I want to do the UC in a 7' tall tent w/trees??

• Thread starter Santa Claus
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Santa Claus

Future UC grower here....

Is anybody growing trees with the UC in a tent? How's it working?

My situation requires using a 7' tall tent. Anybody doing it? Too short?

Thanks, SC

jimmyhoffa59

jimmyhoffa59

I grow in a 5x10... you cant grow trees. The MAX you wanna induce flower is like 3 foot tops.. because the lights end up too close if you veg a whole lot longer.. doing ANYTHING in a tent I have to go with BG and scrog them.. you will be happy.

QuarterbackMo

QuarterbackMo

Michigan has 7 foot ceilings in the basement and people are growing in uc's all over... I say get the xl and get 4 buckets per 1000w and flip your plants at about 12 to 15".

Bubblehaze

Bubblehaze

Make sure you get the 8 gallon buckets the 13 gallons will be to big thats what I have with 8 ft ceilings and they barley cut it.

V

vitamiin h20

Make sure you get the 8 gallon buckets the 13 gallons will be to big thats what I have with 8 ft ceilings and they barley cut it.

really your trees are touching the ceiling?? im about to start my first run with a 13gal. uc system and my rooms are only 8ft. tall also...

S

Santa Claus

I grow in a 5x10... you cant grow trees. The MAX you wanna induce flower is like 3 foot tops.. because the lights end up too close if you veg a whole lot longer.. doing ANYTHING in a tent I have to go with BG and scrog them.. you will be happy.

Jimmyhoffa,
I'm looking at doing 6-8 trees with vertical 1000's (4 per plant) in a 20' x 10' tent - I would be customizing the UC so there would be plenty of room light to stem. My only concern is the 7' height. I'm not getting how everyone is saying scrog instead of trees on the tent. Seems like 7' is tight, but doable for trees - I've got my card, so I want 6 trees for a higher yield, while staying in my legal limits.

With vertical lighting and 7', why not let them top out to the ceiling? I know it will bring the yield down a bit, but should still be pretty good right???

jimmyhoffa59

jimmyhoffa59

Jimmyhoffa,
I'm looking at doing 6-8 trees with vertical 1000's (4 per plant) in a 20' x 10' tent - I would be customizing the UC so there would be plenty of room light to stem. My only concern is the 7' height. I'm not getting how everyone is saying scrog instead of trees on the tent. Seems like 7' is tight, but doable for trees - I've got my card, so I want 6 trees for a higher yield, while staying in my legal limits.

With vertical lighting and 7', why not let them top out to the ceiling? I know it will bring the yield down a bit, but should still be pretty good right???

Guess we have some misunderstandings as to what your define as "trees". If you are growing in ANY space high or low ceilings you want to use a trellis. How high you set your trellis depends on the height of your ceilings/tent. You got the same height tent as myself and because of it being that tall, plus losing another foot for your lights you got ANOTHER foot lost for your buckets. That leaves you 5 feet of grow room and you also probably want to keep your plants at least a foot away from your lights.. so you got 4 feet of WORKABLE realistic vertical grow space to work with. Scrogging is just training your plants to be wider using the horizontal space you have to create a canopy of as many budsites as you can on a nice parallel level with your lights. Once the trellis is filled in you remove most of the undergrowth that will not get enough light so that the plants can focus on developing nice fat donkey dicks on the tops.

"Trees" are grown outdoors, or in a vertical lighting setup where you have 12-15' ceilings which you do NOT have. At least that is how I understand it. Your most efficient use of the space you have in a tent is to use a trellis.. all the big smart dogs around here use them.. look at Jacks threads.. hell pretty much ANY of the other threads in UC and people grow their plants into one big hedge.. Just keep your hedge no higher than about 20-24" above your buckets when you flip to flower so they have room to stretch without hitting your lights and ruining the bud tips. Get up some pictures of your current workings so we can all see exactly what you have to work with and what you want to do. Words are just written, a picture is worth a thousand words.

Keep it real :harvest:

Bubblehaze

Bubblehaze

really your trees are touching the ceiling?? im about to start my first run with a 13gal. uc system and my rooms are only 8ft. tall also...
I vegged in pots han
d watered for 3 weeks and 1 week in the uc my plants are all close to 40x40 and the lights are up as high as they go. Some of the plants are 12 inches away but they are cool enough. If you used skinny shields or cool tubes it would help I have xxxl's

They ate the 3ft cages I used
30 days in the uc total

DSCN1126.JPG

Top Bottom