I want to be more organic/healthy

• Thread starter organikn8
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
O

organikn8

First ill say i didnt even see this forum where i could and should have probably made some posts, but ok here i go

I grow medicinally for myself legally in canada, its taken awhile to seem to get a good grip on growing overall but now im seeming to have great success.

with that being said I use , pro-mix pro , medi-one,molasses,growzyme

I also add kelp meal and bat guano in flower and bone meal in veg

Im always looking to improve my medicine especially for health reasons as ive quit smokin cigarettes and love my volcanoe

Thanks in advance everyone

O

organikn8

I have used worm castings but I didnt really notice a difference but i made not have used enough

Hermitian

Hermitian

Here's a soil mix I like for Cannabis and other annual flower crops:
  • 2 parts Canadian sphagnum peat moss (ground, not raw).
  • 2 parts screened, cured compost.
  • 1 part horticultural sand. You get this from a rock quarry, its everything (including the dust) that passes through the 3/16 inch "screen".
  • 2 parts #3 perlite or 1/2-inch light pumice.
  • a small amount (a cup or two per cubic yard) of fresh screened worm castings.
That is the base. Granular nutrients are added to the soil surface (not mixed or dug in) about once per month and covered with an inch or two of coarse mulch (1/2 to 1 inch diameter). The mulch keeps the soil surface from drying out to fast and since it is coarse, it also provides an environment for aerobic microbe activity at the soil surface. If you are using water-soluble nutrients instead of granular, that's ok too -- but be sure to keep the mulch layer intact.

OctoberDee

OctoberDee

Here's a soil mix I like for Cannabis and other annual flower crops:
  • 2 parts Canadian sphagnum peat moss (ground, not raw).
  • 2 parts screened, cured compost.
  • 1 part horticultural sand. You get this from a rock quarry, its everything (including the dust) that passes through the 3/16 inch "screen".
  • 2 parts #3 perlite or 1/2-inch light pumice.
  • a small amount (a cup or two per cubic yard) of fresh screened worm castings.
With that much peat won't you need some dolomitic lime?

Hermitian

Hermitian

With that much peat won't you need some dolomitic lime?

Soil pH is mainly a function of irrigation water pH and nutrients pH. That mixture is typically near pH = 6. My water supply has a pH of 7.05 so I use buffered nutrients. The overall pH is about 6.2.

If your water supply is acidic then using ground coir instead of peat moss is a great idea.

O

organikn8

What else can i top dress my soil with other than guano , kelp meal and blood meal in nitro

BiGGinZ

BiGGinZ

Here is a super basic base mix:

1 Part Organic Potting Soil (Like FFOF)
1 Part Worm Castings
1 Part Perlite

BiGGinZ

BiGGinZ

The best thing to do if you want the best organic meds is to cook a soil mix ahead of time adding into the mix things like Kelp Meal, Bone Meal, Soft Rock Phosphate, Bird or Bat Guano's (I like the Balanced Bird guanos), Blood Meal, Gypsum, Dolomite lime, Feather Meal, Crushed Oyster Shells, Steer Manure, I like the Organicare Pure Grow and Bloom granular, Bulb Food, off the top of my head those are some great additives to your soil mix.

BiGGinZ

The HC

The HC

1 part urine
9 or more parts water.

As well as compost tea.

Make the compost yourself if you can with your green waste.

The HC

The HC

As long as you don't have TB or AIDS, it can even/ should be your own.

jean2

jean2

After several failures due to bad manure sources, I now use the following recipe. Results have been excellent and the clones seem to take off right away instead of having a slow growing settling in period.

1 Bale sunshine mix #2 or promix (3.8 cu ft)
8 cups Bone Meal - phosphorus source
4 cups Blood Meal - nitrogen source
1 1/3 cups Epsom salts - magnesium source
3-4 cups dolmite lime -calcium source & pH buffering
1 tsp fritted trace elements
4 cups kelp meal.
9kg (25 lbs) bag pure worm castings

Mix thoroughly, moisten, and let sit 1-2 weeks before use. :harvest:

K

kolah

Next year I plan to use the Super Soil mix....and General Organic nutes, if needed. But I am hoping to build my soil to avoid using liquid nutrients....and focus on strains that respond well to the mix. Just add water. :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom