I want to get Scrogged!

• Thread starter CHILKaT
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

CHILKaT

Alright, so I need some help figuring out the best course of action to get scrogged and improve yield and growing conditions. I used to have grow and bloom rooms 9'x7', my bloom room had 2x1000w + and I usually had about 6 plants in there anywhere from 5'-7' tall that would yield on average between 4-6 ozs per plant, more if I used LST. In the fall last year I had to downsize and downgrade into grow tents. I am currently running my grow in a 2x4 and bloom in a 3x5 w/1000w in perpetual with different strains. Organic soil. I am not looking for massive yield, this is a medical grow for my husband. So I have two rows of four, a total of 8 plants in bloom, they are crowded, stretchy and yield has dropped to about 1.5-2 oz's per plant, so this just isn't working too well.

What I would like to do is try a scrog, but don't believe I can do that while having a perpetual grow. So am I correct in that thinking? You're training them into the screen before switching the light cycle, right? So I would have to finish off all my plants currently in bloom, have the light on veg cycle and start the train into scrog and then flip the light once they are ready.

I'm thinking if I try to scrog, I could get maybe 2-3 plants in a 3'x5' tent? Would this actually improve my yield much over the eight I have in there?

My other thought is that I have an extra tent, it is only 2x2, but if I throw a 8 bank T5 in there and scrog one plant, keep my perpetual grow in the other tent but drop it down to say 4-5 plants and LST them with plenty of room I could then keep a pretty even canopy with lots of light penetration. This almost seems the easiest thing to do and would allow me to try a scrog first to see if it works for me before committing my bloom to it and losing all the time it would take waiting for perpetual to grow out, but I would have to spring for the 8 bank T5 light. :thinking

Any suggestions? What say you all?

This is the plant I want to scrog with, it has perfect form for this type of growing method. A Nepalese Sativa x Afghan x NYCD. It was an accidental cross that turned out to be phenomenal. I ran it as a test, topped it once, took a clone and it yielded 2.5 oz's. I don't smoke, but I am partial to pretty flowers! heh

Nxaxnycd 05
jagle

jagle

sorry cant help much with your scrog seyup, check out LBH tho on the forum, amazing threads on what he does.

some plant that is, gorgeous, love accidents haha

frenetic

frenetic

It will be difficult to do a perpetual screen grow because you need to veg it into the screen. You could prep it in veg for a screen and then weave it into the screen and switch to 12/12 but they could be difficult depending on the strain. Why dont you try SOG style, a screen is the same concept but with less plants.

love that plant ive seen pruple but not pink like that. is it your own creation are there seeds or clones available?

Latest posts

Top Bottom