you can, but it can be a challenging treck. Folks do it all the time. The serious breeder "start" with landrace to ensure the correct Pheno.....What we often see for sale is many Imitation of the original landrace. Hence, poor imitation called what ever "they" want. We buy it and support their nutty "fake" product. Nothing like the original to start a great strain. But it's a lot of work! Lots of growing and selecting, takes years to get it right. Most folks do not have the self-discipline. And most online breeders just want to make a $.

For instance, some who have even been banned form this sight.....

can u still go to the areas and get lanraces or is that super impossible now?

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
thanks for the replies

I have been meaning to update this thread.....

My wife put a wanted add on craigslist and we got 7 femed Himalayan gold seeds that same day. Totally blew my mind,

and they were Free. The guy didn't want any money for them
But We gave the guys some clones of the strains we were growing

all of them sprouted with in just a few days

Very different looking plant than the other strains we are growing

Cant wait to try it. Spose to be faster to finish than most

They sure grow fast!

Hymgold
Hymgold2
johnursery

johnursery

i grew some of greenhouse's himalayan gold's and they were supurb! i hope yours turn out good for you

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
looks like some old school herb to me - good luck with it bro

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Thanks ML
that's what I was thinkin too...

Old school may be making a comeback :)

johnursery

johnursery

just be carefull on the height on them if they were anything like mine they keep stretching even while flowering, huge tops though watch out for mold there deceptively dense for plants with moderate internodal stretch...out of all the strains i had when i had a full bicept tear it was the himalayan gold that relaxed the muscles and numbed me up the best, even better than the extreme indica i was growing from female seeds which was a very couchlock indica, but the him gold wasnt as down or foggy as i wouldve expected for so much body buzz...hope you enjoy and theres no school like the old school :)

G

Gr8 Grandma

Hey caregiverken, I am new to this forum, but not to growing. I planted HG in March and the two plants are hugh, 11 feet high and healthy as heck, but there is is no evidence of flowering yet, I suppose it will flower when the days get shorter. I am currently beginning to harvest my other strains and I have never run into a strain like HG. Also, my plants look basically like yours except that mine look like their on steroids. So what is your take on this strain?? Will it ever go into flower??

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Thanks John

My wife is an artist and she is often in a lot of pain from Fibromyalgia.

Im hoping this will be a good daytime med for her.

from what I have read this is spose to finish at the end of sept.

But they haven't even started to flower yet...I don't see them finishing in sept.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
update

well.......

One of them started to flower

lol

:banana1sv6:

Hym male
caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
what should I cross it with??

anyone?

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Hey caregiverken, I am new to this forum, but not to growing. I planted HG in March and the two plants are hugh, 11 feet high and healthy as heck, but there is is no evidence of flowering yet, I suppose it will flower when the days get shorter. I am currently beginning to harvest my other strains and I have never run into a strain like HG. Also, my plants look basically like yours except that mine look like their on steroids. So what is your take on this strain?? Will it ever go into flower??

Hi Grandma! I missed that post...hope your still reading here.

Ours finally started to bloom They do grow super fast and big!

I don't know what to think...Hope its good to smoke :)

Here is what some clones did in 45 days

45 days ago

163179d1312993246t-too-late-newbed.jpg.att

now
172048d1316918272t-too-late-latebed9_24.jpg.att

S

Skunkenstein

Your Plants Look ''Very Sativa'' too Me..You might be in for a Long Wait.The Himalayan Gold Plants are Huge, with very Large Indica Type Leafs, and would be very close to Finishing-Up by now.Just keep up the good work..all outdoor weed is Special IMO.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
I just smoked some Himalayan Gold again (it had been a while)

It's really hard to believe that it is "mostly indica" like everything I read..

It's great daytime buzz...very uplifting and energetic
(just like last time I smoked it)

Great lemon/tangerine smell and taste :)

HimGold.jpg

Great Hybrid...and I crossed it with everything i had
icon10.gif
, Bubba, Greencrack,Sour Tsunami, Harlequin,and Jillybean

The Bubba Gold is gonna be the 1st one tested

BG_6again.jpg

Im gonna go smoke more Him Gold and do some stuff

Have a good day!! :)

Top Bottom