Ice Water Hash Issues Please Help

• Thread starter Mass Meds
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mass Meds

Mass Meds

Okay so update...

First attempt at this with 200 grams of sugar leaf. Used a spoon. And the result was amazing. We did like 5-6 runs and the material never turned green on us.

Second attempt 454 grams of mainly bud and then sugar leaf. Used a paint mixing drill attachment. The results were super green. We did 3 runs and it was super green and gooey. And this was with fresh frozen buds, not just sugar leaf.

Not sure what we did wrong.

DismalDude

DismalDude

Okay so update...

First attempt at this with 200 grams of sugar leaf. Used a spoon. And the result was amazing. We did like 5-6 runs and the material never turned green on us.

Second attempt 454 grams of mainly bud and then sugar leaf. Used a paint mixing drill attachment. The results were super green. We did 3 runs and it was super green and gooey. And this was with fresh frozen buds, not just sugar leaf.

Not sure what we did wrong.
The paint mixer beats the living shit out of it.It's just chlorophyll,rinse it really well while still in the bubble bag,I use the sink sprayer,it will take a lot of the chlorophyll out of it.

Mass Meds

Mass Meds

Interesting.

So we obviously can't go back and rinse the hash now. It's been drying since last night. This is not very photogenic hash. But it was always going to be converted into edibles. So hopefully the chlorophyll bother people.

Dbear180

Dbear180

Interesting.

So we obviously can't go back and rinse the hash now. It's been drying since last night. This is not very photogenic hash. But it was always going to be converted into edibles. So hopefully the chlorophyll bother people.

Might taste a lil green, use it in lemon bars or something else you can have a frosting or glaze on to help mask it.

Dbear180

Dbear180

Could make butter too if the green problem persists. Cheese cloth the material like a tea bag & let it cook on low for like 6-8 hours in a crockpot.

DismalDude

DismalDude

Interesting.

being that your going to use it in edibles you're going to decarb first so that will hep with taste.

Mass Meds

Mass Meds

Ok thanks for all the feedback and suggestions.

@Dbear180 On the next run. We're going to use the drill again, but do shorter cycles and with less agitation. Then for the last 1-2 runs go a little harder on the plant matter.

Coco butter is an option. We have so much of that already hash seemed like an easier form to store over leaf and butter.

@Hackerman Fridge would work for us if we could guarantee the plant matter was going to be processed in a timely fashion. But since it could be a few weeks before this gets all hashed out (lol)...freezing is the only option. On our first run using a spoon the hash was blond, then tan. So it's possible to freeze and not get chlorophyll in the concentrate.

@DismalDude Do we decarboxylate? Yes we do. We were going to be putting the hash into coco butter and heating it for 24 hours on around 200F degrees. That's our standard approach. And it has been working very well for us

P

Pass2TheLeft

You make it with fresh green not dryied?? I always make ice hash with dryed material and i get 3 times as much as if i do with undried weed i also mix it inside the freezer i dont beat the crap out of it just give it a gd mix up then leave it in the freezer till it starts to refreeze then i pour it into the 3 bags throw the crap out from the 1st 2 bags and keep the last 1

Mass Meds

Mass Meds

You make it with fresh green not dryied?? I always make ice hash with dryed material and i get 3 times as much as if i do with undried weed i also mix it inside the freezer i dont beat the crap out of it just give it a gd mix up then leave it in the freezer till it starts to refreeze then i pour it into the 3 bags throw the crap out from the 1st 2 bags and keep the last 1

We sort of messed up the latest run. We were working with a pound of fresh bud and sugar leaf whole, not chopped. Ran a number of runs, but only yielded around 7 grams of dried hash.

Like something of around 2% return.

Anyone have input on whether the buds should be chopped down before Ice water hash extraction?

TerpyTyrone

TerpyTyrone

We sort of messed up the latest run. We were working with a pound of fresh bud and sugar leaf whole, not chopped. Ran a number of runs, but only yielded around 7 grams of dried hash.

Anyone have input on whether the buds should be chopped down before Ice water hash extraction?
Yes

Mr.jiujitsu

Mr.jiujitsu

Unless it’s really dry and breaks apart completely. Properly drying an curing is the only way I have done it. Even the sugar leaf gets properly dried before using. The exception has been sugar leaf butter, and that’s just out of laziness.

Mass Meds

Mass Meds

Researching this we found a lot of support for fresh frozen for Ice water hash. And that the yield was better this way.

Most of the bud after the final run was in bits and pieces. But it still felt somewhat sticky, making us think we weren't getting it all.

Mr.jiujitsu

Mr.jiujitsu

Researching this we found a lot of support for fresh frozen for Ice water hash. And that the yield was better this way.

Most of the bud after the final run was in bits and pieces. But it still felt somewhat sticky, making us think we weren't getting it all.
How much ice and how long are you letting it sit? I run a bunch of bags and buckets and stage it.....

Mass Meds

Mass Meds

We actually didn't let it sit and likely didn't use enough ice. The instructions sheet isn't the best.

Sounds like we should fill with ice and water agitate a little but then let sit for 20 minutes. Then stir for 15-20 minutes. Then let sit and then strain. The sitting period can be housed in the fridge or freezer.

And then repeat? How does this sound?

Mr.jiujitsu

Mr.jiujitsu

We actually didn't let it sit and likely didn't use enough ice. The instructions sheet isn't the best.

Sounds like we should fill with ice and water agitate a little but then let sit for 20 minutes. Then stir for 15-20 minutes. Then let sit and then strain. The sitting period can be housed in the fridge or freezer.

And then repeat? How does this sound?

I typically layer ice and flower and let sit once it’s melted I agitate

Top Bottom