I Want My $$$$ Back

• Thread starter putembk
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
putembk

putembk

Last week I was on my daily afternoon hike in S Jefferson County and I saw a plume of smoke and thought holly shit a fire!! It looked to be coming from the same area that has been devastated by two other fires in the last few years.

I finished my hike and looked on the computer and found out it was only a controlled burn being done by the forest service. I remember thinking at the time that it seemed stupid to burn anything as dry as it has been.

Well sure enough yesterday my house was consumed by smoke and ash from a fire in the exact same area. Come to find out this fire was started by smoldering ashes from the controlled burn the week before.

WTF is going on?? The forest service??? This is the second time our government employees have started a fire in the same area. Terry Barton, a forest service employee, set the first one on purpose and now this careless mistake by not extinguishing a fire they set themselves.

Those poor people that live there are now enduring this yet again. If you have driven from Pine east toward Deckers recently you know what I mean, the place looks like a barren planet. And the place smells like ashes.

I wonder how much these careless mistakes are costing us in taxes. We have to pay to put these fires out! That's not even considering what it is going to cost to rebuild the structures, repair the forests and clean out our water supply.

Ironically Waterton Canyon is just reopening after being closed for the last two years to dredge out Stroncia Springs Resevoir caused by ash and soot from the first two fires. How much do you think that cost? Now there is a law suit pending because the contractor didn't complete the job. How much is that going to cost?

Here is my point. We, the taxpayer are footing the bill for these careless mistakes committed by the government employees. I don't think we are getting the protection our tax dollars are paying for. Two of the three fires in this area were started by the agency that is paid to protect us. AMAZING!!

Since the job wasn't done right I WANT MY MONEY BACK!!!

putembk

putembk

Good luck let me know when that refund hits Ill buy ya a beer.
The really sad thing is, If I took my car in for repair work and they screwed up this bad I could probably get some satisfaction though our legal system. But if our wonderful government makes a mistake we just pay for it and are expected to keep quiet. The old saying "You Can't Sue City Hall" seems to be more true now than ever.

Bud Spleefman

Bud Spleefman

Premium Member
Supporter
Terry Barton got 10 years in Federal Prison for the Hayman Fire.
I can see this new fire pretty clearly, it's scary, and completely uncontained. I will worry about who to blame later, right now, THEY NEED TO GET THE THING UNDER CONTROL! WTF, it's only the middle of March! We still have snow on the ground here, but now the fire is in the trees, so that won't help.

Bud Spleefman

Bud Spleefman

Premium Member
Supporter
You do know someone died last night, right? 20 houses burned!

sky high

sky high

W hen I moved here 30 years ago (and when i came here as a kid) there were "cabins" strewn throughout the woods/foothills above Denver....but nothing like the gated suburban sprawl that currently adorns the area. Definitely a recipe for disaster. 2002 was bad but this year is even drier. In 2002 the pine beetles were just getting goin'. Now most of the forest is dry/dead timber. Not good.

In 22 years I've never seen my yard uncovered...and dry...this early. It's gonna be a long fire season, for sure...

be safe, all.

s h

putembk

putembk

I just looked at the fire perimeter and now they estimate the fire to be at 3050 acres. There is no containment and this fricken thing is right above Roxborough Park. I have never been this close to a out of control forest fire. Kind of scary.

Hrpuffnstuff

Hrpuffnstuff

Last week I was on my daily afternoon hike in S Jefferson County and I saw a plume of smoke and thought holly shit a fire!! It looked to be coming from the same area that has been devastated by two other fires in the last few years.

I finished my hike and looked on the computer and found out it was only a controlled burn being done by the forest service. I remember thinking at the time that it seemed stupid to burn anything as dry as it has been.

Well sure enough yesterday my house was consumed by smoke and ash from a fire in the exact same area. Come to find out this fire was started by smoldering ashes from the controlled burn the week before.

WTF is going on?? The forest service??? This is the second time our government employees have started a fire in the same area. Terry Barton, a forest service employee, set the first one on purpose and now this careless mistake by not extinguishing a fire they set themselves.

Those poor people that live there are now enduring this yet again. If you have driven from Pine east toward Deckers recently you know what I mean, the place looks like a barren planet. And the place smells like ashes.

I wonder how much these careless mistakes are costing us in taxes. We have to pay to put these fires out! That's not even considering what it is going to cost to rebuild the structures, repair the forests and clean out our water supply.

Ironically Waterton Canyon is just reopening after being closed for the last two years to dredge out Stroncia Springs Resevoir caused by ash and soot from the first two fires. How much do you think that cost? Now there is a law suit pending because the contractor didn't complete the job. How much is that going to cost?

Here is my point. We, the taxpayer are footing the bill for these careless mistakes committed by the government employees. I don't think we are getting the protection our tax dollars are paying for. Two of the three fires in this area were started by the agency that is paid to protect us. AMAZING!!

Since the job wasn't done right I WANT MY MONEY BACK!!!

In So Ca the FS will burn area's and say it got out of control to take land from people who live in imminent domains....
they have the IQ of a Goat

K

kolah

Stupid sonsabitches and their controlled burns.

After they killed folks NOW they issue a federal and state ban on all "controlled" burns. Sue everyone last one of the jackasses who are responsible.

Dz1PnK

Dz1PnK

in socal all the major fires are strated by fire servicemen looking to drum up some business

SodaLicious

SodaLicious

The really sad thing is, If I took my car in for repair work and they screwed up this bad I could probably get some satisfaction though our legal system. But if our wonderful government makes a mistake we just pay for it and are expected to keep quiet. The old saying "You Can't Sue City Hall" seems to be more true now than ever.

All I can say is, Baaaaaa Baaaaaaa Baaaaa Baaaaa. After all the flock does follow the shepard.

Top Bottom