I was wondering how often to change my Bulbs

• Thread starter BayAreaKushking
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

c4NN4daze

It's good to change bulbs once every 12-16 months.

Word,
CD

O

oglovinlife18

i heard the bulbs peak is at 10-14 months i normally toss em right after the 14th

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
every 3-6 months to keep your grow optimal

T

tomsawyer

HID bulbs will intensify slightly after they are used a bit. Then over time they will start to fade. Small tungsten particles in the arc tube become airborne and will actually coat the inside of the arc tube blocking the light. - This from engineer of the G-Lux bulb by GGL.

K

kinzla34

Changing lamps too often is a waste of money. Not changing them at the right time means yields suffer. The only way to be sure is to measure the light at the canopy.

All lamps depreciate light output from the moment they are struck on. MH is the worst. Lumen output should be converted to umoles for plant light intensity levels that fall within PAR ranges. That means if the lamp is producing less lumens or is not the right spectrum the yields drop.

There is a chart at the bottom of this link that shows lumen depreciation relative to the hours the lamp has run. Measure light output at the canopy and when it falls below 400 umoles on average over a sq meter it's time to get the lamp closer or add a lamp.

If you have a standard light meter then that would be 4000 foot candles as a rough conversion to umoles.

The chart is at the bottom of the no 3 link.

peace

Top Bottom