I wonder sometimes

• Thread starter jamk911
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jamk911

jamk911

if weed grows naturally in a christmas tree form..
Why dont they make any led grow lights shaped like a roof or upside down v.. to just accommodate this natural growing form of most plants.. kind of odd.. they can do everything but cant just shape lights to fit plants.. i mean alot of plants grow this way too...

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Why dont they make any led grow lights shaped like a roof or upside down v.. to just accommodate this natural growing form of most plants.. kind of odd.. they can do everything but cant just shape lights to fit plants.. i mean alot of plants grow this way too...

You can angle light boards or just use them vertically as side lighting. But indoors most top or train to fit the space so with short plants its not neccessary.

jamk911

jamk911

When you train though.. think about it logically.. you lose growth.. that would be prevented with roof shape lighting..
Training involves removing or bending and slowing the quicker top growth.. so lower growth catches up ...its not like nutrients where you are encouraging growth.. you are hindering growth..

But yeah.. i was considering doing that.. putting 2 strips on sides of plants 🤣

FourthCity

FourthCity

Because most people that grow marijuana grow more than one plant. As soon as you start to trying efficiently grow multiple plants what you are suggesting would no longer be useful.

When you train though.. think about it logically.. you lose growth.. that would be prevented with roof shape lighting..
Training involves removing or bending and slowing the quicker top growth.. so lower growth catches up ...its not like nutrients where you are encouraging growth.. you are hindering growth..

But yeah.. i was considering doing that.. putting 2 strips on sides of plants 🤣
Proper training does not cause you to lose or slow growth, it just redistributes the growth more evenly.
pq-1-jpg.1004677

Anthem

Anthem

That would be counter product in a sea of green application.

jamk911

jamk911

Because most people that grow marijuana grow more than one plant. As soon as you start to trying efficiently grow multiple plants what you are suggesting would no longer be useful.

Proper training does not cause you to lose or slow growth, it just redistributes the growth more evenly.
pq-1-jpg.1004677
I never said it wouldnt grow back..
Imagine how big that plant would be if you didnt chop it.. what.. 8 times? Thats 8 times you took off a day worth of growth and the plant had to say .. hey wtf...
Its literally impossible.. taking away something to make it bigger..
Just look at any topped vs untopped video..
The topped plant IS wider..
Its also a third as tall .. now imagine if you didnt have to chop it and make it short..
Just had a light .. that was conformed to a plants growth
Forget the v shape .. ok you got 4 plants..
MM <---- that shape.. with leds all along it..

FourthCity

FourthCity

I never said it wouldnt grow back..
Imagine how big that plant would be if you didnt chop it.. what.. 8 times? Thats 8 times you took off a day worth of growth and the plant had to say .. hey wtf...
Its literally impossible.. taking away something to make it bigger..
Just look at any topped vs untopped video..
The topped plant IS wider..
Its also a third as tall .. now imagine if you didnt have to chop it and make it short..
Just had a light .. that was conformed to a plants growth
Forget the v shape .. ok you got 4 plants..
MM <---- that shape.. with leds all along it..
No choping, everything you have assumed about it is wrong. It is a whole plant that has been lst'd, I have removed less than a couple dozen leaves so far, that is it. If I had not trained it the lower branches would not have grown as much or as quickly. Now there are many colas and the plant will produce more than it would have without training.

If a plant is properly trained that means the grower has considered the way the strain grows and the available grow space. All my plants will reach pretty close to the maximum amount of height available to them (just under 6' from floor to max light height) so any additional sqft they cover just equals additional yield.

For me to grow the plant vertically would mean growing plants that are technically shorter not taller, tying the branches down means that more of the plants height is diverted horizontally but that just allows more room for additional growth, not less. This also causes the side branches to develop further so again, proper training should equal more overall growth and greater yield when done correctly, not less.

Madmax

Madmax

Well said bro..mine actually speed up as the plants own stimulant auxins makes the stem cells elongate on one side creating growth.i also get more bud per stem and also great for stealth grows outdoors .if i make my holes bigger my plants get Huuge.this is topped once.6 main branches..look at all the bud sites..but i would agree topping does slow down the plant but it more than makes up for it..

Screenshot 20200625 223136
Last edited:
Top Bottom