I Want To Say It's A Potassium Deficiency But Not Possitive.

• Thread starter Hellno187
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Hellno187

Hellno187

I've got this in 2 of my 4 plants, my Larry OG and 1 of the 2 Blue Dreams have this issue. These girls are in week 5 of 12/12 under 400 watt, in soil 2 1/2 gallon pots (small I know but have worked good in the past with the Blue Dream), water with ph of 6-6.5, feed with Fox Farms Tiger Bloom no other supplements as of now, temp is 68 (at lowest in dark) to 79 (at highest measured and not sustained), RH is 25-33%, my smallest (Larry OG) is 29" and the rest are about 4'. Can't think of anything else you might need to diagnose, but I will add any info I'm missing.

1st image is Blue Dream last 2 are Larry OG.

I want to say its a potassium deficiency but not possitive
I want to say its a potassium deficiency but not possitive 2
I want to say its a potassium deficiency but not possitive 3

SimplyCmplex

SimplyCmplex

Can't view the pics, try again. We definitely have to see pics to help out. Respect!

Hellno187

Hellno187

I saw that image issue 2 seconds after I posted lol, should be good to go now.

SimplyCmplex

SimplyCmplex

I've got this in 2 of my 4 plants, my Larry OG and 1 of the 2 Blue Dreams have this issue. These girls are in week 5 of 12/12 under 400 watt, in soil 2 1/2 gallon pots (small I know but have worked good in the past with the Blue Dream), water with ph of 6-6.5, feed with Fox Farms Tiger Bloom no other supplements as of now, temp is 68 (at lowest in dark) to 79 (at highest measured and not sustained), RH is 25-33%, my smallest (Larry OG) is 29" and the rest are about 4'. Can't think of anything else you might need to diagnose, but I will add any info I'm missing.

1st image is Blue Dream last 2 are Larry OG.

View attachment 672038 View attachment 672039 View attachment 672040

Gonna say mag deficiency. Do you use cal/mag?

Hellno187

Hellno187

Fox Farms Ocean Forest GT21, and so I should try getting the ph closer to 7? Because like a stated I'm pretty steady at a 6-6.5 right now (I know that's a .5 difference but I'm only going by color test kit don't have digital ph meter). Also to answer your question SimplyCmplex, no I'm just feeding Tiger Bloom right now no other supplements. Also if you have any supplement recommendation that would be awesome.
First pic Larry, second Blue Dream.
DSCN07891
DSCN07931

Last edited:
GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Fox Farms Ocean Forest GT21, and so I should try getting the ph closer to 7? Because like a stated I'm pretty steady at a 6-6.5 right now (I know that's a .5 difference but I'm only going by color test kit don't have digital ph meter). Also to answer your question SimplyCmplex, no I'm just feeding Tiger Bloom right now no other supplements. Also if you have any supplement recommendation that would be awesome.
View attachment 672082 View attachment 672083
Ffof... definitely get it up to about 6.8... youre probably locking nutes right now.

SimplyCmplex

SimplyCmplex

View attachment 672082 View attachment 672083

If you're using ocean forest and don't add cal/mag or at least mag...I guarantee you have a mag deficiency.

You need to check the run off when using ocean forest..the ph changes throughout flower. It comes ph adjusted between 6.3-6.8 now when you ph your water to let's say 6.3 and feed, I guarantee your runoff doesn't read 6.3 I bet you're in the mid to high 5's. Dolomite lime definitely helps stabilize ph..I add it to all my soil.

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
If you're using ocean forest and don't add cal/mag or at least mag...I guarantee you have a mag deficiency.

You need to check the run off when using ocean forest..the ph changes throughout flower. It comes ph adjusted between 6.3-6.8 now when you ph your water to let's say 6.3 and feed, I guarantee your runoff doesn't read 6.3 I bet you're in the mid to high 5's. Dolomite lime definitely helps stabilize ph..I add it to all my soil.
I have never added cal/mag to ffof. 30 day water veg... pk boost day 1 of flip... make sure you dont have nute drop around week 4 of flower.
Hellno.. do you see the issue with 6.0 -6.5 in soil? You are not in range of phos, cal and mag.

2017 02 23 001300
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I think they are burning and locking out mag and potassium from the PK heavy nute ratio. I would leach the pots with fresh water to at least 20% runoff then mix a lighter nute solution with a complete balanced grow nute to restore balance to your soil.

SimplyCmplex

SimplyCmplex

I have never added cal/mag to ffof. 30 day water veg... pk boost day 1 of flip... make sure you dont have nute drop around week 4 of flower.

When I made that statement I was referring to the op specifically... I guess it does read like a generalization. :(

SimplyCmplex

SimplyCmplex

Sorry bout that

No its all good I should have been specific...just looking at the pic I was leaning mag def...once op stated ffof with that ph I was pretty certain it's mag def..especially since there's no cal/mag being supplemented.

If ph is in check while using ffof definitely wouldn't have to add mag. Not sure why ffof gets such a bad rep..it's pretty decent box store bag soil for the $. Matter of fact..I ran low on supersoil..had to grow one of my kimbos in ffof...it did alright lol.

MidwestToker

MidwestToker

The problems I've run into with OF is over the last couple of years is with its inconsistency.
One bag will be fine and the next will need all sorts of amending, and of course you can't tell this till you're plants are already in it.

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
The problems I've run into with OF is over the last couple of years is with its inconsistency.
One bag will be fine and the next will need all sorts of amending, and of course you can't tell this till you're plants are already in it.
I like to reuse the stuff... only adding a bag to every 3 used already. .. can use it up to 3 times by itself though.

MidwestToker

MidwestToker

I,m not a big fan of re-using medium in an indoor garden. All my used soil get incorporated into my veggie and marijuana gardens outdoors. In fact with this weather we are having, I got 300 or so root balls tilled into the gardens.

Hellno187

Hellno187

I've read ffof has a tendency to drop the ph a lot so the last 2 waters I've had my ph closer to 7, but I haven't checked my run off the last 2 watering. Before however, I was checking run off and that was at around 6.5 which from what I read was supposed to be ideal. I do see your chart GT21 so I guess judging by that will start pushing my ph to 7-7.5, even though that does pull me out of the range of Mn and Fe. I am getting a lot of feed back (which is awesome), but after reading you guys conversation I'm not sure if I should or shouldn't be adding any supplements?

dabbin

dabbin

My initial thought was a potassium def brought out by overwatering.

However considering the small pot size + soil combo it's possible they're just hungry, 2 & 1/2 gallon pots = really small for soil. If they were mine I'd prolly check the watering frequency then feed emm with a really light dose of a good base nutrient n see how they respond.

Latest posts

Top Bottom