I woke up to this this morning

• Thread starter JadedMarxist
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Nugg

Nugg

6-6.5 in hydro??? That should be around 5.8 - 6...otherwise you do get lock out.
Not here..got 3 different systems running perpetual..far as I know it's common knowledge for dwc..there are other forms of hydro..

snapte

snapte

Not here..got 3 different systems running perpetual..far as I know it's common knowledge for dwc..there are other forms of hydro..
Try lowering it a bit...as I have never read that that ph range is optimal for hydro, no matter what form of hydro. Where did you read this common knowledge? I have many grow books at home here and I have never read that.

Nugg

Nugg

Try lowering it a bit...as I have never read that that ph range is optimal for hydro, no matter what form of hydro. Where did you read this common knowledge? I have many grow books at home here and I have never read that.
Thx.but I don't need assistance..I struggled for a year reading books that was wrong to my style I guess..I gave him a chart to go off that is almost perfect for him..that's all..and I said it's not for everyone..you will never convince me to lower my pH..been there done that..and I would never suggest anything that I did not do myself along with other local growers.. maybe it's our location..

snapte

snapte

Thx.but I don't need assistance..I struggled for a year reading books that was wrong to my style I guess..I gave him a chart to go off that is almost perfect for him..that's all..and I said it's not for everyone..you will never convince me to lower my pH..been there done that..and I would never suggest anything that I did not do myself along with other local growers.. maybe it's our location..
No trying to convince anyone...it is just so different than what I have been doing for the last 28 years...maybe it is the water. I started using RO long time ago, so that my starting point would always be the same, but If it works for you keep doing what you do.

aplatac

aplatac

There a lot out there,but chart im stay close to..but not for everyone..View attachment 942886
I've just been lurking here for awhile but am not able to keep up with all the threads and subjects yet, so forgive me if this is a redundant question. Feel free to link me to any previous answers.

a) Where is the original source for this information? It looks really great, with all the info in one place.
b) Is this specifically for hydro grows? I'm guessing the numbers, like pH especially, but possibly other factors as well, might be slightly different for organic soil grows?

Thanks for sharing!

ADDED: Never mind. I posted my comment before reading so many other comments.

JadedMarxist

JadedMarxist

Supporter
Well fml. Ithis morning I wake to find the lower older leafs are now turning the same way as the new growth. Might be finished with this on ejust make room for my alcopolco gold lady and let her Bush right up

stukonarock

stukonarock

The white film in your buckets may be precipitate from mixing nutrient wrong. If using cal-mag it should be added before nutrients or it will react and precipitation will occur making whatever it reacted with unavailable. Also never mix concentrated nutrients together.

22 c water temp seems high to me for water culture. Root pathogens can take hold quickly at those temps. Years of experience in aeroponics I found it best to never exceed 65f lest the roots go for shite.

Your healthier plant may be just resisting this better and may follow suit in short order. I’d take the weaker plant as an indication that all is not well.

stuk

stukonarock

stukonarock

Also the temperature in that bucket is likely higher that the other plant as it is more exposed to thermal radiation not being shaded yet. I would measure the water temp directly in that bucket and if the plant share a common water source any root pathogens attacking this plant will start to affect the other (s) in short order. I’d take a real close look at the roots and see if they “slip” their outer sheath, a sure sign of Root rot beginning.

JadedMarxist

JadedMarxist

Supporter
Roots seem to be ok Ibe been putting frozen eater bottles into the the buckets to try to lower my water temps it fluxuates between 23C down to 21 C. And it's winter right now. Come summer this is gonna become a major struggle. Something for me to think about.

JadedMarxist

JadedMarxist

Supporter
I think you maybe right on the money. The roots on the sickly plant I just touched it and It pulled off the plant like it Wasent even attached. The other plant seems to be fine big root ball but I gotta get these water temps dialed in, oh and they b pi th are in individual buckets so I could adjust the feeding individually because of different strains gonna move my tent to basement to help water temps. Also gonna change out the water this afternoon.

