Ice Water Hash Issues Please Help

• Thread starter Mass Meds
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
stiffneck

stiffneck

Researching this we found a lot of support for fresh frozen for Ice water hash. And that the yield was better this way.

Most of the bud after the final run was in bits and pieces. But it still felt somewhat sticky, making us think we weren't getting it all.

I ALWAYS found a higher yield when using DRIED flowers or trim. Using fresh frozen materiel ALWAYS produced less hash. Any time I have made ice water hash with fresh materiel it is very unstable, sticky and very hard to handle. But dam good though. In just prefer to use dried...

Mass Meds

Mass Meds

We ran another batch. Still nothing coming close to what we collected in the first run. Where none of the bags retained green colored product.

Now all but one collection is green!

Even after watching videos. It seems like we're clearly just doing something wrong.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

I ALWAYS found a higher yield when using DRIED flowers or trim. Using fresh frozen materiel ALWAYS produced less hash. Any time I have made ice water hash with fresh materiel it is very unstable, sticky and very hard to handle. But dam good though. In just prefer to use dried...

Yeah, this dude has huge balls.

Mass Meds

Mass Meds

Not sure we can dry effectively the fresh frozen material. I'll give it one more go using the bubble bags and then it's back to canna coco oil

CaliRooted

CaliRooted

Drop the drill your beating the product up way to much if green is what your getting. A wooden padel for like 4-5 minutes is plenty. The real magic happens when you get the matriel COLD as you can with lite agitation

grbattle420

grbattle420

I used 1 ounce of trimm and 1 ounce of Bud and got 12.5 grams of some beautiful blonde hash. That's a 22.3% return of Dutch Passion Blueberry strain. Not to bad for 10 mins worth of work. Next in gonna press it with a glass jar filled with Hot Hot water. Bubble hash is cleaner, but is messier and if you don't get all the water out you might be smoking mold.

20181108 104759
Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Researching this we found a lot of support for fresh frozen for Ice water hash. And that the yield was better this way.

Most of the bud after the final run was in bits and pieces. But it still felt somewhat sticky, making us think we weren't getting it all.
I have enough fresh frozen material (all trimmed outdoor grown bud) to try this:
I have also seen a Bubbleman's Utube video on making fresh frozen using a mini washing machine.(google for it..Bubbleman's birthday bash or something.

https://www.alchimiaweb.com/blogen/fresh-frozen-cannabis-extractions/

mrdz2u

mrdz2u

Okay so update...

First attempt at this with 200 grams of sugar leaf. Used a spoon. And the result was amazing. We did like 5-6 runs and the material never turned green on us.

Second attempt 454 grams of mainly bud and then sugar leaf. Used a paint mixing drill attachment. The results were super green. We did 3 runs and it was super green and gooey. And this was with fresh frozen buds, not just sugar leaf.

Not sure what we did wrong.
i use an electric hand beater and it works insane

P

Pass2TheLeft

Ive tryed both ways dry and fresh i get atleast 3 times more dry

P

Pass2TheLeft

If your smart you would quick dip all your buds dry only do it once for the best stuff keep that to smoke;)

stiffneck

stiffneck

This thing is pretty bad ass. I throw a pound in the bag... turn that fucker on and sit and smoke some hash while it does its thing. I drain into my bags that are set up in buckets with the bottoms cut out and all stacked like a tower. That way it just drains.... oh yeah.

20180717 2037310 1
Mass Meds

Mass Meds

Just spent 110 minutes watching French Canolli's 58 minute video running trim in his washer. Our next run will be with a spoon and we'll just take things slow.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Love my Bubbleman washer and bags. ;)
I love my Bubbleman Knockoff Bags and machine..LOL I paid $40 for the 5 gallon machine and $25 for a 5 bag 5 gallon set. Oh..I had to pay $20 for a Bubbleman Machine 220 bag..It sucks..loose threads everywhere and the closing ribbons are a joke..Got a Growsun bag that has YKK zippers and seems better made for the Same $$.

I wanted as 20 gal machine but will not pay $300 for the Bubbleman brand..Can't locate a knockoff either.

Top Bottom