I want to change the time my light cycle starts when I flip to flower

• Thread starter thedubside
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
thedubside

thedubside

my current 18/6 cycle lights go off at midnight, and come on at 6 am.

I want the 12/12 cycle to start lights on at 6am instead of 12 noon.

would it be ok to cut the last light cycle short, and turn them off at 6pm so they come back on at 6am and start the new cycle. or would it better to keep them in darkness until 6 am rolls around the next day, meaning theyd get 30 hours of darkness then start the 12/12 cycle?

would appreciate some advice, thanks

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
I would give them no light for 24 hrs then start them off at 6 am as you want to flip them better way to go than just start them at the time you stated Regards Od .

HydroOrganicFla

HydroOrganicFla

30 hours of darkness.

No big deal. Many growers put their plants in darkness for 24-48 hours when transitioning to 12.12 for the first time.

Note that you can only do this once when you first flip to 12/12.

Changing up times after the initial change to 12/12 is not recommended.

thedubside

thedubside

thanks guys. I'll do longer darkness.

i need to use a heater and I turn it up before i go to work, which is usually before 6am so i use the light of my phone over the radiator so i can see what im doing. is it more important not to let ANY light in when in the 12/12? would only be within an hour of the light going on anyway.

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
thanks guys. I'll do longer darkness.

i need to use a heater and I turn it up before i go to work, which is usually before 6am so i use the light of my phone over the radiator so i can see what im doing. is it more important not to let ANY light in when in the 12/12? would only be within an hour of the light going on anyway.
Put your heater on a timer I have mine coming on a hour before lights go out so there’s no big heat loss as the lights go out . Od .

thedubside

thedubside

Put your heater on a timer I have mine coming on a hour before lights go out so there’s no big heat loss as the lights go out . Od .

I would, but....

I need to turn the dial so it's slightly colder at night, then back up again for day - it's an oil heater, and I've read stories of the plug getting dangerously hot whn plugged into a timer. and it has a warning saying specifically not to use any timers and only plug directly into the mains to avoid fire risk. I often work 12-14 hour shifts and I'd be a paranoid mess.

it's a pain in the ass though

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
L
I would, but....

I need to turn the dial so it's slightly colder at night, then back up again for day - it's an oil heater, and I've read stories of the plug getting dangerously hot whn plugged into a timer. and it has a warning saying specifically not to use any timers and only plug directly into the mains to avoid fire risk. I often work 12-14 hour shifts and I'd be a paranoid mess.

it's a pain in the ass though
i hear you I work the same hrs daily but never had a problem used this method for 10 years now . Good luck keep us posted on your progress . Od .

Top Bottom