I want to make weed brownies

• Thread starter PhoenixFlower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PhoenixFlower

PhoenixFlower

But I've never done this before. When I go look up recipes online, most tell me to go the long way around and make butter from my trim. I do not want to do this, I would prefer to just decarboxylate the stuff in the oven and then pour it into the brownie batter, and bake. Can I do this? Or do I have to make the cannabutter first?

Moshmen

Moshmen

But I've never done this before. When I go look up recipes online, most tell me to go the long way around and make butter from my trim. I do not want to do this, I would prefer to just decarboxylate the stuff in the oven and then pour it into the brownie batter, and bake. Can I do this? Or do I have to make the cannabutter first?
You can just decarb and eat - i decarb roach weed and put it in capsules - no taste!

HippiHemuli

HippiHemuli

Yeah just need decarb before eating and all is well. Butter is better if you dont like much that taste what trim/buds give and more easier make portions and use if you make more at same time, easier to store in freezer too that keep it +6months good. 🙂

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Yeah just need decarb before eating and all is well. Butter is better if you dont like much that taste what trim/buds give and more easier make portions and use if you make more at same time, easier to store in freezer too that keep it +6months good. 🙂
6 months? It would not last that long in our house.

josefrahl

josefrahl

I used to make blueberry mini muffins by sprinkling some ground bud on the top, and lightly covering it with batter. Always turned out just fine.

HippiHemuli

HippiHemuli

Too sleepy can be a result of cooking too long, as I understand it. I made some infused olive oil once and definitely overcooked it. One rice crispy treat and 40 minutes later you were napping never failed.
Yeh maybe overcooked or dont remember strain now but it was some more indica so that can be reason too. I like sleepy and indica stone but gf little bit more sativa type so she didnt eat that butter much like typically she would. 😃

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

You can, but they won't taste very good.. eating all that plant matter. It's not that hard to make cannabutter.
My wifes edibles use ground flower and there is no effect on taste.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

I've never liked anything I've made with flower... but maybe I just used too much or am too picky with flavors. 🤷‍♀️
Possibly. My wife is an excellent cook and there are things about cooking I would never have considered. It's on the order of chemistry when you do it correctly. For every bit of dry you add, you have to either remove some of the other dry or add some water or oil or something to balance the moisture content properly or taste and texture suffers.

TSD

TSD

Possibly. My wife is an excellent cook and there are things about cooking I would never have considered. It's on the order of chemistry when you do it correctly. For every bit of dry you add, you have to either remove some of the other dry or add some water or oil or something to balance the moisture content properly or taste and texture suffers.
Yeah for sure, I'm a pretty good cook myself, and baking especially is definitely chemistry.... that's why I use butter or oil, way easier, less chemistry lol. Experimentation is half the fun! I like making regular food into weed food. Funny story...My bestie and I made pasta and garlic bread once with my butter, didn't really measure... kinda just sautéed my onions for the sauce in some and slathered it on the garlic bread I made... well it was really good, and we had smoked, so we had seconds... I swear to God I've never been that high. My limbs and eyes were like lead for a couple hours. Once we finally removed ourselves from the couch, we just had laughing fits, literally on the floor crying real tears over dumb shit... it was a fun night but we're seasoned stoners lol, but the moral of the story is... measuring and calculating portion size is an important part of making and consuming edibles. 🤣 I was also high for like 20 hours once after eating a huge brownie my friend's mom made... with flower and after we ate it she was like "oh yeah I dumped a bunch of keif in too.... probably like a half ounce plus the ounce of bud." Gee thanks for the heads up AFTER I ate way too big of a serving. So OP... start with a small serving till you figure out the potency. 🤣

PhoenixFlower

PhoenixFlower

You can, but they won't taste very good.. eating all that plant matter. It's not that hard to make cannabutter.
I know people that mix spinach into their cake/brownies (for whatever unGodly reason). I'm also not a fan of the taste of butter, my sister made me some edibles last Xmas and I'm almost certain she used cannabutter in the treats, they were so greasy and left me feeling slightly nauseous.
I am going to come back to this post once I dry out my trim and weigh it to see how much I've got to work with, to ask for your advice, if you wouldn't mind.

Top Bottom