I want to grow 1-2 mothers tops, what's the best way indoors?

• Thread starter djcronos
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

djcronos

I tried searching on the forums to see if I can find answers to this, but came up with no luck. I apologize if this has been asked before, since it is a question I'm sure has been asked before.

I'm tired of the inconsistencies of the clones I'm getting. Some of them are perfect, others are small and straggly. Out of the 6 cycles I've done, I've only had one time where the clones I got were 100% perfect. Because of this, I want to house my own mother and make my own clones.

I currently have a room dedicated to my grow. When I replace my current grow box there will only be a GrowLab 4x4 hut in there. I wanted to house a mother on the cheap, and am not against building my own frame inside that room and creating a small area for the mother(s).

First, how tall should I have a mother? How much length and width should I build for? What type of light, and how powerful should it be? What about ventilation?

Instead of recreating the wheel, if there's a link any of you can point me to, that would be very helpful.

Thanks a bunch!

H

H3mpseed

It really depends on how many clones you want to take and how often you want to take them. What is your flowering rooms space and wattage? Do you know the flowering time of your strain? How dense do you want your canopy for flowering? Are you going to do a continuous harvest system or take the clones all at once?

These are all very important questions. I'm sorry I couldn't have been more of a help but I grow from seed and have never taken a clone in my life.

~Goodluck

D

djcronos

Thanks for the help H3mp. Here's the answers.

My flowering room space is a 4x4 grow tent. The tent is housed in its own room, which is 10x10. Wattage is 1000W. I'll be growing either 16 or 32 plants. I'm undecided of the strain but I want one that flowers in ~49 days.

I might do a continuous system if I go with the 32 site option and do 16 sites each cycle.

I was thinking about getting another 4x4 tent to house two mothers which will allow me enough clones.

Thanks again.

L

Lost

Soil.. Its just so easy.. I have DWC, ebb and Flo, and soil going and the soil is really easy..

H

H3mpseed

Thanks for the help H3mp. Here's the answers.

My flowering room space is a 4x4 grow tent. The tent is housed in its own room, which is 10x10. Wattage is 1000W. I'll be growing either 16 or 32 plants. I'm undecided of the strain but I want one that flowers in ~49 days.

I might do a continuous system if I go with the 32 site option and do 16 sites each cycle.

I was thinking about getting another 4x4 tent to house two mothers which will allow me enough clones.

Thanks again.

Assuming your vegging for 30 days it breaks down to either 16 plants every 80 days or 16 plants every 40 days. For some good sized clones you should probably keep the mothers an upwards of 3 feet. Definetly with topping at least twice. A good sized growing space would be 4 x 4 x 3. not including the root space. Go with a Metal Halide with a higher Kelvin rating. For a 4 x 4 your looking at around 400 Watts.

If my measurements are off, someone let me know.

~Hope I helped

Latest posts

Top Bottom