ibl or bx1??

• Thread starter tattoojim
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
tattoojim

tattoojim

Unknown farmer
Supporter
i need some help here fellow farmers... the last 3 grows i have been tryn to learn as much about breeding as i can. mostly cause i want to keep this bubba cross i made.
i know that i made a f1 im pretty sure, now i have 2 females from that stock and one male. all caring the same smell and mostly same structure.
now im pretty sure breeding them is ibl or bx1... or is that just a failed breeding?

tattoojim

tattoojim

Unknown farmer
Supporter
sry if that is confusing..

tattoojim

tattoojim

Unknown farmer
Supporter
i asked about ibl and bx1 cause i could not find info on these breeding stats

convex

convex

IBL is an In-Bred-Line, the result of successive breeds of progeny until stabilized.
You make an F1 cross and select and breed f2 from the results; select and breed f3 from the results and so on.
Will take some time and effort before desired traits are locked down, probably 6 or more generations.

BX is a plant that is bred back to one of it's parentals.

Cheers

tattoojim

tattoojim

Unknown farmer
Supporter
tat breeding that male to your 2 females will be F2's...
enjoy
thanks for that reply bro..i dont want to misrepresent what im doing. mostly cause this cross is a keeper. a buddy tryd to get all the f1s i made but i kept a few and they are the phenos i want.
im still a lil confused on ibl...

tattoojim

tattoojim

Unknown farmer
Supporter
IBL is an In-Bred-Line, the result of successive breeds of progeny until stabilized.
You make an F1 cross and select and breed f2 from the results; select and breed f3 from the results and so on.Reply
Will take some time and effort before desired traits are locked down, probably 6 or more generations.

BX is a plant that is bred back to one of it's parentals.

Cheers
now i understand the f2s, but confused on ibl still

tattoojim

tattoojim

Unknown farmer
Supporter
Continue with the filial (f1, f2, f3 ...) generations until stabilized. Once stable and consistent you can refer to it as an IBL.

Cheers
thanks for making it alot easier to understand...im realy excited about this next seed run. might use my male to cross the power kush and purple haze for fun

tattoojim

tattoojim

Unknown farmer
Supporter
Did you ever use your male to cross the Power Kush and Purple Haze?
no i wasted that male :(...i have that f1 female on hand still ,,i just need to pop the last of the f1 stock and find a male...the thing is i only have like 4 of the f1 stock left...i traded most of the f1s:(

tattoojim

tattoojim

Unknown farmer
Supporter
Did you ever use your male to cross the Power Kush and Purple Haze?
btw ..i still have a cut of power kush..it was a reveg, and doing good:D...purple haze was not so purp and not as potent as the pk...and the pk finishes in 45 to 55 days:D

symbiote420

symbiote420

I think a strain reaches IBL status by the f4 - f5 generations, things are pretty much where they need to be if you've been selecting for particular traits each gen. they should be pretty uniform and breed true!
Or you can say a plant reaches Ibl once it breeds true for all your favorable/selected traits!

Bx1 is the 1st backcross of a strain, like: ex
step one: OG Kush x Thai = f1 cross
step two: OG Kush x (OG Kush x Thai) = 1st backcross! Bx1
then
step three: OG Kush x (OG Kush x{OG kush x Thai}) = 2nd backcross, Bx2

tattoojim

tattoojim

Unknown farmer
Supporter
I think a strain reaches IBL status by the f4 - f5 generations, things are pretty much where they need to be if you've been selecting for particular traits each gen. they should be pretty uniform and breed true!
Or you can say a plant reaches Ibl once it breeds true for all your favorable/selected traits!

Bx1 is the 1st backcross of a strain, like: ex
step one: OG Kush x Thai = f1 cross
step two: OG Kush x (OG Kush x Thai) = 1st backcross! Bx1
then
step three: OG Kush x (OG Kush x{OG kush x Thai}) = 2nd backcross, Bx2
thanks bro ...iwas still kinda like o_O on the ibl part

JAWS

JAWS

make sure and keep your OG KUSH MOTHER around for this process take clones when need but keep her in-house and use her for breeding stock for all the resulting offspring, also from the f1 try best you can to spot what GENETICS your after and always try to find/use those in your bxings....

get things straight in your head before starting and things will be much easyer for you along the way....

peace;)

tattoojim

tattoojim

Unknown farmer
Supporter
make sure and keep your OG KUSH MOTHER around for this process take clones when need but keep her in-house and use her for breeding stock for all the resulting offspring, also from the f1 try best you can to spot what GENETICS your after and always try to find/use those in your bxings....

get things straight in your head before starting and things will be much easyer for you along the way....

peace;)
thanks for stopping in brother jaws

tattoojim

tattoojim

Unknown farmer
Supporter

peace;)
i have 5 cuts of her on hand :D

tags420

tags420

IBL= f6 and beyond. There is a local guy who has a purple stain in f16...that was last year, it's basically a california landrace now. Bx'ing is faster to stabilize traits but you got to keep the original cut around the whole time. Tough to do, some would rather just breed it out to get the IBL.

Top Bottom