JadedMarxist

JadedMarxist

Supporter
Anything I can do t ok stop the root rot? I'm thinking the roots look good so hope in it salvageable. What can I get to put in my water after change out to prevent this. Say at home depot because it's Sunday and no hydro store is open in 100km radius ntikl tomorrow

JadedMarxist

JadedMarxist

Supporter
Well got my girls now living in the dungeon and they seem much happier already.althougg I got a new light today and new meters.

II'm confident I've got things good for now the water temps right at 68f forest water and nutes the right ph finally.

TThey have both kinda exploded since this after noon alone.

BBlew my mind. Thanks for the advise who woulda thought all this due to temperature of mY water

SSorry for crappy typing on mobile

stukonarock

stukonarock

A couple of things you can do for the root problems. 1) use ridomil once to cure the problem if your comfortable using it. It should be safe to use at this stage.
2) h2o2 in the bucket maybe 5-10 ml per day. It will dissipate within 24 hours so you’ll have to stay on top of it. 3) cool the roots actively - when I ran aero this was the biggest issue I fought. Poor mans res cooler buy a 25’ per bucket or so of drip line and attach to a cold water source. Coil the line up in the bucket and trickle cold water through it continuously and down the drain.

stukonarock

stukonarock

Another possibility is to use change it to a heart type system and plumb the buckets to it so that you can increase the volume of water. This will stabilize the temp better and give you a bit more buffer. The downside is the plant are no longer isolated and if one goes bad they all will in rapid fashion. Water temp and aeration is the key to successful water culture. Without control of the temp I will guarantee you will have problems. Water molds and Pythium fungus are devastating. I loved running Aero when it worked it was unbeatable when it didn’t it was always better to start over than to try to save them. I just got tired of all the possible failure modes and moved to drain to waste Rockwool slab in sleeve system that I have dialed and love it. Sterile every start and super quick clean up and reset.

JadedMarxist

JadedMarxist

Supporter
I got the temps under control but I had my water at 5.85 yesterday after adding all my nutes and waiting half hour to see if anything precipitated out and nothing did that I could see. This morning I m doing my Dailey checks and record and in 18 hours the ppms went down 10 ppm in each bucket but my ph is up to 7 in both buckets. What could change my ph almost a whole point up like that with out a fluxuation in ppms? My crit Kush was looking better the roots have def grown but its very pale in colour today

JadedMarxist

JadedMarxist

Supporter
How much should my ppm fall per day?

Mine are falling about 10ppm per 24 hours, my water lvl fall significantly and mypHraises about. 2 from 5.9 to6. 1.

Does that sound about right to everyone?

The ppms went from 550 to 540in the last 24 hours and the other one went from 490 to480maybe both lost about a litre of water.

JadedMarxist

JadedMarxist

Supporter
Thanks for the help fellas. Plants are looking good and healthy now. Couple more questions if ya don't mind.

One is it possible to have too much oxygen in the water?

Two does the oxygen have a ph lvl. As in will putting more air into the water make my ph fluxuate?

What I thought were dark patches on my roots are my poor eyesight in them blurple lights roots looking good but I kinda panicked and went to the hydro store but buddy said "fuk the h202 or any kind of root solution" he said keep temps down and add more air so I bought another pump and am running 2 pumps and 2 stones in each bucket.

Again appreciate all the help and am looking forward to my next problem jks lol

stukonarock

stukonarock

Thanks for the help fellas. Plants are looking good and healthy now. Couple more questions if ya don't mind.

One is it possible to have too much oxygen in the water?

Two does the oxygen have a ph lvl. As in will putting more air into the water make my ph fluxuate?

What I thought were dark patches on my roots are my poor eyesight in them blurple lights roots looking good but I kinda panicked and went to the hydro store but buddy said "fuk the h202 or any kind of root solution" he said keep temps down and add more air so I bought another pump and am running 2 pumps and 2 stones in each bucket.

Again appreciate all the help and am looking forward to my next problem jks lol

Too much oxygen.... no! Too much free radical oxygen as in h2o2....100% yes.
Will oxygenating you’re roots effect pH.... possibly. The added air contains some level of CO2. If you are enriching the co2 in the room and allowing it to settle to the floor and your air pumps are drawing room air from close to the floor then yes. Co2 bubbles through water will acidify it. Oxygen and other gases may react with the nutrients as well. The cleanest source of air possible should be being drawn into your air pumps.

Top Bottom