I want to set up a discreet grow in my garage

• Thread starter Burger
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

Burger

I want to set up a discreet grow in my garage, it has to be quiet and control the smell. I’m looking at grow cabinets and have seen Supercloset, BC northerlights and Universal Hydro. I’ve read reviews on the Supercloset and BC but can’t find much on Universal Hydro’s cabinets. They look like they are built well have a large carbon filter. Thanks for the input.

coloradochem

coloradochem

i wouldnt go with a grow cabinet, look at tents. how big of a grow are you wanting. have you grown b4?

B

Burger

I've grown in a tent in a bedroom for about a year but my family visits every few months and I have to tear it down. With a cabinet I can lock it and claim its for tools. I don't need a large grow just for myself and a few friends.

sky high

sky high

Use the pics of those cabs to make your own out of cabinets you can source locally from second hand/thrift stores/etc.

If you can find a good source...go with 2 cabs...one for veg...one for flower. it will save you having to light-tight the bloom from the veg area/etc and give you enough room to put the fan/filter inside/etc. Sitting side-by-side in a garage a bank of cabinets will be a fairly discreet kinda set up.

I've helped a few folks amass the supplies needded for their own cabs and you can do it for 1/2 of what you will pay for a BCBloom cab/etc. Find cheap cabs and you will do it for less than 1/2....

good luck

s h

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
Tents in a garage in the winter will prob get pretty cold if you dont heat the garage.

philly kush

philly kush

I would listen ta sweettooth n your gonna have ta figure out some kind of heating in the room as well. depot or lowes has small elec. baseboard heaters my boy uses them n they have thermo stats on them they work good. goodluck,it aint rocket science you'll figure it out

mikeb437

mikeb437

I built a nice cabinet and I'm ready to harvest my first grow in a week or so. Check out my thread in the micro grow section. It's small ,discreet cheap to build and fairly quiet. People have been within 10 ft of my box and never gave it a thought...

MendoCruz

MendoCruz

I would listen ta sweettooth n your gonna have ta figure out some kind of heating in the room as well. depot or lowes has small elec. baseboard heaters my boy uses them n they have thermo stats on them they work good. goodluck,it aint rocket science you'll figure it out

That's half true. If he were to put his fan on a speed control or a thermastat, he wouldn't need to heat the garage, he could use his HID for a heater.

But on another note, I think some of those cabinets are pretty neat. They are relatively turn key, most of the kinks have already been worked out. They are extremely discreet also. It's nice to just start growing and not having to spend so much time setting up and tinkering on the set up to get it dialed in. Your time growing and not building, setting up and tweaking, will probably pay for the extra cost of the cabinet. Either way would be great, though. To build or not to build. That is the question. haha

S

steelyeyes

Friend of mine put together a room in a room in his garage at two different places. He used door panels but I'd frame it like a real room. Then set it up with a filter and stuff and you're good to go.

W

wolftickets500

i would frame it with 2x4's then 3/4 plywood. it will help keep heat in then divide it horizontially with about 2 ft on the bottom for veg. should be able to knock out decent crops as long as the upper is good sized.will hold co2 well also.just keep it well vented

R

RustyShakleford

I built a 8'x9' room inside my garage using 1x2 and 2x2s, with Insulation Sheething instead of drywall, then put my 4x4x6 tent inside the room. There is still plenty of space to keep my Controller bucket, exhaust fan, ballast and everything else outside the tent.. I vent through the wall under the house and pull fresh air from the already built in Garage floor vents.

I lined the entire outside of the room with Black Plastic sheeting and tell everyone its a darkroom, so they cant enter cause they could ruin my film. So far its working great!

longshanks

longshanks

Burger I would agree with SkyHigh's post on the first page if anyone knows his stuff that guy does, I would go with the self build option like he says those premade cabinets are crazy expensive seen some recently for 2 grand sterling huge money you can build them quite easy if you good with power tools and stuff, best of luck with it. Also people were on about heat problems or lack of it use a fan controller is what I do with a sensor linked up to 3 fans one is air in, other air out and 3 is a normal household fan heater all controlled by the sensor unit, they are about 200 quid Sterling but worth it in my view takes the headache out of having to monitor temps all the time.

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
When my family visits I tell them not to go upstairs, not to go in the basement and don't snoop around anywhere or you are getting thrown the fuck out. I don't even grow in this house either.

Why are people exploring your house? That makes no sense to me. Take control of the situation. If I had to I would tell people not to ever come to my house. Period. I will visit you because you can't mind your own business and stay in the living room.

hiboy

hiboy

When my family visits I tell them not to go upstairs, not to go in the basement and don't snoop around anywhere or you are getting thrown the fuck out. I don't even grow in this house either.

Why are people exploring your house? That makes no sense to me. Take control of the situation. If I had to I would tell people not to ever come to my house. Period. I will visit you because you can't mind your own business and stay in the living room.

word
hb

Top Bottom