Ice or snow on the media ?

• Thread starter HomeGrown16
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
HomeGrown16

HomeGrown16

Will putting ice or snow on the top of the soil do anything to the plant I seen a pic in a recent thread where dude had 2-3 inches of snow piled up on the top of the soil. Just wondering if anybody has done it

Homesteader

Homesteader

Depends on the stage of the plant. Snow during the last month before harvest can bring some crazy colors but other than that it just melts

Homesteader

Homesteader

I don't know if I would say pointless but if the plants are starting to fade they probably wont take much water up anyhow. Are you looking to gain color?
Personally I would if they need water. I wouldn't get your hopes up on gaining anything from it though. A slow release watering and maybe a few degree temp drop.

HomeGrown16

HomeGrown16

I figured maybe a small purple hue nothin crazy even if I don’t get it I won’t be disappointed but why not try. GSC auto is likely to have a lil color with temp dropping a bit. But thanks for the reply dude
I don't know if I would say pointless but if the plants are starting to fade they probably wont take much water up anyhow. Are you looking to gain color?
Personally I would if they need water. I wouldn't get your hopes up on gaining anything from it though. A slow release watering and maybe a few degree temp drop.

JSH1973

JSH1973

Supporter
Would the snow insulate the top of the soil a little?

Latest posts

Top Bottom