I Want The Best Lights In The World!!

• Thread starter PassTheJ
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
I went with the hlg550s myself,i got 2 of them for the price of 1 fluence.I could have went fluence but i figured 2 hlgs would kick ass on 1 fluence for the same price.I think fluence is a little hyped myself,they both use samsung diodes and probably similar drivers but ones twice the price?I dont see what makes one worth double besides the hype.
that's a valid point........

Freshone

Freshone

Agreed but i didnt have the time to build them and didnt want to wait,next time ill order a kit,these things are so simple its rediculous.

Leew421

Leew421

That hlg550 is 510 watts and said to be used 18-28 inches over canopy. Spydrx plus is 660 and is rated to be 6 inches above canopy. In all honesty it's what light fits your style of grow in the end. What I like about Fluence is their customer service. The fact if I have a bracket from my bar crack for whatever reason they send me new ones asap, free. They will talk very open about your grow with you and help you dial in. For me it's not just the lights, but the company as a whole. If I ever have any issues with my light, its backed up by warranty and an incredible company.

Leew421

Leew421

You also need to look at layout and design of the whole fixture not just output. The spydr lights domt get as extreme on heat because of the fins designed into them. The fact that all the ballast and everything is in a separated away from each other.

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
I went with the hlg550s myself,i got 2 of them for the price of 1 fluence.I could have went fluence but i figured 2 hlgs would kick ass on 1 fluence for the same price.I think fluence is a little hyped myself,they both use samsung diodes and probably similar drivers but ones twice the price?I dont see what makes one worth double besides the hype.
Well said, i looked at spyder light also but they are twice the price as quantum boards using the same diodes. Super happy with my quantum boards, and how they put off hardly any heat.

Freshone

Freshone

Customer service with HLG is said to be great also.Fluence is good im sure but the price for what you get is highest in the industry for the same diodes and ballast.I dont beleive the hlg would run any hotter because their not layed out in bars.Just like anything else you take the high bid and the low bid and throw them out and what your left with is almost always the best bargain for the dollar.
Out of curiousity does fluence do sphere tests?that would tell the tale 100% right there as far as output.I would be very curious to see the results,the guy from plc(iirc)always says no sphere test then GTFO because its all just talk until you have the proof.
Im new to LED lights,wasnt a beleiver AT ALL until the cobs and boards showed up and i havent even used my 550s yet(sitting in boxes in my shop still lol)so im no expert on led performance but i when one company wants double for essentially the same thing i question that unless you can prove to me its advantagious.

H

heisen

The bottom line is you can build a light to match the footprint and the wattage you need.no other way to do it with a pre made light.usually with pre made lights the fixtures are small and all the good light is focused in a small footprint.
Rapid led sells cob kits ready to go all you have to do is build the frames.thats the beauty of building your own frames.take your grow space and place them how you want and need to get a nice footprint.
Pre made light fixtures suck unless you go with gravitas.

H

heisen

Where are you gonna find a fixture like this?
This is 24 plant totes about to get fired up in dwc.ill run them like this than they all get moved.i can arrange the frames any way I want.put three together over a 4x5 or run 2 down 10 feet of totes for fresh cuts.

20180405 003606

H

heisen

I'm About to run 24 plants.using LED,HPS and cmh.gonna do a side by side grow off and see how it turns out.
Will be a 4x5 of cob LED 750 watts
A 4x10 of HPS 2000 watts
And a 4x5 of CMH 630 watts.
I' gonna run them all the same time and compare the results.

Polar510

Polar510

Looking forward to all the planning and construction of a bigger room one day. Right now just in the ol trusty 3x3.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
That hlg550 is 510 watts and said to be used 18-28 inches over canopy. Spydrx plus is 660 and is rated to be 6 inches above canopy. In all honesty it's what light fits your style of grow in the end. What I like about Fluence is their customer service. The fact if I have a bracket from my bar crack for whatever reason they send me new ones asap, free. They will talk very open about your grow with you and help you dial in. For me it's not just the lights, but the company as a whole. If I ever have any issues with my light, its backed up by warranty and an incredible company.
And with the piss poor customer service in America or anywhere for that matter a company that really gives a hoot is worth their weight in gold........ In closing, for the prices they command they should be on top of their game...........

K

kansabis

Looking forward to all the planning and construction of a bigger room one day. Right now just in the ol trusty 3x3.
I hear that,I went from a 4x4 to a 2x2 and now just recently added a 20inx36in,I'd kill for a basement or some kinda space to build out.

Top Bottom